2nd EU Splatfest: Eating vs Sleeping

Eating or Sleeping?

• Total voters

Phobos

Inkling Commander
As a member of Team Eating, I concur. Quite a few very one-sided matches so far - not sure what accounts for the disparity.

DWK

Inkling
NNID
danceswithkoopas
It's difficult not to win as Team Eat in my matches. Team Sleep literally appears to be sleeping. Two 4v1 and a few 4v3 and 4v2 victories for me. And of course the majority have been eating vs eating.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Had some pretty nice matches for team eating so far.
Played 18 matches, won 17 matches.
9 matches vs. team sleeping
8 matches vs my own team.
Can't say that I had trouble with team sleeping.
The only time where one of the teams had 3 members was eating vs eating.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Team Sleeping won way more matches but there were more "team Eating" people D: GGs (i lost 2 /100 matches so the loss hurts my feels xD)

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Team Sleeping won way more matches but there were more "team Eating" people D: GGs (i lost 2 /100 matches so the loss hurts my feels xD)

Now Marie knows how it feels (I'm from NA and Team Cat where Callie represented).

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
Team Sleeping here, I definitely felt my performance was overall better than in the last Splatfest. Found some good teams (which were usually only broken apart by disconnects...) and at least I kinda feel like my performance paid off since we got more wins.........just about....

Congratulations Team Eating. Now, next time will I finally pick a winning team? :')

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
Eating teams were, for the most part, really appalling. It took a long, long time to find other good players on the Eating side, and when I did those teams disbanded quickly due to disconnects. I think the disconnects had something to do with the fact that NZ and AUS are counted among the Europe countries, so... ...let's just say NZ couldn't be much further from Europe.

Howl7

Pro Squid
As i wrote i think that the true winner is the faction with the higher winning ratio, so... we lost. Congratulations Team Sleeping! ^_^

P.S: i like the title "Elite Gourmet". :)

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Well, from a purely self interested perspective, I'm pleased we got the win, since it's more snails for me :D But my experience was that Team Sleeping had the better night - it took me a while to find a team that were good to play with, and then I lost them to a disconnect after only a few games. Lots and lots of weak teammates - Team Sleeping were clearly the dominant force; kudos to them.

As an aside, it's interesting to see how different the experience is without the standard TW matchmaking system which, if I recall correctly, tries to match players according to playstyle, I guess so more aggressive players are channelled away from the (probably younger) more mellow ones.

Njok

Bouncer
This was a really laggy splatfest for me. I had several matches where the map actually changed completely after the final whistle because the game took a few seconds to register everything. I guess i can no longer blame the Japanese.

Also, i lolled at the rank titles. Eternal sleeping boy, really? So you're just dead? :D

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Does anyone know how matches against your own team are accounted to the win/loss result? I had so many matches against my own team (eating), and I thought they outright count as free wins, so I was baffled to see Team Sleep take the victory here.

I guess they probably count as both win and loss at the same time, cancelling them out for the result.

This Splatfest was stressful for me. I had a totally overloaded schedule this weekend and just played to get the highest rank for my snails. GGs to everyone, though :)

Njok

Bouncer
Correct, they count only for your rank and are not considered in the final results. Or they are, and count as both a win and loss as you said, which is the same thing :D But iirc Nintendo's statement was they don't count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom