10 Common misconceptions in splatoon

bohneevair

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2620-8406-4327
When playing with friends, it doesn't matter who makes the room. The group MMR won't be affected if the X rank player makes the room as opposed to the C rank player.

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
When playing with friends, it doesn't matter who makes the room. The group MMR won't be affected if the X rank player makes the room as opposed to the C rank player.
Good one

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
5. Run speed does NOT affect splatanas while firing, nor does it affect brushes or rollers while rolling
I wanted to expand on this, because "Run Speed with brushes" is maybe the oldest thing in the entire community, but there's another thing I'd wondered about brushes for a while... Brushes have THE WORST STRAFE SPEED, if you start slapping those things and try to move forward, you move like a rock!

So I wondered if you could use Run Speed Up anyway because it'd help you out with your strafe speed, as is the case with most RSU weapons and...
...you can't
run speed up doesn't improve brush strafe speed either

that's not a common misconception, but a bonus '''fun''' fact for you
(I wish it worked, imagine big RSU builds where brushes start swinging and they just ZOOM AT YOU)

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
I wanted to expand on this, because "Run Speed with brushes" is maybe the oldest thing in the entire community, but there's another thing I'd wondered about brushes for a while... Brushes have THE WORST STRAFE SPEED, if you start slapping those things and try to move forward, you move like a rock!

So I wondered if you could use Run Speed Up anyway because it'd help you out with your strafe speed, as is the case with most RSU weapons and...
...you can't
run speed up doesn't improve brush strafe speed either

that's not a common misconception, but a bonus '''fun''' fact for you
(I wish it worked, imagine big RSU builds where brushes start swinging and they just ZOOM AT YOU)
Actually, it might affect it, but its just kinda bad. But run speed up, like most abilities, is a multiplicative effect. If you strafe at 0.1 units per frame (extremely slow) 10% more is jist 0.01 units faster. If you strafe at 0.8 units (pretty fast), 10% more is 0.08 units faster,you get a lot more out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom