• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

52. Gal rant

HappyPie

Inkling
NNID
H4ppypie
okay. So you all read the title, and I'm god damn sick of 52. Gals. They a rapid firing, two shot kill weapon, and they have a splash wall. Why does such a weapon that kills in two hits need a splash wall? If you're too incompetent to even play with an already overpowered weapon without using a defensive sub to prevent deaths, that's pretty cheap. Today I was squadding with some buddies and I've recently been using the L3-D (and amazing weapon by the way, was going like 10-1) and I kept going toe to toe with the opposing teams 52 gal. Everytime I outplayed him, but him throwing a splash wall and defending himself from one of the hardest to use weapons in the game with one of the easiest weapons just screams "No Skill!" to me. In saying that, it makes it all the more satisfying to smash the under my krak on roller or explode them with a burst bomb. If anyone has and similar thoughts/experiences I'd love to hear them aswell. Stay Fresh :P

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I feel your pain. Getting splatted by a 96 or 52 feels like crap. Remember though a splash wall uses up almost all their ink so if you can manage to sneak around the wall to get them they will have to run away and you if you are good at pursuing that will be the end of them.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
.52 Gal is fine as it is. If it was nerfed damage-wise it would pretty much be a tentatek with a different set. The 2 shot kill can be nullified by defense. Also, it's accuracy isn't as good as the tentatek's either. Splash Wall can be circumvented by throwing a bomb just on the other side of it. I see a lot of people throw a bomb at it(and admittedly I do this too), but that doesn't make the enemy back away. If you can throw it over, you've just made the enemy waste their ink. And since Walls don't break for 7 seconds, they wont be able to put up another until it does. There's also certain instances where it IS better to throw a bomb at it, because it blows up instantly, so just observe your opponent and see if there is an opening to get a quick kill like this. So yea overall the .52 Gal is far from being overpowered.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Gals are also slow and relatively inaccurate. For as "overpowered" as you think it is it still has it's faults, every weapon does. You already know how to counter them, so what's the problem here?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
As a former .52 gal player the .52 isn't as overpowered as you might think, tossing splash wall to defend yourself or allies takes some skill in order to be useful. Also you need to space yourself out evenly from the wall in order to prevent bombs from splatling you as well.

Also with weapons out there like the hydra splatling, dynamo and the point in the general direction Luna blaster I don't think the gal is the one you should be focused on

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Sometimes it is frustrating getting one-shotted by a .52 because you were slightly injured - just enough for one hit to take you down after they stacked a bunch of damage. It often does seem like they always get lucky with those shots. However, it actually takes time and familiarity with the gun to be able to land those shots with consistency because of the RNG inherent in the gun.

And effective splash wall play also takes practice. I still suck at where/when to throw them. Still, a skilled .52 player is a force to be reckoned with, as they are barely approachable. Luckily, splash walls take a lot of ink, the .52 only has mid-range, and it doesn't have the best mobility. I've also been in situations where the RNG and slow fire rate have completely screwed me in a close-quarters combat.

I do understand the frustration, and the .52 is still a beast of a gun, even with these flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom