• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

6.1.0 Competitive Tier List

Setu

my-image(2).png

This is my tier list for the state of the game right now in all modes, all maps. Obviously the list would change on certain maps/modes but I wanted to make it universal. Let me know your thoughts and feel free to ask questions!

Last edited:

TBob408

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5648-5506-6493
i like to think of tier lists in a competitive scene as "this is where the weapon is no longer viable", and as you get to higher levels, the list shrinks. so like high low level (low ink alpha bracket) you could probably beat with tier b and up. mid-high level you can make b work but thats where you peak. above them you'll pretty much only see A or S.

Setu

i like to think of tier lists in a competitive scene as "this is where the weapon is no longer viable", and as you get to higher levels, the list shrinks. so like high low level (low ink alpha bracket) you could probably beat with tier b and up. mid-high level you can make b work but thats where you peak. above them you'll pretty much only see A or S.
Not a bad way to describe it, but I think B or C tier weapons could still work well, however they can only work well with the right team comps/maps/playstyle and they are limited to that. So the tiers are more related to the amount of situations that the weapon kit could be useful in than anything else.

Louskeil

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0993-4033-5616
Imo the further down you go the tier list and the further you go into competitive play, the more comp dependant you get and the higher the skill needed to play those weapon is. Except for a few exception like for example but not limited to, Stamper and Tent which need a stupidly high amount of skill to work well in higher levels.

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
Question:
Why is Zimi a tier lower than Jr? I feel like especially after the recent special points buff they would be in about the same spot

Louskeil

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0993-4033-5616
Question:
Why is Zimi a tier lower than Jr? I feel like especially after the recent special points buff they would be in about the same spot
or maybe even higher if people can push it enough, it feels a lot stronger than Jr. but the lack of bomb can be harsh but I feel like it can be at the same spot as roller imo if it can get significant results.

Setu

Question:
Good catch, definitely forgot that I left zimi there, so I just fixed it. Jr just has better utility with bombs.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Since you play vdualie, what makes it a top tier right now when we look at all map/modes and not just zones?

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
I feel like I must’ve been living under a rock for reeflux deco to not only be B tier, but a whole tier higher than the vanilla kit? Did something change?

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
Your B tier is a strange mess, no offense. Foil squeezer is almost as good as the vanilla kit, vanilla tent is arguably better than sorella tent, and the inkstrike shooters and ballpoint just look strange next to reeflux deco, sorella brella, the big bows, and sblast 91 which are all garbage. Just because we don't see certain weapons as much as we used to doesn't mean they are the same strength as picks that """"have potential"""" lol.

Setu

this one’s interesting. i dont think wiper deco is in that strong of a spot. and bp is still decent. also. also. why is reeflux deco higher than vreeflux
Wiper deco is that strong because it holds the niche of best beakon/missile weapon which is really nice on beakon maps and against eliter players.
Since you play vdualie, what makes it a top tier right now when we look at all map/modes and not just zones?
Vdualie is just insanely flexible right now, can paint/farm crabs(and can play aggro with cooler and keeps crab), but also plays really well into blaster comps. Also the rolls are very nice for getting behind cover when pencil looks at you.
I feel like I must’ve been living under a rock for reeflux deco to not only be B tier, but a whole tier higher than the vanilla kit? Did something change?
Its literally only because of zones reefslider cheese. IMO I think reeflux is the best fighting weapon that can also simultaneously farm reefslider. It would make more sense in a zones tierlist but given how prominent zones is in comp, I think it earns its place. vreeflux is worse now because of the nerfs it got to its paint and has much worse survivability than the deco kit. Missiles also just aren't that great in the cooler meta.
Your B tier is a strange mess, no offense. Foil squeezer is almost as good as the vanilla kit, vanilla tent is arguably better than sorella tent, and the inkstrike shooters and ballpoint just look strange next to reeflux deco, sorella brella, the big bows, and sblast 91 which are all garbage. Just because we don't see certain weapons as much as we used to doesn't mean they are the same strength as picks that """"have potential"""" lol.
Foil squeezer is fine but the special is too niche and I think autobomb is worse than wall. I'd say I probably placed it a bit too low but it's not A tier atm

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
Foil squeezer is fine but the special is too niche and I think autobomb is worse than wall. I'd say I probably placed it a bit too low but it's not A tier atm
High level squeezers almost never use their wall lol. Autobomb has so much more utility for squeezer and hits the ink tank way less hard.

Setu

High level squeezers almost never use their wall lol. Autobomb has so much more utility for squeezer and hits the ink tank way less hard.
I think high level squeezers are really good at utilizing wall tbh, especially against pencil

Zonink

DUNKACCINO
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-0113-7061-9838
Wall was a lot worse on squeeze during bp meta but it has a good amount of utility against pencil and other squeezers, Wall is not as useful as auto overall but it's far from a dead sub on squeeze and the difference between zooka and screen is massive.

Screen a lot of the time is kinda a win more special, it's extremely awful on retake but super oppressive during advantage, which is not ideal since zooka is also like that but it's a lot more reasonable in neutral/disadvantage than screen is.

anyway I like this list, I think there is a massive disconnect on the viability of slider in comp so people are overreacting about the reeflux deco placement, dread and reefluxD get slider in like 2 seconds and autocap half the zones which honestly gives those guns a solid niche.

WIP Riley

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-8150-4404-2151
Nah enpery is way too low, the kit is decent and thr main weapond is very good, a decent comp player could use fist better than a special like reef of kraken (unless it's cheese)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom