-Missing- [OOC Thread] [Approaching Day Three]

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@5magmacubes You haven't moved to the location yet, and thus cannot take the action that you have. I request that you delete the post. Otherwise it will simply be ignored. I appreciate the zeal, though. :P

This is so that I can keep people in check in case they want to do things they can't. You can't bend time, you can't be someplace you aren't, you can't be stronger than you are. All those things, physical limitations, are handled by me in my GM posts.

Certain actions will not take time, like Examine, Use, Attack, or Conceal, but even then, you should refer to me to see if it works and how well.

The flow is essentially, Everyone ==> Me ==> Everyone ==> Me and so on.

I've played enough RPs to know that without management, things can get out of hand quickly. People can be places they shouldn't be, discover things that aren't there, have things they don't have, be stronger than they should physically be, be smarter than they are, know things that they don't... etc. My job is to limit that as much as I can.

In this case, you are someplace you should not be at a time you are not there. I cannot let that happen and so I must request you delete the post. Otherwise, as said, I will simply ignore it.

To everyone else! The posts are all in. Tonight, I will work on the GM post.

Last edited:

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
AHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH REED.
Will get a post in tomorrow hehe.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Full Name: Rhin Ardongale (pronounced "Rin")

Age: 14 (not my age in real life, but I can imagine Rhin 14)

Primary Turf Weapon: The N ZAP '89 and Octobrush

Dream job: doesn't really have a job, but wants to be known and the most popular dude in the whole world

Appearance: Rhin has wavy, Octoling-like hair, and part of his tentacles are covering his right eye (which is why people accuse him of being an Octoling) he wears Designer Headphones on his neck, a white anchor tee and blue moto boots (occasionally Pro trail boots)

Personality: Positive: Rhin is that one, always up-beat character in the crowd. He loves playing turf wars and he is a very popular inkling in Inkopolis because of his turf war skills and his hair. He is always the smart and intelligent one. He plays tactically and all according to plan (which puts him in a position for winning almost every game in turf war) outside of battle, Rhin usually stays in the plaza either going shopping or trying to make new friends. In his house, he usually surfs the Internet in search for the squid sisters, he has a heavy crush on Marie and he wants to find her.

Negative: Rhin's main weakness is feeling weak. When put into a position to lose or fail, he eventually rages and gives up becuase he feels like it's impossible if he can't do it, than he thinks nobody can, putting him in an easy position to take out in turf war, and outside of ink battles. Rhin's small weaknesses is when one of his plan fails. When his plan backfires or fails, he usually doesn't have a backup plan so when his plan fails, he gets a mixed emotion of confused, overwhelm and surprise and gets under pressure when he needs to think of a plan right off the top of his head.

Hobbies: Dancing, playing any kind of ink battle, and staying fresh!

Hope I'm not too late :)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
=u= Heh, sometimes I'm worried I write too much. I just hope it's interesting to other people.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Nope, though you are the last! Accepted. With that, the roster is filled--Ashlee is going through hard times right now so I'm cutting her slack. I'll be ready to give you a nice, good intro post. :)

Adding the action Sleep. This will leave you in stasis until everyone else has gone to sleep unless I believe a time-skip can be permitted. But, you know, sometimes, there's nothing to really do. Anyway, I will PM you when it is time for you to post again after sleep.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"hello please be forgiving the me for wallet inconvenience. dont give turn in really need this pleaseeeee" is a true gem of this RP, I hope you know @ReedRGale

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
How far is Lili from the inklings and the cut power line? Is she allowed to go there? Just asking because I'm just trying to under stand the go to/examine etc stuff

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
If you would like to go outside and help the Inklings, just write "Go To: Inklings." They aren't very far outside. Then you'll wait until the due date, or when everyone has posted something and I'll write a post about how you go there. Other commands, like "Examine" won't require waiting, I'll get back to you as soon as I see the post.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
If you would like to go outside and help the Inklings, just write "Go To: Inklings." They aren't very far outside. Then you'll wait until the due date, or when everyone has posted something and I'll write a post about how you go there. Other commands, like "Examine" won't require waiting, I'll get back to you as soon as I see the post.
Right ^-^ Thank you so much! Just wanted to clear that up before working on a post c:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Just poking @xCoCo and @5magmacubes for posts. Especially 5magmacubes for two reasons: if you choose to talk to the inkling, we need to set a day to do the conversation between you and the inkling. If you are late again, that is two warnings. One more after that and you are out of the game.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Business as usual, except @5magmacubes is suspended until further notice.

Posts are Due: Saturday, 1st of August at Midnight

Anyway, as I like to promote discussion, I'd like to ask a few questions and see what everyone thinks:

How do you like each others' characters? It's easy to get lost in one's own character, but really, I love to see as everyone else progresses through the story. I mean, right now, things are rather railroaded, but soon you guys will be pretty much in control. I love to see how everyone's character will influence the choices they'll make later on. :D What about everyone else?

Thus far, have I been a good GM? I've been trying to be fair and keep everyone equally involved in the story so I'd love some feedback and critique (or ego-boosting praise everyone loves that). Complaints? Concerns?

Are you all enjoying the story? I know things haven't gone too far yet, but I want to know how things are coming along for everyone.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
In Light of Rhin's situation, I am adding a new action: Search For in which you can look for something that you are not totally sure is there or not. This will be a quick action, so Searching For something will not cost your action for the round.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Thus far, have I been a good GM? I've been trying to be fair and keep everyone equally involved in the story so I'd love some feedback and critique (or ego-boosting praise everyone loves that). Complaints? Concerns?
I think you're doing a pretty good job, making interesting prompts and keeping characters on their toes, but I bug you so often that I'm probably not the best judge.

How do you like each others' characters?
Okay first of all, Lili already sounds like the most adorable person ever and I have a soft spot for Dynamos.
Alga's last couple of actions were seeeeriously interesting, which was awesome on Banshee and GM's part. I'm suddenly really excited about Alga's plot.
I am soooo curious about Kiki. Her bio was cool so I'm really hoping to hear more about her with the whole wallet mess.
And with the zeal Topazrekerboy had about posting, I'm already looking forward to Rhin since it looks like we both know Jax Mr. Edgy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom