-Missing- [OOC Thread] [Approaching Day Three]

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
:D Yay! New player! Your character sounds super cool! AAah smart characters who like technology eeeeeee, I look forward to you joining us, too!
I can totally sketch up your character too, if you'd like!

quick question: how do you feel about permadeath?
Huh, well, it seems like we aren't trying to kill each other atm? So it wouldn't serve us very well.

I think if we need to.... hurt or stall another player, Splatoon does a pretty good job side-stepping death as it is. Actually, Inklings seem pretty resilient. If permadeath is a thing, it'd have to be pretty creative or obscure, I'm guessing? As long as killing another player is difficult, I'm game.

(I just don't want it to be super easy to die! My character is a squishy sniper ;_; )

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Huh, well, it seems like we aren't trying to kill each other atm? So it wouldn't serve us very well.

I think if we need to.... hurt or stall another player, Splatoon does a pretty good job side-stepping death as it is. Actually, Inklings seem pretty resilient. If permadeath is a thing, it'd have to be pretty creative or obscure, I'm guessing? As long as killing another player is difficult, I'm game.

(I just don't want it to be super easy to die! My character is a squishy sniper ;_; )
seconded, stalling and hurting is fine but permadeath just removes you from the game and wow that'd suck

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Uhhh, I'm a little unclear on what you mean?

Edit: So, maybe you can reference what I've already drawn using 1, 2, 3 from left to right. Or say the left, middle, right one.

So, one tentacle covering his eye is a given, then....
no curls looping in front like center/2?

...uhm are you asking for basically left/1 with minor adjustments?
Hard to explain but when you open up the spoiler for Rhin, the first one at the top.

Edit: I didn't realize it until now but Mods sorry that I double posted pls let this one pass

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Hard to explain but when you open up the spoiler for Rhin, the first one at the top.
Uh so just the first one? the shaded one? Like no adjustments or anything?
....Alrighty.

Man, sorry, the weird wording just confused me.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Hmmm got it. I'll be pretty safe about Plot Armor and permadeath will be really hard to attain. It would have been in the first place, but the way the mythos is going to work out, your deaths will be pretty hard to make a thing anyway. Well then! Just wanted to know. :)

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
*quietly slips a character into the thread*
Full Name
Magabelle Gwendolyn Yyouni (pronouced why-you-knee)

Primary Turf Weapon
Carbon Roller, though is also good with shooter-type weapons

Dream Job
She wants to become an ink-battling champion!
Current Job: Young, female face of CHR-BRU

Appearance
She wears a Bobble Hat with the Zekko hoodie and some Cream Hi-Tops. She usually sticks to the red-orange ink color, her skin is fair, and her eyes are a brilliant green.

Personality
She is a stubborn individual that is very sensitive, able to be brought to tears if someone speaks ill of her or her friends, and tends to get into arguments if that happens, giving others the first impression of over-reactive. On the battlefield, she sticks to the strategy “hide and go ink” and uses her Ninja Squid to sneak up on unsuspecting opponents and splat ‘em—but if she gets too deep into battling, she falls into working on pure instinct, which can be good or bad depending on the situation. Compassionate to her friends and children/younger people she doesn’t know, especially new ink battlers; she also becomes stressed and panicked if she feels she has put someone in danger. She can sometimes be extremely focused on a short term goal, which can be for the better or worse.
Positive: compassionate to her friends and kids, focused
Negative: stubborn, sensitive, focused, sometimes gets too deep into battle

Hobbies
Turf Wars, reading, listening to audio books or podcasts and sleeping. Drawing, too, if she ever picked that up again.
I feel like she's a bit bare right now but I dunno... this'll be a good chance for more development.
EDIT: I was right. So... edited bio, I guess! And post. :D

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Hmm... Are you still accepting entrants?
Another question that is included with this one, would you be alright introducing a new playa?
@ReedRGale

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Rustic I have a few questions in response.

Is this new player you? Can you produce a character for this before Sunday? Do you have a Skype?

Also, a note to everyone who doesn't know, @lonelyrollingsquid has stepped down for personal reasons. This is the reason why I am accepting, so good timing.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Is this new player you? Can you produce a character for this before Sunday? Do you have a Skype?
Yes its me. I have a Skype, as well. Although, I don't use it as frequently as you would probably prefer.

The Character is done here, found below.
Full Name: Canchi Chiro (Obviously...)
Race/Gender/Color: Male Royal Purple Inkling
Preferred weapon(s) of choice: Splattershot Variants

Dream Job: A Turf War instructor!
Appearance: Fake Contacts, giving his eyes the same look that the Squid Sisters have. He wears a light purple ski jacket, kept open showing his favorite shirt, a White Anchor tee. He top- er... finishes it off with black slacks with the traditional Ink color stripe on the sides, with a matching recolor of the Armour Shoes.
Background: A typical Inkling boy who lives in the suburbs of Inkopolis. Residing with his parents as an only child, working in his school with all the diligence that a slightly lazy teenager has. Eventually when Canchi came of age, he began to dabble within Turf Wars, finding that he enjoyed it a lot, but didn't like the amount of 'Noobs' within. His temper getting the best of him when he had a full team of them. At some point, Canchi applied for a job at the Battle Dojo, where people could practice and attempt to train their skills. Getting the job of... janitor. Wonderful.
Obviously, he wasn't pleased with it. But he had to make do with it. Everyone starts somewhere, right?

Hobbies: Aside from painting miniatures. He usually trains with the various Splattershots, testing out weapons from Sheldon.
Personality: Canchi is a normally outgoing person, usually making friends with almost everyone. He's a bold guy, going on and making decisions that would normally not be made. He's wary of strangers, after a certain event from his time as a 'scrub' when he started Turf Wars. He views them suspiciously. But now on the field, he's a force to be reckoned with. His aggressive nature is usually an advantage against foes, but isn't that way all the time.

Mhm...

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Hello everyone!

So, for a while, this RP has been working with 5 people, which is a little under the cap I envisioned for the RP. This is leaving one person to travel without a group dynamic. While this isn't a terrible thing, it's also not the best, so I'm looking to gather one last person for Missing.

There are, however, a few more requirements:

1. You MUST have Skype. It's basically our main method of communication and, while not the best chat client out there, it's the one we use.

2. I'd like you to have a developed character. I'm not talking about fifty-seven pages of backstory, but I would like to see some thought put into them.

3. Be able to post once a week.

Somewhat reasonable requirements, I think. I'll be accepting applications on the OOC thread and then, at the end of the month (or whenever I get 4 - 6 applications) I'll RP with a few of you 1 on 1 and see how I feel.

Hope to see some new blood in here! >:0

Hesoca

Full Squid
Not sure if I qualify as new blood, but I'd love to jump into this (and I have a Skype, to boot)! Just need to catch up with the RP first, because whoo boy that's a lot of posts.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Huh. I was kinda hoping that I'd join this earlier, but I was distracted by other things. Anyway here's my Inkling OC.
Full Name: Evan Lockhart
Primary Turf Weapon: N-Zap '89, Octobrush Nouveau, Rapid Blaster Deco.
Dream Job: Composer/Musician
Appearance: His ink color is teal, and he wears Noise Cancelers based in his color everywhere. His traditional shirt attire consists of a Olive Ski Jacket that has a funnel big enough for him to cover his mouth. As for his shoes, he wears the Punk Whites. He also has very slender muscles and Inkling hair that is long enough to cover his eyes, (a character tic that will be explained in the "personality" description.)
Personality: In General: Evan is a kuudere, so he's generally blunt and has brutal honesty, along with acting like he's emotionless, key word being "acting". A character tic he does is cover his eyes and mouth with his hair and funnel like http://images.khinsider.com/The World Ends With You/Artwork/Mugshots/Neku10.png
Positives: He can a general nice guy when he needs to be, especially to those that know him really well. Doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. If something is bothering someone, he'll usually be the first person to ask what's wrong.
Negatives: Has a bad reputation due his status of being a person who recently got out of Juvenile Hall and for having a "threatening" look. He's a combat pragmatist, so he'll do some really dirty tricks in order to win a fight, unless its Turf Wars and Ranked Battles, which makes people question him morally. His emotionless facade often causes a bad first impression to others.

Hobbies: Generally listens and composes music of his own, as music is one of the few things that can actually bring a smile on his face. Other than that, he usually goes to gym keep his body in shape.
Backstory: Originally Evan was a regular old Inkling, but he was bullied at school for being weaker than others. Angry and resenting his tormenters, he decided to get stronger to teach them a lesson and when he did, he went too far. Almost killing his tormentors landed him in Juvenile Hall, where he had to fight and fend for himself with other inmates. After spending some time in Juvenile Hall and taking some therapy lessons, he blames his quick anger as the reason why he almost killed his childhood bullies, and thus put on a emotionless facade which sometimes falls from time to time.
Whew... finally got this thing done. I also have a Skype by the name "Mac Smitty". I haven't used it in a while though.
So if I get in this RP, can I be caught up to whats currently going on?

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Not sure if I qualify as new blood, but I'd love to jump into this (and I have a Skype, to boot)! Just need to catch up with the RP first, because whoo boy that's a lot of posts.
So if I get in this RP, can I be caught up to whats currently going on?
I think I could more or less re-cap what's happened, but it'd also be nice if the person who got accepted read through the missing posts too?? >u>;;

Writing responses for Missing is pretty fun, so I'd hope that they'd be fun to read, but it's totally possible to catch someone up at this point. (PM me if you want some context now for creating/choosing your character.) I have definitely re-caped all of Wade's plotline before, and some of our players re-read the thread a lot so they can tell you what's up with their characters, too.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Fast responses. :0

Anyway...

Man we've written a lot. As Ammy said, we can recap, if you'd like and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't read the entirety. However, it would be nice if whoever joined knew what was going on right now.

@MacSmitty omg i love twewy yusssss

That said, I like the character idea. Still, wanna see who else bites before I start going and RPing with anybody here. :0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom