3 vs 4 Turf War?!

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
In the lobby right before a Turf War, everything was starting well, and there were 8 people total like normal. However, as soon as we started, my team only had 3!! The missing member was just crossed out on the gamepad for the whole match. Basically, the battle didn't end so well without a 4th set of tentacles...

a) Is that common for anyone else?
b) Any tips on surviving a match like this in the future?

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
I had a 2v4 before we may have lost but me and the other guy at least prevented all 4 players from getting to our base thats a win imo :p

Holder of the Heel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Roarfang
I was in a match where the queue was stuck when it filled up for a minute, then the map overview kept replaying over and over, and then when it started... all of my teammates blew up leaving me to take on an entire team myself. And I totally wrecked them STILL.

lol just kidding I didn't even get 10%.

VZ_Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jefferson1234
I did saw a team missing a player from the start in Splat Zone, but since one of our teammates just stayed at the spawn point and spammed Booyah, it actually works as a 3v3 game......

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
There was one turf war where 2 of my teammates imploded and all of the players on the opposing team self combusted. so me and my one teammate just casually took a stroll through urchin underpass.
Painted the town red.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
In the lobby right before a Turf War, everything was starting well, and there were 8 people total like normal. However, as soon as we started, my team only had 3!! The missing member was just crossed out on the gamepad for the whole match. Basically, the battle didn't end so well without a 4th set of tentacles...

a) Is that common for anyone else?
b) Any tips on surviving a match like this in the future?
oh yes, it happens all the time.

Surviving it really isn't something that happens very easily. you're down a player, that's a huge disadvantage. you and your teammates have to be a lot more skilled than the opposing team to fill up that gap, or have a much better team composition notwithstanding. I've done a lot before in 3v4s, but I can't win them consistently, though I always put up at least a good fight. The one other person is often worth more than any amount of carrying you can provide.

One time I was in a 4v1, and I felt sorry for this guy, because he'd always make it past the three rollers who were trying to spawn camp to an area closer to the middle, and then he'd lose every time in the 1v1 he'd have with me. But I guess that goes to show why it's a good idea to watch mid and chokes rather than have everyone spawn camp.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I have noticed the benefits of Recon, and it actually suits my style really well.

Personally, I am not the type to charge into things headlong, and I'm the type who likes to cover the home base area first to build up the super. So, what I've been doing lately is standing on the spawn point covering everything I can within range of my Splattershot Pro, then look at the map to see if there are any engagements, or soon-to-be engagements, then either launch myself to the ally that would work the best, or cover up some more and launch an inkstrike to the appropriate area.

Honestly, Recon + Inkstrike is wonderful, and knowing if someone is hiding in the area is a fantastic help.

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
I have noticed the benefits of Recon, and it actually suits my style really well.

Personally, I am not the type to charge into things headlong, and I'm the type who likes to cover the home base area first to build up the super. So, what I've been doing lately is standing on the spawn point covering everything I can within range of my Splattershot Pro, then look at the map to see if there are any engagements, or soon-to-be engagements, then either launch myself to the ally that would work the best, or cover up some more and launch an inkstrike to the appropriate area.

Honestly, Recon + Inkstrike is wonderful, and knowing if someone is hiding in the area is a fantastic help.
That is a very interesting combination. Off-Topicfrom OP, but idc.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
One time I wound up in a 1 vs. 2, with me being the only one on my team. Guess what happened.

"Defeat" © Judd

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin

Might have to use that for some of my strategies. Interesting use for Recon. Aside from that. It has happen to me once, but obviously we lost. We did hold our base though, like most others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom