• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splat Charger/Hero Charger Replica: Analysis & Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Figured we could start using these types of threads now. These threads are designed for people to quickly check strategies and info.

Splat Charger/Hero Charger Replica

Splat charger:
wst_charge_normal00.png

Hero Charger Replica:
wst_charge_normalh.png

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
Splat charger: Lv 3
Hero Charger Replica: Lv. 3 + Inkling Girl Amiibo Final Challenge

Cost:
Splat Charger: 1000
Hero Charger Replica: 1200

Shop Description:
Splat Charger: "Charges up before releasing a concentrated, high-powered burst with excellent range. Charging takes a while, so be careful not to open yourself up to attack!"

Hero Charger Replica: "A sweet replica created by Sheldon from his grandfather's blueprints. It looks funky fresh, to be sure, but apparently it's just a regular Splat charger with a fancy paint job..."

Type:
Charger

Stats:
Range: Large
Charge Speed: Mid
Mobility: Low-Mid

Sub:
Splat Bomb

Special:
Bomb Rush

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Extras:
Filenames:
wst_charge_normal00
wst_charge_normalh

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Splat Charger and/or Hero Charger Replica.

Last edited:

jkid391

Senior Squid
Personally, I hate the Splat Charger. It may be good for sniping, but you can't escape or kill effectively up-close. I prefer the Splattershot (normal and Pro) or Splat Roller over Splat Charger or Chargerscope.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I personally love the Splatcharger because the feeling of insta-killing from far away is satisfying and it is a great support weapon. I do enjoy the shooters to though, but I love me chargers.

Sorry for the double post.

Seeing as the Hero Charger Replica is the exact same thing as the Splat Charger, I decided to just add the Hero Charger Replica to this thread as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I think this weapon like all the other Chargers is being slept on. Though I think that using this variant over it's scope counterpart is mostly up to preference, but I feel the peripheral vision that this weapon offers makes can be really important on some maps like Port Mackerel. The sub is also reliable and good for negating approach and covering the map. The special is fantastic as it makes up for the Splat Chargers lack of coverage, and can takes points with almost zero risk in Splat Zones.

I think the Splatterscope is overall much more user friendly and offers the same options, I'll probably use it a lot more when I get the Hero variant from my Amiibo.

Am I the only one cares about Chargers?

Last edited:

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think this weapon like all the other Chargers is being slept on. Though I think that using this variant over it's scope counterpart is mostly up to preference, but I feel the peripheral vision that this weapon offers makes can be really important on some maps like Port Mackerel. The sub is also reliable and good for negating approach and covering the map. The special is fantastic as it makes up for the Splat Chargers lack of coverage, and can takes points with almost zero risk in Splat Zones.

I think the Splatterscope is overall much more user friendly and offers the same options, I'll probably use it a lot more when I get the Hero variant from my Amiibo.

Am I the only one cares about Chargers?
Ohhh! Finally other people here! : D

I prefer the regular over the scope version. The scope version narrow vision makes me not like it as much.

But yeah, the subs and special are awesome for coverage. I love the hero variant as well. Always use that version. <3

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Scope is good for learning how to aim, so I find it odd that you unlock it at level 13.I think the scoped one should be the default then you unlock the no scoped variant, that probably would have made the thing less tedious to learn.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Scope is good for learning how to aim, so I find it odd that you unlock it at level 13.I think the scoped one should be the default then you unlock the no scoped variant, that probably would have made the thing less tedious to learn.
I dunno... wouldn't new players get frustrated getting splatted by players they couldn't see while aiming down the scope?

mewtheed

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mewtheed
the scope one is much harder to use imo, the zooming is very disorienting to me and makes the camera too sensitive, plus you cannot see your surroundings anymore which makes you at a huge disadvantage in a game where anybody can ambush you at anytime.

I think this weapon might be better to people who use analog controls because I'm using gyro and I'm much better with the regular charger than with the scope version.

I tend to prefer the regular splat charger over the kelp version for the bomb rush, but especially because that's the one that comes with the girl amiibo and I've got to say the hero replica version looks really badass. =D

nebbii

Inkling
NNID
nebbii
The default Splat Charger is definitely being slept on. In Splat Zones bomb rush is pretty powerful, and bombs themselves are nice on Chargers. Still prefer the Squiffer for Turf Wars though.
In my opinion in turf war the Charger is still really strong. The bomb rush is great for getting turf and makes up for the gun's weak painting abilities, good positioning and avoiding potential enemy hiding spots by staying in safe ally-covered areas really helps it's close range issues.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801

Seeing as the Hero Charger Replica is the exact same thing as the Splat Charger, I decided to just add the Hero Charger Replica to this thread as well.
Could you change the titles of the Splattershot and the Splat Roller to include the Hero Shot Replica and Hero Roller Replica?

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I love using this charger for Tower control. Very easy to get a splat.

Splat bombs are also very good for getting opponents off the tower if your aim is good. And bomb rush is pure chaos that the enemy team won't know how to deal with. Especially in close spaces like Saltspray Rig. Getting bombs onto the tower while you are on it are great for "you are going down with me" moments.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
overall I'm just bad with chargers, go figure as a roller player
for me, it seems chargers are a bit more team reliant then other weapons. I find when I'm playing a Dynamo, I can give them ample coverage to do their thing with lesser worries of a charger being overwhelmed.
Wish I had more to add, but I really am no good with the thing. I find myself waiting to long to take the shot or my reactions are a tad too slow. I prefer to be the roller in the roller/charger duo as a result of my own twitchy movements. Now that I contributed to the overall convo, now for the real reason I'm here

HOW
I personally love the Splatcharger because the feeling of insta-killing from far away is satisfying and it is a great support weapon. I do enjoy the shooters to though, but I love me chargers.
DARE

YOU

grrr I must use my strongest and most powerful ability,
hnnng,
MOD SUMMON @Trieste Sp, also hi trieste

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
for me, it seems chargers are a bit more team reliant then other weapons. I find when I'm playing a Dynamo, I can give them ample coverage to do their thing with lesser worries of a charger being overwhelmed.
Wish I had more to add, but I really am no good with the thing. I find myself waiting to long to take the shot or my reactions are a tad too slow. I prefer to be the roller in the roller/charger duo as a result of my own twitchy movements. Now that I contributed to the overall convo, now for the real reason I'm here

HOW

DARE

YOU

grrr I must use my strongest and most powerful ability,
hnnng,
MOD SUMMON @Trieste Sp, also hi trieste
Hey, bluecrow!

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Hey, bluecrow!
I'd ask you how you're doing and how is the modding going, but this is a discussion on chargers,
so tell me do you like chargers?

I've been secretly wanting to see if I could get a charger player to duo with for turf wars shenanigans

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'd ask you how you're doing and how is the modding going, but this is a discussion on chargers,
so tell me do you like chargers?

I've been secretly wanting to see if I could get a charger player to duo with for turf wars shenanigans
When I played the demo a while ago Chargers were my favourite weapon but I currently don't have the game so I really can't contribute much to the discussion.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hey, bluecrow!
Actually I think he called you here because of the double post I did. :P

Yeah, chargers are team weapons. I call them support classes personally. You aren't really trying to do the main objective yourself, you are trying to make sure your team is in the best possible position to complete the objective themselves.

Chargers aren't really going to be focused too much on inking turf or capping zones. Instead, there is a heavy focus on sniping enemies from a distance. You will be most of the time in the back while your team is in the front.

The only exception is walleye I find. The reason being is that it is so open and short, it is just better to be all out offensive.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Chargers aren't really going to be focused too much on inking turf or capping zones. Instead, there is a heavy focus on sniping enemies from a distance. You will be most of the time in the back while your team is in the front.
THEN WHY AM I SO BAD (I know why, I'm just being dramatic)

Out of curiosity, how does the range hold up on the splat charger? It always feels a tad short for me
The only exception is walleye I find. The reason being is that it is so open and short, it is just better to be all out offensive.
it's also pretty wide though
f90.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom