One man's trash, is another man's treasure!

Njok

Bouncer
Okay, so just to clear things up, when you order gear from Spyke, it'll come with the same number of slots as it would have if you bought it from the regular store. You'll have to level up the sub slots yourself, and add slots if need be. 3 of the same sub bonus is roughly equal to 1 main bonus. Re-rolling the abilities of your gear had a very high chance of giving you the same three sub abilities, as each brand has a probability to roll one stat five times more than any other stat.

When you're seeking out gear for a certain build, the two most important things to consider are the main ability and the brand.

Not the number of slots.

The number of slots are irrelevant, because you can add slots.

There may be two hats with Ink Recovery Up, one with 3 slots, and one with 1 slot. The brand of the 3-slot hat has a brand that gives you a high probability of rolling Special Saver (in this case, an unfavorable stat) and the 1-slot hat has a brand that gives you a high probability of rolling Special Charge Up. (in this case, a favorable stat)

In the end, it's better to get the 1-slot hat and upgrade. The number of slots on an item shouldn't be a deciding factor in what gear you wear.

But, y'know, in the end, wear whatever you want.

Hope this was helpful and didn't come off as rude. Just wanna see fresh players get fresher.
Thanks, but this is well known information. In fact, it's pretty much already completely covered in the OP.

However, when ordering from Spyke it is NOT guaranteed that he will come up with the exact same piece of clothing. He will often find the gear without the subs, which is pretty useless because you'll have to pay 10k for it and then possibly (hell, let's just say likely) reroll it anyway.

My point was that for me, he has been coming up empty alot lately.

Edit: reading your post again i am actually not even sure what you are trying to explain. I don't mean to be rude, i actually just don't really get it.

When i said 3 subs, i meant 3 subs with the same ability, as that is what most people (including me) are looking for.

Last edited:

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Thanks, but this is well known information. In fact, it's pretty much already completely covered in the OP.

However, when ordering from Spyke it is NOT guaranteed that he will come up with the exact same piece of clothing. He will often find the gear without the subs, which is pretty useless because you'll have to pay 10k for it and then possibly (hell, let's just say likely) reroll it anyway.

My point was that for me, he has been coming up empty alot lately.

Edit: reading your post again i am actually not even sure what you are trying to explain. I don't mean to be rude, i actually just don't really get it.

When i said 3 subs, i meant 3 subs with the same ability, as that is what most people (including me) are looking for.
Yeah, so the easiest way to get the same three subs is to reroll. It's kind of a neccessary evil. You'll almost never get the same subs from Spyke as the piece you ordered. Trying to do so is sort of a lost cause.

Njok

Bouncer
Yeah, so the easiest way to get the same three subs is to reroll. It's kind of a neccessary evil. You'll almost never get the same subs from Spyke as the piece you ordered. Trying to do so is sort of a lost cause.
Yes, which i what i said lol. So again not really sure why the whole lecture. Anyway it doesn't matter, it's all good :)

But you do realize that the chance of rerolling 3 of the same subs is 0,8% right? Because you said in your other post that there is a big chance of rerolling 3 of the same subs because it is brand related (which it is, but that does not make it a big chance at all).

Ok i just realize it's more like 2,8% but that really doesn't change the point.

Last edited:

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Yes, which i what i said lol. So again not really sure why the whole lecture. Anyway it doesn't matter, it's all good :)

But you do realize that the chance of rerolling 3 of the same subs is 0,8% right? Because you said in your other post that there is a big chance of rerolling 3 of the same subs because it is brand related (which it is, but that does not make it a big chance at all).

Ok i just realize it's more like 2,8% but that really doesn't change the point.
That seems like a low number. Who calculated it?

Now, take this next bit with a grain of salt, because, contrary to my name, I'm horrible with math.

So, there are 13 stats that can appear in sub slots.

So, the probability of getting your desired stat, without any multipliers, is 1/13, or roughly 7.7%

Getting all three would be 1/39, or around 2.6%

BUT, with the brand advantage, the percentage of getting one favorable ability that coincides with the brand is 5/13, or 38.5%, boiling down to a 12.8% chance to get all 3 of the brand stat.

Was my post even worth it? Probably not.

Njok

Bouncer
That seems like a low number. Who calculated it?

Now, take this next bit with a grain of salt, because, contrary to my name, I'm horrible with math.

So, there are 13 stats that can appear in sub slots.

So, the probability of getting your desired stat, without any multipliers, is 1/13, or roughly 7.7%

Getting all three would be 1/39, or around 2.6%

BUT, with the brand advantage, the percentage of getting one favorable ability that coincides with the brand is 5/13, or 38.5%, boiling down to a 12.8% chance to get all 3 of the brand stat.

Was my post even worth it? Probably not.
It's 5/16,5

Here's why:

There are 13 subs. One of those is 5x more likely to come, 1 is 0,5x more likely. Leaving 11 subs with a chance of 1. We then add the 5 + 0,5 = 16,5

Assuming we want the ability that the gear is most likely to get:

(5/16,5)^3 = 2,78%

I calculated that. I might be wrong but i doubt it.

Also any post is worth it and i did not mean to make a fight. Like i said it's all good :)

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Managed to get my tentacles on a set of Fake contacts with x2 Special Charge up, x1 Quick Super Jump. Was lucky enough to run across someone with it in the plaza. :D

I might have to make use of this in future! It's a good idea indeed!

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings

Haven't had any luck with Spyke yet, but I'm hoping I can get my hands on those boots. @_@

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB

Haven't had any luck with Spyke yet, but I'm hoping I can get my hands on those boots. @_@
Those 1st Rockenberg shoes won't come with 3 slots because it has 2 stars (2 slots default) The best you'll get is 2 slots of the same. The 2nd par, cross your fingers for those.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Those 1st Rockenberg shoes won't come with 3 slots because it has 2 stars (2 slots default) The best you'll get is 2 slots of the same. The 2nd par, cross your fingers for those.
You can get 1 star gear with all three slots when ordered if you order it with that set up. It's happened to me multiple times (I've been really lucky with Spyke).

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
You can get 1 star gear with all three slots when ordered if you order it with that set up. It's happened to me multiple times (I've been really lucky with Spyke).
I've never seen that happen in an order, they always have the slots that the gear comes with by default, you have to add slots manually afterwards. I've seen them come with some of the subs wanted, but the slots always had to be added if it was 2 or 1 star gear. If you have seen them come with the slots added, that adds further randomness to the ordering because not only are the subs you get random but the added slots are as well.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I've never seen that happen in an order, they always have the slots that the gear comes with by default, you have to add slots manually afterwards. I've seen them come with some of the subs wanted, but the slots always had to be added if it was 2 or 1 star gear. If you have seen them come with the slots added, that adds further randomness to the ordering because not only are the subs you get random but the added slots are as well.
Admittedly it's a massive pain. The only way I know of to manipulate the chances is to order off higher levels as its more likely to come with the correct subs.

But yeah taking a green sage polo with x3 ink saver main as an example, it's entirely possible to order one that comes with cold blooded and ink saver main x3, at the cost of 100k. However it may come with one ink saver main for 2k or two ink saver mains for 20k. It may also come with two slots as ink saver main and one slot requiring level up though I forgot how much this costs.

JarBear

Inkster Jr.
I tried using the saving exploit this morning for re-rolling abilities for about 20 minutes ... but I couldn't get any of the subs with matching 3 abilities. However, I can see if you spend some time on it, eventually you could do it ... but that would require patience!

For those who are unaware of this exploit, this is where it came from:
And no, I do not use this to exploit ranking, just re rolls!

Njok

Bouncer
I tried it once but my wii u gave an error notification for my usb. That scared me so much that i won't do it again :D

JarBear

Inkster Jr.
I would be nervous too if that accord. I think I will keep trying it out though when I have spare time, especially for items that don't have 3 slots by default and try to get a good roll.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Anybody have a sage polo? NNID is link12014.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Finally a great reroll! Couldn't wait for the splatfest to end so i just paid my hard earned 30k but it's worth it :D
Could I add you and attempt to order that in the future, Njok? I spent over half my rerolls last splatfest on that, all of which failed miserably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom