.52 Gal Analysis and Thoughts Thread

Mr_Klick

Inkling
NNID
mrormissshiek
I believe that .52 gal is one of the best gals because of the splat wall and all of the cool defensive strategys you can do with it! In most situations you can throw out a splat wall and hide behind it for cover while shooting its amazing for any defensive player. I've got a thread about different strategys you can do with the splat wall that i just started up so go check that out! http://squidboards.com/threads/splat-walls-in-tower-control-stategys.3043/

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
And this is why this gun will most likely get some kind of tweak in the near future (not necessarily a nerf). It is nothing but a Splattershot on steroids, it needs more specialization and a clear weakness imo. Give it a little startup on the first shot. Not a lot, just like half as much as the Blaster has.

Edit**- Right after I typed this, I booted up Splatoon, equipped the .52 Gal, random clothes on, went 11-1 in turf war on Port Mackerel. Guess what my only death was? A trade with another .52 Gal. I don't even really use this gun, I only have 12,000p of turf inked with it. (Compared to 49,000 with the N-Zap and 54,000 with the Aerospray MG).
I would argue that the .52 Gal has 3 clear weaknesses:
1) As I believe has been mentioned, accuracy is key. A missed shot with this weapon tends to more costly than with most others. Of course, this can generally be made a non-issue by skilled players.
2) If the opponent has even one more Defense Up than you have Attack Ups, the .52 Gal goes from an impressive 2-shot kill to a less impressive 3-shot kill. At 3 shots, the .52 Gal is outmatched by the commonly used (in ranked anyway) Tentatek Splattershot and both Splattershot Pros.
3) A lack of significant offensive capabilities. Encroaching into enemy ink is more dangerous with people's ability to punish you for a missed shot, and the subs on both classes aren't too great for advancing against an opponent who knows how to deal with them.

To clarify, I don't mean to say that the .52 Gal is bad; on the contrary, I think it's very good, an excellent weapon in any mode of play.

rodjoh

Inkling
NNID
rodjoh
This is my main weapon, well the Deco version.
Ignore my roller pose here, it is only for freshness purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom