1 million copies sold, so is it time....

BluEyes

Senior Squid
to have a ladder reset?

I think maybe ladder should be run in seasons. Before a new season starts, all players are moved back to C-.

This forces players to keep up with the meta and devote time to regain or better their ranks thus ensuring we have a steady

online population. The ranked population has grown tremendously since launch and its time to shake things up!

What say you? :)

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
and piss off players like me who already got to A+? No. Nintendo wouldn't ever do anything like that anyway. If people want to keep up with the meta then we have to do that ourselves via observation and practical use.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
and piss off players like me who already got to A+? No. Nintendo wouldn't ever do anything like that anyway. If people want to keep up with the meta then we have to do that ourselves via observation and practical use.
Assuming there are 100 players for each rank, I am sure Nintendo has some sort of quota for each rank or else where would they find enough A, B and Cs to matchmake. There has been lots of weapons added since launch and I do think its not as easy to ladder up to A now compared to the first two weeks after launch.

And if you get A for consecutive seasons, as a reward, they could unlock skins or ink colours etc.

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
This. If they were to incorporate a full functional ladder system then there would have to be another way to do it. I don't want this game to spent farming for abilities and such.

I worked for everything at this point. It would be dirty to force people to reset without telling us beforehand.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Assuming there are 100 players for each rank, I am sure Nintendo has some sort of quota for each rank or else where would they find enough A, B and Cs to matchmake. There has been lots of weapons added since launch and I do think its not as easy to ladder up to A now compared to the first two weeks after launch.

And if you get A for consecutive seasons, as a reward, they could unlock skins or ink colours etc.
Firstly, why should there be a quota? That's absurd.

I'm going to repeat what I've been saying to other people: If you're still stuck in a particular rank, you belong there for a reason and you have to find ways to improve. Blaming your teammates for losses and turning a blind eye to your own mistakes isn't doing you any favours. Please, for the love of whatever god you believe in, work with your team and analyze and critique your playstyle. Think, "What could I have done better?/What am I doing wrong?" After many bumps and bruises, you'll finally figure it out.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
It was hard enough getting to C+
Getting reset to C- would be annoying

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
If you're an A+ player you'll just shoot straight back to the top in a matter of hours so why bother with a reset?

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I thought about something like this, too. Once you reach A+ or A+/99 you can basically step out of the competition and keep your rank forever. A reset is too harsh, though, but I would like to see some kind of decay system. -1 to -5 points per inactive day depending on which rank you are (the higher the more) could work very well. AND in the same process A+ should get the possibility to stack up points beyond 99.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
The point of ranked is to matchmake players of similar skill levels together. That goes out the window if you keep putting experts back in C-. What exactly would be the purpose of doing that?

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
to have a ladder reset?

I think maybe ladder should be run in seasons. Before a new season starts, all players are moved back to C-.

This forces players to keep up with the meta and devote time to regain or better their ranks thus ensuring we have a steady

online population. The ranked population has grown tremendously since launch and its time to shake things up!

What say you? :)
First, I don't like the click baitish title.

Second, and on topic, the problem is that being higher rank gives you more points for gear and buying stuff. It takes a lot of hard work to maintain it, and there is already incentive to keep playing the game with the massive amount of points you get.

If you're an A+ player you'll just shoot straight back to the top in a matter of hours so why bother with a reset?
Lastly, about this. This is a team base game. Even if you are so good, if your team can't support you, you aren't winning. And dealing with C rank people doesn't help.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
The point of ranked is to matchmake players of similar skill levels together. That goes out the window if you keep putting experts back in C-. What exactly would be the purpose of doing that?
You cant improve by playing with C. Play with peeps a lot better. This goes for all things competitive in life.

First, I don't like the click baitish title.

Second, and on topic, the problem is that being higher rank gives you more points for gear and buying stuff. It takes a lot of hard work to maintain it, and there is already incentive to keep playing the game with the massive amount of points you get.

Lastly, about this. This is a team base game. Even if you are so good, if your team can't support you, you aren't winning. And dealing with C rank people doesn't help.
Read the posts. A lot of A+ pros say its not about the team. Its about you getting good. does not ladder reset help those players who are stuck with casuals who play rank?

And you can snipe your fingers for clicking the title.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
That's not necessarily true. If you play well and above your rank, your influence should cause you to win over 55% of games which means you're ranking up. The bigger the influence, the higher your winrate, the faster you rank.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
That's not necessarily true. If you play well and above your rank, your influence should cause you to win over 55% of games which means you're ranking up. The bigger the influence, the higher your winrate, the faster you rank.
Can you re rank again in a new account and show us?

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
maybe they could have mini ranks in a like a1,a2,a3 ,anyway this is not going to happen since the datamining uncovered an s rank

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Read the posts. A lot of A+ pros say its not about the team. Its about you getting good. does not ladder reset help those players who are stuck with casuals who play rank?

And you can snipe your fingers for clicking the title.
No ones a pro at this game yet. It's been out for almost exactly a month now. For the latter comment, having the rank stay just the same can also help. Playing with better players then you can help you learn from them. And even if they drop out of A due to lack of good play. They are still in the Bs, which are still decent and they can always go back up.

Keeping it as it is now, allows everyone to grow, at least bit by bit instead of forcefully shunning people who aren't continuously looking up videos or guides. This game IS suppose to appeal to everyone, (like Smash bros), and not just the competitive community.

True and not true. While I suppose you can win, if the team has two people or more working just as hard as you, it isn't going to be a cakewalk. The point of your argument was that it would take a couple of hours, but in order for that to at least happen, you would still need a constantly good team. Something you aren't guaranteed. Are you able to reach A+ eventually? Sure. But not in a matter of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom