• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

.52 gal gear abilities set up

Zero Emission

Inkster Jr.
My shirt is Cold-blooded + 3 Dmg Up so it will be a staple of this set. What goes well with .52 besides Ink Recovery?

I'm thinking stacking speed or respawn time would be a massive asset. Thoughts? Also run speed vs swim speed, how should I run max speed Inklings like one of those Tentatek?

Thanks for the help.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
You can use pretty much whatever abilitys you want, though damage up I would say is mandatory for countering defense up since just one main turns the .52 into a 3 hit kill. On my build I use 4 damage up subs as that's just enough to counter 2 defense up mains, and I actually use 3 defense up mains myself, with the rest of the subs being swim speed, or ideally they would be. I currently have a random Ink Saver Main sub and an Ink Recovery sub, which I don't think are necessary as the .52 has pretty good ink efficiency, but eh I'll live with em!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'd probably use ink resistance with swim speed up subs for shoes (red hi-tops). Some people don't think ink resistance is necessary, but I feel like once you get used to the mobility it is hard to go back. Otherwise a swim speed up main with run speed subs for your shoes would be good.

I always run an ink saver main, but you don't have to. Swim speed, ink recovery, or quick respawn could be good options here. It kinda depends on how you play.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I use this for the gal series and sometimes rollers:

Special duration up for the .96 deco I'm assuming? It looks like a killer build for that, honestly.

It doesn't really help with the .52 series though, as both are fire and forget. I'd probably run more swim speed if possible.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Run speed is actually really nice. 4 damage up subs should be good enough, if somebody is going to go through the trouble of maxing out defense let them have another fraction of a second to beat you while you run circles around their otherwise inferior set.

I can see why ink recovery would be good, easier to make splash walls this way. I don't know if cold blooded is mandatory, the weapon seems like it could survive without it.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
agreed right now i prefer the extra ink saver main vs cold blooded more splash walls is safer than cold blooded but i'm new to playing with this weapon only a week i'm up to A ranked but finding now that i have to tweak the build a bit. basically my mains are 1 dam up...1 ink save main and ink resis shoes , on the subs i need more ink and swim and run speeds and that is my focus right now. Any other ideas from 52 gal main users would be appreciated since my experience is just really starting......

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I decided to go up to 1 main and 3 subs of damage to counter those heavy defense builds which are probably more common actually. Whenever I use defense up in my builds it's all or none, and from what I've seen most agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom