• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

1 vs 4 -Did anyone experience this during the Testfire?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
So I was trying to let my sister play a bit of Splatoon when the demo was up and when the servers were finally working we played matches back and forth. I decided to show off the weapon I am terrible at being the charger and for whatever reason my team mates vanished between starting the match and the starting animation. Long story short I had to play a full team alone and with my worst weapon. Do we know if our level will go down for losing? Hopefully this doesn't become a common issue.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
No, this never happened to me. Stange.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
once in the 3rd testfire. i still managed to score over 800 points ha.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
once in the 3rd testfire. i still managed to score over 800 points ha.
I had it happen during the 3rd testfire but it was only one or two team mates and they had somehow come back before the end since they had scores at the end.

redadil4

Inkster Jr.
NNID
leatherbelt
Never happened to me, but in the 4th testfire event I only played in the warehouse stage, for the full hour it was up. In the others it switched around. did that happen to anyone else?

PikaThePikachu

Inkling
NNID
Comite
Never happened to me, but in the 4th testfire event I only played in the warehouse stage, for the full hour it was up. In the others it switched around. did that happen to anyone else?
That's pretty odd. This didn't happen to me at all. Once the servers came back online, the maps switched as frequently as they did in the other Test Fires, which was maybe a rotation every 2 games or so.

redadil4

Inkster Jr.
NNID
leatherbelt
Honestly if people leave half way through the game, I'd be game for computers taking them over. I'm pretty sure they do this in smash.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
At that point I don't know if I would prefer Ai over not having them. I mean with one or two or so missing and a weapon that I am better at it would have been more manageable.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Once, but it should have been pretty rare on the testfires. I believe you had to turn your Wii U off to leave a match during the testfire. Don't think you could home screen

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
This happened to me only once, and I had also fought a one man team once as well.
Hopefully Nintendo does something about this so it isn't an issue.

Forte

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, I saw it once. I'm sure Nintendo will resolve that problem if enough people point it out.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Never had this happen when playing in the Testfire, but hopefully it isn't a common occurrence. If it is then Nintendo will hopefully patch it soon after release. (if this hasn't already been done)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'll just leave this here. It's mine anyway.

It was exactly like this but even the beginning animation I was alone. Oh well I'd prefer this then whats been happening to me lately. When my team is obliterating the other with almost 100% map coverage I noticed I have been getting a lot of "Lost connection" messages in between the time of 15-10 seconds (The ten second mark must have some feature to disallow people from doing this.) Are people really rage quitting in a mode where you never drop rank? What sucks is the loss of exp because the round doesn't finish and the fact you get punished on your win streak meter. I don't understand why someone would rage quit on a non ranked mode...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom