Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
On over saturation: I think more discussion is always pro-town, but I can understand your point of view. Flooding of information can be anti-town, but I do not think it is pro-scum. This is because if there is plenty of information, the scum have to continue to talk and the more chances to talk, the more chances to slip up. Scum have to keep up appearances, and that is not easy. Usually, this is null because both alignments post just as much as each other (and mafia would try to keep up if they want to keep appearances up) Each town there is always a different thing the town will try to do and the scum must adapt. Also, the posts I have given is not considered 'flooding' in comparison to serious games I have had. I will show you two examples from a recent game I was town in:
This is the information I would provide if I were scum and wanted people to believe that this tactic was not me being scummy. Still, the logic is reasonable and I can't totally deny it and still want to say you're town. But I'm keeping this note in mind for later.

Reed, I want you to look at his defense closely to see if it makes any sense and report back to me your thoughts.
On it like a bonnet!

This is ridicolous... But I guess ridicolous in a townie way? Reed - yes, I know, I was scum... But why is this suspicious in any case? What I'm saying is that I killed him because I could sense that he was objectively being obvious townie - everyone in the game considered him townie in a matter of hours. I didn't need to be townie to know this and to know that that's not the case here.
So you're saying from our previous scum position that Bool was an obvious town from the way he was acting the moment he joined the game. That much is fair, but I feel like that was simply because when he jumped into the game, he had plenty to work with from the get-go, plenty to read and judge.

Here he started with a blank slate and we got to observe his early game play (which I will agree is weak) but not scummy. Though I'll take some time tonight and reread his posts to see if I can see things your way--I mean, I didn't before, but new eyes, new thoughts, you know?

Boo was very logical, confident and his reads were easy to follow. Whenever I'm reading Boo's posts in this game, they seem sort of all over the place and messy. It seems like he's scum having a hard time wording his posts. I might be wrong, but I have to go with my best read, so c'est la vie.
Your last part is starting to have me notice a pattern. "I'm a wild card like that," and "c'est la vie." You seem almost flippant with this game. Which I guess can be chalked up to busyness, but I can't... you're off this game. :l My vote holds.

@Drez would it necessarily clear Bool if Thingy turns out to be scum? What are your thoughts on the possible tactic?

I have yet to comment on you because I didn't want to. Does it answer your question ?
Aha, that' a joke. Actually, you're the one I can't really think of something. Can't say yet if you might be a townie or a mafia guy, furthermore no one has shown any intention to vote you or doubt you, which I find weird. I'm staying carefully far from you, got a bad feeling.
I have a bit of a bad feeling myself, but logic states that Drez is... well he's making the most sense of everyone else. Do you have any thoughts specifically on how he's been playing? Do you think that he's playing a heavy pro-town role to get us to consider him town? Thoughts on Thingy bussing you?

One way or another, I agree with one thing from Drez for certain: we need more conclusive thoughts from you.

Finally,

also, if you look on basically every place that i use a time stamp, including the deadline, it has the letters "EST" at the end. that isnt the suffix "-est," as in like "the most 11:59 PM on August 26th," that's a symbol that i live in Eastern Standard
I don't see the timestamp anywhere, actually. :l

Also, when will we replace Slaking and Lonely? I think they're not playing for sure at this point.

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Lonely is still playing I believe (hence him posting once in a while). Slaking ? Er...maybe lynching him would spare us the thought about replacing him ? xD

More seriously, Drez' is hard to read (read his mind, I have no problem reading his post xD). But currently, I feel more like he's a townie with a good experience, but you never know.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Lonely is still playing I believe (hence him posting once in a while). Slaking ? Er...maybe lynching him would spare us the thought about replacing him ? xD
They're both inactive in my book; Lonely didn't posted for a long time too.

Thingyman

Inkling
Your last part is starting to have me notice a pattern. "I'm a wild card like that," and "c'est la vie." You seem almost flippant with this game. Which I guess can be chalked up to busyness, but I can't... you're off this game. :l My vote holds.
Let me ask you this: Was I flippant last game? I think the answer to that question should guide your opinion on me :P

Thingyman

Inkling
@Thingyman Things like saying "don't vote me" just make me more suspicious.
Gah, and I knew it would, but really though... I am asking you to consider this from a perspective of: You saw how I played as scum in our first game together. Does this look like the same game that I'm playing here? If not, then that should at least give you reason for pause and make you at least CONSIDER if another route isn't better.

And like, I still just think you should lynch Boo and then I'm probably clear from that and there's no need to tinfoil about my role anymore.

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Well, except if you are stupid, you would absolutely NOT play the same way you did were you were scum in the last game, obviously.
So, your argument is invalid.:cool:

Guys remember deadline is tomorrow, we'd better vote someone or else it's freewin for mafia guys : /

##Vote : Boolerex

(because the majority is)

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
1) My vote on Platy wasn't semi-serious. It was phrased as such to get a reaction from him. I'll quote something for you in a bit to show you how I act usually.
See, I just think you were too late on that. You weren't proactive enough and you let the RVS/Early game drop off, as you did in the other game.

2) I just threw a quick vote on Platy without having read much of the thread. Thus, at the time I didn't have any read on Boo, so the the fact that Boo voted for him would at the time not have been anything discouraging.
Why wouldn't you have read the thread? It seems like you went to search his post for suspicious things to paint him as scum for.

3) I didn't see your read on Boo as a good one and mark you as townie for it. When you asked, I didn't know about Boo. I reread him this game and last game, inspired by you asking about my experience with him from last game, and I reached the conclusion that he was fishy. I then voted him, but decided to do it without explanation because what the hell, maybe that's another good way to get a reaction from him. I've played 100+ games, do you think that I am incapable of making up reasoning if I needed to as a mafia? Which is more likely to you -- that I felt like I couldn't say anything as mafia, or that I was doing it purposely as town? If anything, you should take a look at my last game -- pretty sure you'll find that I over-explain all of my reads in that game. Townies usually don't care so much about explaining themselves, they're just working to find scum however they deem best.
Then why didn't you comment on Boolerex before I talked about him? That's my only concern about that. You still took too long to explain yourself. It seemed like you didn't care to do so, since we got a deadline extension and you prod dodged or something (iicr). Underlined I do not believe. I do not think it was that you were being unable to make up reasons as mafia, but being lazy as mafia. I hosted that game, so I know what strategy you used, and so did Reed. I would not expect you to use the same strategy, I would expect you to play differently.

4) You dislike my town read on Rom... I thought you said you liked the read yesterday? Fwiw, I'm pretty sure you're wrong on him.
Yes, on the surface level it seemed alright but if you don't see why I dislike him now then you aren't trying hard enough to find scum.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Guys remember deadline is tomorrow, we'd better vote someone or else it's freewin for mafia guys : /

#Vote : Boolerex

Uhm, if I recall/look at the past posts correctly, the person with the most heat on them right now is Thingyman with 2 votes. Boolerex also has 2 votes since you just voted them.

...I'm honestly not sure where my vote would be most useful. >.< Thingyman has a couple prominent players with suspicion against him and seems like the easiest to agree on if we're really trying to make a lynch count. But he is attempting to defend himself, and that additional discussion is more comforting than Boolerex's silence. But then again, Boolerex hasn't needed to say anything; Reed and Drez have been carrying the suspicion against Thingy.

I'm ultimately leaning towards voting Thingyman, but I want to see what the consensus is.

@Rom-Steïn If the majority changes, would you vote Thingyman or keep the heat on Boolerex?

(Also @xCoCo You doing alright now? Or still V/LA?)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Well, except if you are stupid, you would absolutely NOT play the same way you did were you were scum in the last game, obviously.
So, your argument is invalid.
Not neccessarily invalid, but you make a good point... if this style of play weren't so....

Look, not everyone tries to play in a way that makes you look сocky and unpredictable. As far as I can tell, Thingy's playstyle involved throwing around information and including information about his thoughts on both the town and the scum side. Here he's just presenting half-baked defenses for himself.

Now, I generally attribute that to him being busy... but if anything it's not because this is how he wants to play.

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Yep, but I have a good reason not to vote Thingyman too, mainly because I can't figure him out yet.

Boolerex is in my opinion more likely to be a scum rather than thingy, and he also had a vote and someone else talked about voting him to (which leads to a tie between thingy and boolerex, and so in me voting boolerex).

I also did it in a hurry because I'm going to be absent tomorrow (irl) so I would miss the deadline. é_è

Again, remember to vote.
And btw, I keep predicting my own death at Night.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
##Vote : Boolerex

Pretty sure there was at least 3 vote for thingyman (Drez ; ReedRGale and me) while the only one that voted me was...In fact thingyman, So that seem like a very dodgy raison to vote for me.

Boolerex hasn't needed to say anything; Reed and Drez have been carrying the suspicion against Thingy.
Exactly,so far Thingyman still seem to be the most suspicious for me,with the inactive being next in the list but...Rom-Steïn seem to be kinda protective toward Thingman now without throwing much raison why...In fact they seem to both protect themselve by calling each another townie,while everyone else are either calling neutral or scum in them. In top of the illogical raison he gave earlier. Look like two scum protecting each another... Oh and also:

Boolerex is in my opinion more likely to be a scum rather than thingy, and he also had a vote and someone else talked about voting him to (which leads to a tie between thingy and boolerex, and so in me voting boolerex).
Who talked about voting me? I searched a bit and the few last page and didn't found anything,beside,why you just say "someone" instead of outright saving who talked about voting me? I don't see much raison to hide that

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Those are good points, Boolerex and I thought the same thing. Rom's interaction thingy is odd, and so is his selective reasons for choosing Boolerex over Thingy, when his reasoning makes no sense.

@xCoCo: It's been 2-3 days. It's time for you to deliver your thoughts. You haven't given thoughts since the previous day phase.

---

I'm going to the gym and then class. Won't be back until later tonight.

Thingyman

Inkling
See, I just think you were too late on that. You weren't proactive enough and you let the RVS/Early game drop off, as you did in the other game.

Why wouldn't you have read the thread? It seems like you went to search his post for suspicious things to paint him as scum for.

Then why didn't you comment on Boolerex before I talked about him? That's my only concern about that. You still took too long to explain yourself. It seemed like you didn't care to do so, since we got a deadline extension and you prod dodged or something (iicr). Underlined I do not believe. I do not think it was that you were being unable to make up reasons as mafia, but being lazy as mafia. I hosted that game, so I know what strategy you used, and so did Reed. I would not expect you to use the same strategy, I would expect you to play differently.

Yes, on the surface level it seemed alright but if you don't see why I dislike him now then you aren't trying hard enough to find scum.
I think you have super, super, super, super big blinders on, mate.

You are literally taking anything I'm saying or anything I've done and trying to paint it in a scummy light, without considering that it could just simply be... The truth.

I'm getting slightly upset reading your post even.

I'll be a team player and answer your questions/concerns though, and you can do with it what you want:

I didn't read the thread because I didn't have time. At the time, I was hosting 2 games, playing in another game, working two jobs and having another personal issue. With all that going on, no, I did not bother to read the thread and I also immediately regretted signing up, but I did so because I wanted to help fill up the game and support the fact that you're trying to get a mafia community up and running 'round these parts. I would've subbed out, but I feel like that was a ****ty thing to do to AA.

So, no, I didn't go looking for suspicious things to paint him as scum for. I just merely wanted to place a vote on someone. This is something I do in all games (also scum games). It just literally doesn't get more role neutral. I refuse to believe that someone as experienced as you can look at that still on Day 2 and think it's in any way a meaningful way to discern my role.

And I didn't comment on Boo before you talked about him because I hadn't closely read the thread and had no thoughts on him. Nothing more to say regarding this.

I am lazy as town, not as mafia. As mafia, I feel a responsbility. I've played many mafia games, I'm not a complete idiot, I know how to avoid attention. That's literally all you have to do as mafia - just don't attract attention. The number one way to attract attention? To explicitly say that you're not gonna explain whatever you're doing. It's something I do AS TOWN, and I even posted a bunch of links to prove this. You not acknowledging this in any way, shape or form is, if not fishy, then just amazingly bad.

"but if you don't see why I dislike him now then you aren't trying hard enough to find scum"

Alright, then. We'll see who's right post-game.

Thingyman

Inkling
I'm getting upset and I know there's at least one townie voting me and that person should just feel bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom