• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

体育祭!Athletic Festival (Feb.27)

Kaori Manabe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kaorimanbe

I present to you: 体育祭!Taiikusai: Athletic Festival, a quick and fun sports related tournament!
I will also consider posting this on Ikazok, to see if there is any Japanese Team interest as well.

★Date&Time★
2/27 (Saturday) 14:00 EST
Registration Begins 1/24 (Sunday)
Registration Ends 2/25 (Thursday) 23:00 EST
Roster Edits & Such End 2/26 (Friday) 23:00 EST (Please signup by Thursday)
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/0ml10PjjEHMZ6tZr

Signups:
CLOSED

Ikazok Link:
http://ikazok.net/tournaments/96
Tweet:

★Important Points★
- Capacity: 64 Teams
- Each team may have 4-8 players -
-Double Elimination, Best of 3, Top 4 is Best of 5

★Prizes★
1st: MS Paint drawing of anything u want
2nd: MS paint drawing of cute anime girl
3rd/4th: MS paint drawing of something random

★Ruleset★
- Every Team MUST provide the following information by the registration deadline:
1. Team's Home-court (Specific Map/Mode)
2. Team's Home Jersey (All members of your team must wear the same Jersey)
3. Team's Away Jersey (All members of your team must wear the same Jersey)

When your team is playing on their HOMECOURT then they MUST wear their HOME JERSEY when your team is NOT doing that, then they MUST wear their AWAY JERSEY

During the TRIATHLON OF MANABE teams may wear either their HOME or AWAY JERSEY Your team is locked into these choices, it will be used for the entire tournament.

~List of Allowed Clothing~
Hats: Anything
Clothes: Baseball Jersey, School Jersey, FC Albacore, Slimstream United, Retro Gamer Jersey, Cycle King Jersey, Urchins Jersey, Black Baseball LS, B-Ball Jersey (Away) Varsity Jacket, Berry Ski Jacket, Olive Ski Jacket, Cycling shirt, and B-ball Jersey (Home)
Shoes: Anything

~The Triathlon of Manabe~
These are all my favorite maps, so you will have to play on these ones if it goes to game 3. There will be a new map for every round of the tournament.
Remind that this is tentative because I am basing it on there being 64 entrants, but any changes won't be to the maps, just what appears in what order. However the maps for FINALS will not change.

The map list:
ROUND 1: Tower Control - Port Mackerel / ホッケふ頭
ROUND 2: Rainmaker - Moray Towers / タチウオパーキング
ROUND 3: Splat Zones - Museum d'Alfonsino / キンメダイ美術館
ROUND 4: Tower Control - Blackbelly Skatepark / Bバスパーク
ROUND 5: Rainmaker - Piranha Pit / ショッツル鉱山
FINALS: Splat Zones - Walleye Warehouse / ハコフグ倉庫 Tower Control - Camp Triggerfish / モンガラキャンプ場 Rainmaker - Urchin Underpass / デカライン高架下

★Tournament Progression★
1. Manabe will say in Discord #Announcments: "ROUND X START!!"

2. Play Set (Tell me you are playing the match within 10 minutes or DQ) Host may be either team, if you really want to decide, the team with the oldest member is allowed to host.

Before Top 4 [Alpha Homecourt] → [Bravo Homecourt]→ [The Triathlon of Manabe]
Top 4: [Alpha Homecourt] → [Bravo Homecourt]→ [The Triathlon of Manabe] x3

3.Post results in the discord channel #Results

4.Patiently wait for the next "ROUND X START!!" (All matches will be aimed to start together at the Round Start Signal, So the 10 minute DQ time is fair)

★Subs / Disconnects★
- No having 1 player on 2 teams
- Every game during the set, you may sub up to 2 players
- x Disconnect replays per Entrants for ENTIRE TOURNAMENT (Scaled)
- If a team has at least one person drop in the course of the match, then that team may stop playing immediately and call for a replay. The same setup and player list must be used for the replay, except in the case where a person cannot reconnect for whatever reason, then that person may be swapped out. "
-If a team has exceeded their Replay Threshold, then they may no longer replay games.

★Seeding★
-To be finalized 1-2 days before the Tournament
-I will seed them myself personally, based on a number of factors and not just a Power Ranking list

★Streaming★
- Please tag your stream with "体育祭Tournament (Team Name)" or anything similar.
- I will do my best to create a Stream Schedule, but it is not a priority of mine, i will not hold up matches just to stream them.
- If you are interested in commentary, please contact me via Twitter @KaoriManabe or Discord: マナベ

★Disqualification★
-Not starting your match 10 minutes past the ROUND #X GO!! Signal (Please report in the discord if a team is 10 minutes late, then you will win automatically)
-In the event both teams are AFK past 10 minutes they will both be DQ'd. No Top Player Privilege here sorry.
-Breaking the rules (Please report teams that break the rules)
-Cheating (Obviously using Wii U hacks, like Luna Blaster in popular tweet)

Last edited:

Scarlor

Full Squid
NNID
scarlor
Hey do You have any idea what time it will end ?

Last edited:

Kaori Manabe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kaorimanbe
Hey do You have any idea what time it will end ?
I will not be able to give an accurate estimate prior to knowing how many teams will enter, I'll put one up around 3-4 days before the day of the event

Triforce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
triforcemx1
Can we use the same jhersey in "away" round as a "home" round ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom