1k Points with Splatcharger (w/o focusing on kills)

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
This is more or less a follow up to the video posted in Weapons and Gear talking about how I believe the Splatcharger can be effective if used correctly. Hopefully this gameplay illustrates that more easily than the commentary.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Just goes to show ya, in the the right hands the Charger is a force to be reckoned with. Even when it comes to painting.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
you should be aiming to get 1k without the +300 win bonus. 700pts isn't actually a lot.

that said, your play leaves more than enough room for improvement that hitting that 1k pre-bonus seems more than reasonable once you've improved a little. people are underestimating how much ground you can cover with uncharged shots.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
while i'm glad to see people can be that competent with the charger, remember that it still can't really outperform shooter type weapons when it comes to raw surface area covered. while ~700 + the ~300 points for winning around is decent, imagine how much ground a player on this skill level could've covered if they stuck with a splattershot variant.

curious to see where the meta is going to take the weapon. it's becoming clear it can be used for more than dedicated long range supports & frags. probably the most volatile weapon type, i'll definitely be experimenting with them all.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
while i'm glad to see people can be that competent with the charger, remember that it still can't really outperform shooter type weapons when it comes to raw surface area covered. while ~700 + the ~300 points for winning around is decent, imagine how much ground a player on this skill level could've covered if they stuck with a splattershot variant.

curious to see where the meta is going to take the weapon. it's becoming clear it can be used for more than dedicated long range supports & frags. probably the most volatile weapon type, i'll definitely be experimenting with them all.
True, but every wep has advantages over others. in the charger's case it can be pretty effective at keeping people a decent distance away. in this way it may be able to cover/protect turf better than a splattershot could. also remember there are other teammates that could be that splattershot player! this stuff is all map/opponent dependent too, so we'll see and yeah it'll be interesting to see how things pan out

luigisly

Full Squid
Charger can definitely cover some ground, especially when a charged shot gets about 30p if none of it covers ink that is already your color. Set up a "nest" with uncharged shots so no one has an easy route to you and then in the middle of zoning people out always take a few shots to cover the ground far out.

The charger is the most unique when it comes to spreading ink because it spreads the ink out so far with a single shot. It is bound to get ink into enemy territory and that means they'll have to clean it up at some point to have free movement. Since that ink that they're cleaning up is reachable from your nest that puts them in the line of fire for you to pick them off which then means more coverage from their explosion.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
True, but every wep has advantages over others. in the charger's case it can be pretty effective at keeping people a decent distance away. in this way it may be able to cover/protect turf better than a splattershot could. also remember there are other teammates that could be that splattershot player! this stuff is all map/opponent dependent too, so we'll see and yeah it'll be interesting to see how things pan out
well i mean, long range weapons have always been good for area denial and shutting down players but that doesn't always mean that they can compete with the other options available to you. i'm pretty indifferent to the state of chargers (at least much more than i used to be) so don't take me saying that as "chargers won't be good," they're just an unconventional choice that may or may not turn out to be effective. either way, their place in the meta will be very shakey and i think they're going to be very exciting weapons to watch and utilize

Perfect Stealth

Inkster Jr.
I really hope myself as well as all the other Charger players are able to make this weapon type viable in competitive play. The auto-firing weapons are a huge bore to use, since they require much less accuracy and skill when compared to the Charger.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I really hope myself as well as all the other Charger players are able to make this weapon type viable in competitive play. The auto-firing weapons are a huge bore to use, since they require much less accuracy and skill when compared to the Charger.
Bore? Pshh, they're the best of the three types. I prefer a mid-range skirmish rather than a long-range snooze fest or a close-range bear trap. But all joking aside, the Chargers will be great to have around in competitive play. A long range sniping will keep up the pressure when used in tandem with where your team moves forward. What I'm wondering is if anyone will use the Roller. In Splat Zones, I've seen only one person use the roller, not the greatest...

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Bore? Pshh, they're the best of the three types. I prefer a mid-range skirmish rather than a long-range snooze fest or a close-range bear trap. But all joking aside, the Chargers will be great to have around in competitive play. A long range sniping will keep up the pressure when used in tandem with where your team moves forward. What I'm wondering is if anyone will use the Roller. In Splat Zones, I've seen only one person use the roller, not the greatest...
I agree. Chargers have a lot of potential in competitive play.

Perfect Stealth

Inkster Jr.
There's no doubt about that, and that's what I mean. They're boring because they're so easy to use. Anyone can wreck shop with just the standard Splattershot Jr. and Bubbler. It doesn't present that much of a challenge.

thefro

Full Squid
You can't base your contribution to a team solely on the number of points you score. That's important but good play with the charger may enable the rest of your team to score more points versus using a Splattershot. If the other team is getting killed more that frees up your other team members to spread more ink across the map.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, I certainly know now to use the Splatcharger's uncharged shots more. Don't really want to focus on points though.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Man I'm gonna be scared when people learn to use this thing at high level. Though in it's current state among players I can see this weapon being at it's strongest in Tower Control, but by the time that releases people will probably have a better understanding of the weapon anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom