• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Slosher Deco: Analysis and Thoughts

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Here is the first custom variant of a Slosher to come out, the Slosher Deco! The main weapon looks and fuctions just like the normal Slosher, albeit decorated with those snazzy yellow arrows found on the other Deco variants of the Rapid Blaster and Carbon Roller. However, this time the sub and special hold a more defensive stance with the Splash Walls and the Kraken, making this ultimately a weapon for defending the team's territory and claims while still having a powerful main option.

Shop Description: The Slosher Deco is a Slosher decorated eith a special sticker designed by the manufacturer! Throw up the Splash Wall to buy time while you ink your way to unleashing the Kraken. This set is great for those who aren't afraid to try something a little different!

Shop Cost: 8,300

Sub Weapon: Splash Walls

Special Weapon: Kraken

So, that said, please leave your thoughts on the Slosher Deco.

Kaze

Pro Squid
well... if I don't get squished by a splash wall or kraken in Tower Control, then the Slosher will make sure I get splatted safely from the other side of a object / wall :p

anyways I would love to try it out, but too tired to play at the moment.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
I've been waiting for this thing since 2.0 got datamined like 3 days after its release. And it's living up to the hype! I love Sloshers in general, and the Slosher Deco's kit is amazing too! I've already got a fun little story with this thing, lol. So I was playing on Arowana and this .96 Deco places down a Splash Wall near the middle. I'm just like "that won't save you" and slosh over the wall to splat him. Some people just don't realize the power of Sloshers.

Also, I've noticed something kind of interesting. The perfect counter to the Slosher Deco is the Slosher Deco. Sloshers suck at pushing back Krakens, so Kraken beats Slosher. Splash Walls block Krakens temporarily, so Splash Walls beat Kraken. Slosher can kill people behind Splash Walls, like in the Arowana game I mentioned, so the Slosher itself beats the Splash Wall. I'm officially calling this the Slosher Deco Weapon Triangle :p

So needless to say, I'm having tons of fun with this weapon, and I've already had it replace the vanilla Slosher in my signature :D

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I've been waiting for this thing since 2.0 got datamined like 3 days after its release. And it's living up to the hype! I love Sloshers in general, and the Slosher Deco's kit is amazing too! I've already got a fun little story with this thing, lol. So I was playing on Arowana and this .96 Deco places down a Splash Wall near the middle. I'm just like "that won't save you" and slosh over the wall to splat him. Some people just don't realize the power of Sloshers.

Also, I've noticed something kind of interesting. The perfect counter to the Slosher Deco is the Slosher Deco. Sloshers suck at pushing back Krakens, so Kraken beats Slosher. Splash Walls block Krakens temporarily, so Splash Walls beat Kraken. Slosher can kill people behind Splash Walls, like in the Arowana game I mentioned, so the Slosher itself beats the Splash Wall. I'm officially calling this the Slosher Deco Weapon Triangle :p

So needless to say, I'm having tons of fun with this weapon, and I've already had it replace the vanilla Slosher in my signature :D
Custom Range Blaster CAN effectively do the same thing with its sub and special. Main weapon there is a little more patient.

Gah, I need some TIME so I can PLAY all these weapons.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I've always preferred playing the Tri-Slosher over the Slosher any day. Normally, I would only use the Slosher during Turf Wars to screw around and only use the Tri-Slosher competitively. The set that the Slosher Deco has, however, makes me want to actually give playing this weapon competitively a chance that I never gave the Slosher. The set is just too nice to ignore and it definitely feels like it's got the Tri beat by just a bit (although the Tri will always have a special place for me).

The Slosher Deco is... Well... A Slosher. You play it just like you would any Slosher so there's really no big difference in the way that it's used out in a match. However, the Splash Wall and Kraken add a bit of extra power to the Deco that the normal one doesn't have. After playing a few stages tonight on Saltspray and Mackerel, I've found that the Splash Wall is often a good defense and a good distraction. The Kraken is also just much more useful all around than the Inkstrike is. It's more fun too just to see your opponents turn tail and run when you break out the Kraken and they weren't paying attention to what Slosher you're carrying.

Overall, I think that the Deco is definitely a very decent weapon and one that I'll probably put some real consideration into trying to run it competitively in Ranked battles.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I like it. A nice change from the 96 with no accuracy to worry about and of course getting to slosh over other Splash walls is nice (I've gotten a few people that way somehow lmao).

As for comparing it to the 96, not ready for that yet.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I like it. A nice change from the 96 with no accuracy to worry about and of course getting to slosh over other Splash walls is nice (I've gotten a few people that way somehow lmao).

As for comparing it to the 96, not ready for that yet.
I am so glad you are comparing this to the normal .96 Gal., a very underrated offensive anchorer! While I do not think that this weapon will be as offensive, I CAN see the Splash Walls being a big anchoring tool with this one.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Ok I'm gonna be honest here. Even though this slosher has a more defensive set, It is an absolute monster used offensively too. You can just keep pressing forward and with the huge amount of ink the slosher can spread you can safely ink a huge area behind your splash wall. This thing is crazy good in turf wars too. Especially at Port Mackerel. The kraken can be used as an escape into the enemy territory if you are being pressured back into your spawn, and as soon as the kraken runs out, jump and throw out your splash wall to avoid getting splatted from behind and continue inking forward allowing you a safe getaway (most of the time IMO). I find the Slosher Deco much better than the original.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Ok I'm gonna be honest here. Even though this slosher has a more defensive set, It is an absolute monster used offensively too. You can just keep pressing forward and with the huge amount of ink the slosher can spread you can safely ink a huge area behind your splash wall. This thing is crazy good in turf wars too. Especially at Port Mackerel. The kraken can be used as an escape into the enemy territory if you are being pressured back into your spawn, and as soon as the kraken runs out, jump and throw out your splash wall to avoid getting splatted from behind and continue inking forward allowing you a safe getaway (most of the time IMO). I find the Slosher Deco much better than the original.
The original can splat faster than the Deco with a Burst Bomb cancelled into a slosh.

I'd say both are about the same, playing different roles.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
The original can splat faster than the Deco with a Burst Bomb cancelled into a slosh.

Well, to be fair, the sub on this weapon can insta-kill absolutely anything, no matter the amount of Defense Up (it can even instantly kill the big 500.0-health target dummies in the testing room). But Burst Bombs are, obviously, much easier to kill with than a Splash Wall.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin

Not significantly faster, what makes it better at killing is more range and wider hitbox.

However, Kraken >>>>>>>>>>> Inkstrike, so until the latter gets buffed I'ma have to say the Deco is overall superior, but I'll still use the vanilla regularly as I love burst bombs.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
I like it but I still like my Slosher Shot Jr more, or in other words the Tri Slosher. I just pwn so much more with the Tri Slosher. Just went 21-6

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
So, after finally getting to try this thing out, I can concur that this is a very decent weapon, and I like the more defensive take on the Slosher. It's probably the most defensive Slosher we'll ever get, probably (except maybe the Tri-Slosher Nouveau, but we haven't seen that sub+special combination yet and personally I think it's a more hunting kit, but we'll see when we get there lol). The main weapon is good as ever, throwing large swaths of ink everywhere at a decent fire rate and damage output, getting kills with relative ease. I found the Splash Wall best for those rushdown players who would try to take advantage of my less-than-optimal fire rate and get in close, but only when I have enough of my Ink Tank full in order to be prepared to do so (Ink Saver (Sub) works great here) and the Kraken was a great way to ensure my kills and take a hand on the offense for a little while. A very good weapon that I would recommend to any defensive Slosher player.

I can tell this is better than the regular Slosher, at least for modes other than Turf War...
But it will take me some time to learn to use it, since I've never used Kraken before, and have never used the Splash Wall with any effacacy.
I feel like the Kraken can essentially give me an alternative to the Tri-Slosher with its Bubbler, but I find the Bubbler more useful... Splash Wall is certainly as useful as Disruptors, albiet with a different role.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Oh my goodness, I never shared my recommended abilities for this weapon! I do have plenty of thoughts for suggestions. Here they are:

Stackable:

:ability_swimspeed:
:ability_inksaversub:
:ability_specialduration:
:ability_quickrespawn:
:ability_inkrecovery:

Main-Exclusive:

:ability_haunt:
:ability_tenacity:
:ability_recon:
:ability_openinggambit:

Hix

Inkling
NNID
greensand
I believe it to be OP. In order to be successful with this weapon, one has to have a cautious approach. Start off each battle inking as much territory to charge up the Kraken, and slowly advance upon enemy squids. If you and an opponent both see eachother, swim backwards and wait a sec. When the enemy advances, throw a Splash Wall and slosh the enemy accordingly. By doing this, when they advance at you they'll most likely fire at you and waste their ink. Only use the Kraken when you are going to advance on two or more opponents without backup or if you start receiving fire.

Tip: Don't be afraid to be campy. If you know of an area that many squids pass by, hide near it in a corner or small ink puddle. When an enemy crosses your path, throw the Splash Wall and slosh the heck out of them. I score many splats by doing this, and it's not that hard of a concept.

This is how I use this weapon, and I win alot of times because of it. There may be a fallacy in my strategy that could be exploited, but that's up to you to figure out.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I use the regular Slosher more often because the Burst Bombs make up for the slow fire rate and Inkstrike isn't really that bad, but the Deco is what I use in Tower Control because it has a set that works really well in that mode.

Plus, you can slosh the folks standing on the tower where they can't shoot you back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom