Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Drez This game kinda just sort of started off kinda clunky in general. I'm just glad we can all get off to a real start--I'm just considering this day one for all intents and purposes. OKAY SLEEP FOR REAL NOW.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Also, if someone used a target that possibly lead to scum's kill failing, they should talk about it. It'll help us narrow down what actually happened at night, and would prevent us from lynching someone on a faulty theory about what actually happened. Also, consider that scum have more information then town. With no flips at all, we still have no information. I'd rather not rely on the absence of a kill to be the root of our leads today.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Exactly, this is still day one to me, unless someone comes out with a claim. If a doctor protected someone, they should claim the person they protected, because it clears them. (Meaning we'd have two confirmed town, and that's good in a small town like this)

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Exactly, this is still day one to me, unless someone comes out with a claim. If a doctor protected someone, they should claim the person they protected, because it clears them. (Meaning we'd have two confirmed town, and that's good in a small town like this)
Uhhh but wouldn't the doctor die next night phase?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Also, Coco, I'd like for you to give some updated reads. What's your thoughts on the events before the no lynch?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Uhhh but wouldn't the doctor die next night phase?
Yes, but then there are two people that are confirmed town. Imagine if the doctor was killed tonight, then his action would have been a waste because we won't know who he targeted. With a cop it's different, they should claim on D3, because it's the most optimal. Anyway, if the doctor protected someone, and they are about to be lynched, THEY HAVE TO CLAIM that they are innocent. Don't be a jerk and let them die.

---

Or, the doctor can crumb their target. I think a good idea is for everyone to give their top two town reads, and the doctor can put their protect in one of them. Just have to be smart about it.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
For all the newbies, I want to say one thing. I preach activity. I preach discussion. Poke at others if you see them viewing. If there is constant discussion, scum have to continue to post because the rest of the town is posting, and therefore it gives them more chances to slip up, because everything they say is a lie. Or at least, some of what they say if they are good enough.

@Aykorn: I have thrown some suspicion your way, but I encourage you to continue to post, regardless of alignment, as it'll get you more involved and it'll help you develop as a player, and this goes for everyone. If you are town, and you get more involved and post more, your town will show. I want an updated reads list from you, and I want you to post more. Do not be afraid, and do not distract yourself.

@xCoCo: Hurry up with them reads! I hope you are getting something up. Also, change your avatar to something better. I want you posting more too, we need more active posters.

---

If there is no discussion, the town becomes dead and it'll be easier for scum to hide. Then town will be all confused "Who do we kill???" "I don't know"

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Also, Rom-stein. Why don't you have any scumreads?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I'm reconsidering some angles here. For one thing, for newbies, mafia can be an exciting role to have. Unless they are like me, and prefer the good guy. (Yet, being scum in that situation is STILL exciting, as it was for my first time) Lonelysquid seems confused about the game, and is obviously not engaged or seemingly interested. Usually the newbies who are town are 'alone' and don't have guidance, so they are confused and they fall off. This is the vibe I get from Lonelysquid here. Not a clear but that's the feeling I get. Slaking1 is different though. More of a null-leaning scum.

Let's talk about Thingyman.

Didn't saw Platypudding talking here yet,maybe he's hiding something from us?

Also coco plz
His call out on Platy.

You love mafia, but still haven't posted since the game started?

##Vote: Platypudding

Thingy picking out a post to call Platy scum for. The legitimate observation is that he wasn't able to due to IRL, yet he picked this post that states he loves mafia, therefore not posting = he isn't town. This wasn't really reading Platypus at all but more trying to set him up with semi-serious reasoning.

##Vote: Boolerex

That should answer what my feelings are towards Boolerex.
<snip>
This was after I asked Thingy his thoughts on Boo, who he had not actually commented on. A simple no reason vote. To me this seems like an attempt to make up for not assessing Boolerex before I did. It shows Thingy wasn't really being proactive, but reactive.

---

He voted Platypuss (my slot) after Boolerex called him out. He went back to find a quote to vote Platy for, which wasn't a really good reason, and seemed semi-serious. If he suspects Boo, why vote someone Boo called out? Next, I put out suspicion on Boo, and he sees it as a good read and marks me as townie for it. He has been tunneling on Boo for a bit when it doesn't seem that likely that Boo may be scum. I also dislike his town read on Rom, when Rom is not doing a thing D1 nor D2. I have also been re-reading Rom, and noticed he rvs voted Coco, while Reed's vote was on Coco. His attitude was "Not sure if it's a good thing though xP", a bit jokey. Too jokey for me. I would not consider Rom town simply for his weird comments, because he isn't doing anything. Also notice that when Aykorn pushed for him, he didn't say anything about her, he just said "Oh what I said wasn't contradictory". Shows he doesn't care to find scum, and he's comfortable in the position he is at.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Therefore, I read both Thingyman and Rom as mafia. Again, consider Thingyman:

1. Voted Platy after someone else called him out, while Thingy was non-present in RVS
2. Voted Boo, who called Platy out first. Tunnels him when it isn't likely Boo is scum.
3. Has taken a while to explain his Boo vote, with deadline being around the corner. Him being away for so long helped us no lynch, rather than being there much earlier. I saw no urgency to explain, which isn't pro-town to me.

On Rom:

1. He isn't scumhunting
2. He isn't scumhunting d2
3. He doesn't comment on his attacker

##Vote: Thingyman
Fos: Rom-stein

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Re-considering my read on Aykorn. I still liked her effort, and would like for her to post more, as my problem with her was her silence and her weak reasoning. Still, this does not mean she is scum for it. Re-considering other players, I don't think she may be likely scum anymore.

Thingyman

Inkling
I'm reconsidering some angles here. For one thing, for newbies, mafia can be an exciting role to have. Unless they are like me, and prefer the good guy. (Yet, being scum in that situation is STILL exciting, as it was for my first time) Lonelysquid seems confused about the game, and is obviously not engaged or seemingly interested. Usually the newbies who are town are 'alone' and don't have guidance, so they are confused and they fall off. This is the vibe I get from Lonelysquid here. Not a clear but that's the feeling I get. Slaking1 is different though. More of a null-leaning scum.

Let's talk about Thingyman.

His call out on Platy.

Thingy picking out a post to call Platy scum for. The legitimate observation is that he wasn't able to due to IRL, yet he picked this post that states he loves mafia, therefore not posting = he isn't town. This wasn't really reading Platypus at all but more trying to set him up with semi-serious reasoning.

This was after I asked Thingy his thoughts on Boo, who he had not actually commented on. A simple no reason vote. To me this seems like an attempt to make up for not assessing Boolerex before I did. It shows Thingy wasn't really being proactive, but reactive.

---

He voted Platypuss (my slot) after Boolerex called him out. He went back to find a quote to vote Platy for, which wasn't a really good reason, and seemed semi-serious. If he suspects Boo, why vote someone Boo called out? Next, I put out suspicion on Boo, and he sees it as a good read and marks me as townie for it. He has been tunneling on Boo for a bit when it doesn't seem that likely that Boo may be scum. I also dislike his town read on Rom, when Rom is not doing a thing D1 nor D2. I have also been re-reading Rom, and noticed he rvs voted Coco, while Reed's vote was on Coco. His attitude was "Not sure if it's a good thing though xP", a bit jokey. Too jokey for me. I would not consider Rom town simply for his weird comments, because he isn't doing anything. Also notice that when Aykorn pushed for him, he didn't say anything about her, he just said "Oh what I said wasn't contradictory". Shows he doesn't care to find scum, and he's comfortable in the position he is at.
You are reading it all wrong.

1) My vote on Platy wasn't semi-serious. It was phrased as such to get a reaction from him. I'll quote something for you in a bit to show you how I act usually.

2) I just threw a quick vote on Platy without having read much of the thread. Thus, at the time I didn't have any read on Boo, so the the fact that Boo voted for him would at the time not have been anything discouraging.

3) I didn't see your read on Boo as a good one and mark you as townie for it. When you asked, I didn't know about Boo. I reread him this game and last game, inspired by you asking about my experience with him from last game, and I reached the conclusion that he was fishy. I then voted him, but decided to do it without explanation because what the hell, maybe that's another good way to get a reaction from him. I've played 100+ games, do you think that I am incapable of making up reasoning if I needed to as a mafia? Which is more likely to you -- that I felt like I couldn't say anything as mafia, or that I was doing it purposely as town? If anything, you should take a look at my last game -- pretty sure you'll find that I over-explain all of my reads in that game. Townies usually don't care so much about explaining themselves, they're just working to find scum however they deem best.

4) You dislike my town read on Rom... I thought you said you liked the read yesterday? Fwiw, I'm pretty sure you're wrong on him.

Thingyman

Inkling
Sigh, I knew it was a bad idea to try out anything even minorly fancy in a group of people that's not used to you. Again, I ask you to look at it, thinking "well, is that really something MAFIA do?".

It isn't. Now, it's hard to just dig up something, but let me try to quote a few things to show what I usually do as townie.

This is a game where I hardcore push a guy named lenC. Some posts:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...game-thread-1489540/index37.html#post45284182
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...game-thread-1489540/index38.html#post45284503
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...game-thread-1489540/index39.html#post45285028

As you can see, I'm really hounding him. But it was all to get a reaction from him, I didn't actually even lean slightly scum on him, I just wanted to reaffirm my town read:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=45289131&postcount=4415

Let me try to give another example:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=45466000&postcount=26
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=45466029&postcount=30

That's me voting someone and not explaining why.

This is me even making up a claim to get reactions:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...-10th-2014-a-1488022/index9.html#post45190928
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...10th-2014-a-1488022/index10.html#post45191189

And here's another thing I like to do:
http://www.pokernet.dk/forum/ww-pis-dag-1.html

This is in Danish, but use Google Translate and look at posts #12, #14, #25 and #29. Cliffs: I end up calling him 90% certain wolf and tell people to cut his throat etc. Then in post #48 I have him on my town list. This should hopefully show that I wasn't really being serious with my first posts, but that I was just trying to get a reaction. Which I always do as town.

This might seem like an "overdefense", but I'm sort of posting this so that I can just be left to do my thang.

Thingyman

Inkling
I made a post just now, but it needs to be approved first.

And to address another of your posts: You said that I was tunnelling Boo, but I end up voting Aykorn. And that was without knowing that a majority was needed, so rather than going for a flip I went for your preferred target (to be clear, I was very fine with him being voted though).

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
On the surface, it's an alright read. Yet notice that he isn't doing anything. I'll comment further on your defense and consider it, but I want to know what direction you want to go in toDay before I say anything. Who if not yourself?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Hey lonelyrolling squid. You staying in or nah? Are you mafia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom