What are some buffs/nerfs you want for the 7.0.0 patch?

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
please for the love of god give dualie squlechers something.
ink efficiency, damage, accuracy, just please give us something that reverts the nerfs it got in the mpu patch in s2

TruthSeekr

Inkling
I think we'll get another Brella buff that technically helps but doesn't really fix any problems. Nintendo loves doing that.

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
●Splat and undercover brella more shield hp

●Splat and undercover damage more consistent

●Trizooka start up nerf

●Tacticooler special saver nerf

●H3, L3 octobrush and ink brush take less frames to button mash at full speed.

●Dualie squelchers ink efficiency buff

●Dynamo better paint spread

●.52 ink efficiency nerf

●S-blast less start lag when shooting

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I'm surprised nobody's said this, but I also think some abilities need to be reworked. It's not just the weapons that need changing, but I think stuff like Respawn Punisher and Special Charge Up definitely need to be looked at. Basically, the abilities that have the most impact on the battlefield, like Damage Up/Defense Up and MPU used to. There are quite a few meta builds right now that I feel need to be toned back. There's not much point in nerfing weapons if abilities can just basically undo them with enough AP.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I'm surprised nobody's said this, but I also think some abilities need to be reworked. It's not just the weapons that need changing, but I think stuff like Respawn Punisher and Special Charge Up definitely need to be looked at. Basically, the abilities that have the most impact on the battlefield, like Damage Up/Defense Up and MPU used to. There are quite a few meta builds right now that I feel need to be toned back. There's not much point in nerfing weapons if abilities can just basically undo them with enough AP.
Everyone forgets abilities exist because only two or three are unbalanced. Maybe four. Or five, at most.

Thermal Ink is stupidly easy to fix, all they have to do is make it work for AoE damage.

Respawn Punisher is bad, but there's no real way to make it better. It needs to be reworked or removed, and that's better done in the transition between games than in balance patches.

Tenacity is still nearly useless, but has some options to be improved. My favorite idea is for the ability to give 10 AP of Quick Super Jump to players who jump to the user, following the niche of being good for weapons that don't die.

The stackable abilities are all fine with a few exceptions for specific Sub Power Up or Special Power Up effects, and those are basically just sub/special buffs at that point. Actually, no, wait, Intensify Action still sucks on weapons that don't have shot spread.

Intensify Action should slightly reduce mid-air charge time, and slightly increase jump height for all weapons.

That should be everything worth men- no, wait, Opening Gambit exists.

Opening Gambit should only lose its effects 10 AP at a time, so if you don't get any splats or assists, it'll grant 20 AP of each ability until 45 seconds into the game, and 10 AP until one minute into the game.

That's all of the abilities that need balancing.
If you're worried about gear abilities' impact on the meta, a good solution is to reduce meta options' gear freedom.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Point Sensor is the only gimmick sub that’s been done correctly, and the way it’s been done correctly is by being cheap. The same solution could probably work for both Mist and Sprinkler, especially Mist since most people think the best way to buff it is to make it stronger on a direct hit only.
Yeah a lot of these are way too expensive for what they do but tbh I think mist getting cheaper could get annoying really fast, especially in rainmaker where it might totally be spammed at a chokepoint for the entire game

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Yeah a lot of these are way too expensive for what they do but tbh I think mist getting cheaper could get annoying really fast, especially in rainmaker where it might totally be spammed at a chokepoint for the entire game
I wholeheartedly agree.
I do think it should only cost 55% of the ink tank, but no lower.
Coming up with good Mist buffs is difficult. I can't really blame the devs for not having added any yet.
Having it briefly stick to players who leave the cloud seems like our best bet at this point.

As for Sprinkler, it's the exact opposite problem. There are so many creative Sprinkler buffs out there that choosing a direction for the sub to actually take is borderline impossible, which is why it's still in its Everyman limbo state.
The same is partly true for Angle Shooter, though most people agree that the trail doing damage would be a good buff.

The only one I think I know how best to buff is Curling Bomb: Increasing the contact damage to 45.
Curling combos would go hard.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I wholeheartedly agree.
I do think it should only cost 55% of the ink tank, but no lower.
Coming up with good Mist buffs is difficult. I can't really blame the devs for not having added any yet.
Having it briefly stick to players who leave the cloud seems like our best bet at this point.

As for Sprinkler, it's the exact opposite problem. There are so many creative Sprinkler buffs out there that choosing a direction for the sub to actually take is borderline impossible, which is why it's still in its Everyman limbo state.
The same is partly true for Angle Shooter, though most people agree that the trail doing damage would be a good buff.

The only one I think I know how best to buff is Curling Bomb: Increasing the contact damage to 45.
Curling combos would go hard.
It's kind of hard to think of good mist buffs since if it was really good it could be... well... toxic (runs)
I had an idea of the mist draining your special gauge but I feel like that's either insignificant or instantly meta defining so it's kind of a scary idea. I kind of wish it had an effect where it prevented you from healing, I think that could be good but maybe not enough. Maybe just making it 55% could be a good start.

And yeah sprinkler is kind of hard to buff, but at this point it should do more than just paint that's for sure.

Curling combos could go so hard it's kind of weird that it only does 20

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Like I said, give Mist the ability to hit directs when thrown. It would be the most fun way to buff it, by raising the skill ceiling.

Dustrix

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
This may just be a skill issue, but I think they need to slightly buff either carbon rollers damage, or range on the horizontal flick. I've had so many times where I was RIGHT in front of someone and did a horizontal flick and it goes down like this: oh it's not in kill range, a burst bomb indirect will finish them off, right?(using carbon deco obviously) Oh no it didn't kill them, maybe another one for sure. NOPE, so then your out of ink and 5 times out of ten you die because then you have two people shooting at you while your out of ink, but if you killed the first person then you could either retreat or take up the space they where at. It's just hard to combo with horizontal flicks when you and your enemies' player models basically have to be touching, I know vertical flicks are an option but sometimes by the time you get one out you're already going to be dead. So either a range or damage buff for carbon roller

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
52.gal fire rate reduced by 4%
If only. The minimum we can reduce it by is 11% due to how the game measures time in frames. Making it take a few frames longer to start firing out of swim form should produce the desired effect.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I think the .52 gal doesn't really need nerfs. There's a reason shooters were buffed in general coming out of swim form to start firing sooner. It's because unlike other classes, they don't generally have gimmicks. Sure they might differ in firing speed, power, range and accuracy, but that's it. They can't dodge roll like dualies or 1 shot like a bunch of other classes. Shooting is all they have, and they need all the mobility they can get, including being able to fire sooner coming out of their ink.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I think the .52 gal doesn't really need nerfs. There's a reason shooters were buffed in general coming out of swim form to start firing sooner. It's because unlike other classes, they don't generally have gimmicks. Sure they might differ in firing speed, power, range and accuracy, but that's it. They can't dodge roll like dualies or 1 shot like a bunch of other classes. Shooting is all they have, and they need all the mobility they can get, including being able to fire sooner coming out of their ink.
its kill time is just way too fast i think

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
its kill time is just way too fast i think
It trades accuracy and fire rate for power, though. Like its cousin, the 96 that's a huge trade-off. Combine that with the fact that the only lethal bomb the 52 and 96 have ever had between the two of them is either the seeker in the first game or the curling bomb in the subsequent games, and that's only ever gone to the 52 deco. Even then, those have always been used more for mobility than as bombs, and because of that, the main weapon has to be strong to make up for it.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
It trades accuracy and fire rate for power, though. Like its cousin, the 96 that's a huge trade-off. Combine that with the fact that the only lethal bomb the 52 and 96 have ever had between the two of them is either the seeker in the first game or the curling bomb in the subsequent games, and that's only ever gone to the 52 deco. Even then, those have always been used more for mobility than as bombs, and because of that, the main weapon has to be strong to make up for it.
It really doesn't though. Its accuracy is more than sufficient to consistently hit its first two shots, not to mention its bullet size, and its low fire rate is made up for by its two-shot damage. Your argument works for the .96 Gal, but not this one.

The thing is, you shouldn't buff or nerf things based on theory, you should buff or nerf based on results. And the results state that .52 Gal is not only one of the game's top tiers, but it's also by far the easiest one to use. On ProChara's latest tier list, it shares the top tier with Squeezer, Snipewriter, and Splatana Stamper. Notoriously high-skill weapons. And this is all without having a lethal bomb, unlike the Splattershot or N-ZAP, and having a mediocre special with no synergy.
Actually, how on earth do you justify a main weapon being more powerful because it doesn't get a bomb in its kits?? Kits aren't a part of the main weapon. If the third .52 kit got a splat bomb, then what? In any case, Splash Wall is as strong on the weapon as any bomb.

The .52 Gal is broken. If you can't see it, you should really renew the subscription for your eyes.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
It really doesn't though. Its accuracy is more than sufficient to consistently hit its first two shots, not to mention its bullet size, and its low fire rate is made up for by its two-shot damage. Your argument works for the .96 Gal, but not this one.

The thing is, you shouldn't buff or nerf things based on theory, you should buff or nerf based on results. And the results state that .52 Gal is not only one of the game's top tiers, but it's also by far the easiest one to use. On ProChara's latest tier list, it shares the top tier with Squeezer, Snipewriter, and Splatana Stamper. Notoriously high-skill weapons. And this is all without having a lethal bomb, unlike the Splattershot or N-ZAP, and having a mediocre special with no synergy.
Actually, how on earth do you justify a main weapon being more powerful because it doesn't get a bomb in its kits?? Kits aren't a part of the main weapon. If the third .52 kit got a splat bomb, then what? In any case, Splash Wall is as strong on the weapon as any bomb.

The .52 Gal is broken. If you can't see it, you should really renew the subscription for your eyes.
No it's not. It's top tier, so what? What's really wrong with having a solid main weapon? And like I said before the fact that it doesn't have or need a lethal bomb more than balances it. Random takes like these and then insulting me on top of it are exactly the reason why I'm glad it's the developers that make all the game related decisions and not some random people on the internet like you or Chara. On top of that, take a look at all the options around it and get rid of your tunnel vision around the 52. A ton of other options have been buffed, especially in the shooter class. Shot, Zap, Pro. The buffs it got in the last game are the only thing keeping it from being power crept, and you want it nerfed? Maybe you're the one that needs to see an eye doctor, Pot Boy.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
The thing is, you shouldn't buff or nerf things based on theory, you should buff or nerf based on results.
This. If theory doesn't match the results, what you have is an incomplete theory. In this case, the results show that .52 is one of the best and most oppressive weapons in the game.

No it's not. It's top tier, so what? What's really wrong with having a solid main weapon? And like I said before the fact that it doesn't have or need a lethal bomb more than balances it.
Splash wall is probably better for it than a bomb, anyway. And even if a bomb would be better, the fact that it's this good despite not having one just means the main weapon is that much more broken.

Random takes like these and then insulting me on top of it are exactly the reason why I'm glad it's the developers that make all the game related decisions and not some random people on the internet like you or Chara. On top of that, take a look at all the options around it and get rid of your tunnel vision around the 52. A ton of other options have been buffed, especially in the shooter class. Shot, Zap, Pro. The buffs it got in the last game are the only thing keeping it from being power crept, and you want it nerfed? Maybe you're the one that needs to see an eye doctor, Pot Boy.
I find it very ironic that you (correctly) criticized him for insulting you and then proceeded to do the exact same thing yourself.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
On top of that, take a look at all the options around it and get rid of your tunnel vision around the 52. A ton of other options have been buffed, especially in the shooter class. Shot, Zap, Pro. The buffs it got in the last game are the only thing keeping it from being power crept, and you want it nerfed? Maybe you're the one that needs to see an eye doctor, Pot Boy.
Who said that .52 was the only shooter I wanted nerfed? Shot and ZAP could both stand to be knocked down a peg, too.
Pretty much all of the shooter buffs from Splatoon 2 were unnecessary. The class does have an identity: All-rounding. They didn't need insane mobility, nor did they deserve it. Both dualies and brushes already use that for their identity. The Shot and ZAP buffs in this game are honestly just insulting when weapons like H-3 are getting table scraps.
I have nothing against shooters as a class, there needs to be some sort of baseline, but they should not be top tiers. What's the point in experimenting with new weapons if a simple Splattershot or .52 Gal can outperform almost all of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom