6/18 Japan Splatfest Kinoko no Yama vs. Takenoko no Sato

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo

The next Japanese splatfest has been announced and it is based on the Japanese snack by Meiji called Kinoko no Yama and Takenoko no Sato.
These are basically biscuits/cookies that are covered in chocolate and made to look like mushrooms/bamboo shoots.

Not sure what I will choose since I don't have a bias towards either haha. I think I prefer Takenoko's colours more overall though so that may be my choice. Or the more interesting Miiverse drawing I come by :P

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mushroom Biscuits vs. Bamboo Biscuits, eh? Is there any meaningful difference between the two? Like, is one milk chocolate and the other dark? Are the biscuits themselves flavored differently?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I hear that the Bamboo biscuits come in regular cookie and chocolate variations, but that's it.

Oh, and from the Splatoon Nawabari thread some guy brought up that bamboo shoots were supposedly more popular than mushrooms in an attempt to predict how the popularity results would go. And there was also a mushroom-themed parody of Liberty Leading the People.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
There isn't much of a different between the two snacks. They're both chocolate covered biscuit snacks that come in various flavors. :) I think it's mostly just which design do you prefer... The mushroom design or the bamboo design? They both personally taste the same in my opinion. :P I would probably go with Kinoko no Yama though. This is mostly because the mushrooms are more common in the States so I'm more used to seeing them over the bamboo shoots.

So far... Most of my friends are going with Takenoko no Sato. Guess we'll see how the results play out. c:

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
So the real difference is simply the design...

Im terms of ink colour, my gosh... this looks like the problem the american Transformers Splatfest had. I mean bright yellow vs bright green? I'd have problems seeing the difference :scared: (thanks Nintendo for colour lock I guess).

Cyan

Inkling Commander
It's funny how Japan has back-to-back sponsored Splatfests, and are almost always either food or drink related. I have to say that the ink colours weren't thought out well at all, sure the colours match the boxes of the biscuit/cookies, but this is going to look horrendous. I watched Snowman vs Sandcastle and those colours clashed horribly (I believe Fancy vs Costume had the same colour scheme but was not here to play or see it). That was with Orange/Yellow vs Teal, and this is Yellow vs Green, the colours are so close to each other on the colour spectrum and will clash really badly making it difficult to tell what ink is what and possibly be painful to look at. If I was ever in a Splatfest with colours this bad together, I would run colour lock for the first time ever and have Orange vs Purple rather than 2 colours that would be a detriment to how well I perform in each match.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I have to say that the ink colours weren't thought out well at all, sure the colours match the boxes of the biscuit/cookies, but this is going to look horrendous.
The colors kind of remind me of NA's Team Pizza VS Team Burger Splatfest. Oh man, those were a mistake. x.x They were so bright and hard to tell apart; it was actually kind of painful on the eyes to play that Splatfest. It was even more painful editing the videos because Elgato made the colors even brighter. x.x I kind of get the feeling that this Splatfest is going to be equally as painful with this color scheme. I never did think of the color lock though... Probably would be a good idea for this Splatfest. x)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Damn, looks like Callie's in dire need of a chill pill. Marie as usual just doesn't give a ****, what with that "Bring it!" look on her face.

...this is gonna be one of those "mundane differences start a nuclear war" deals, isn't it?

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
So it seems that there is kind of a big rivalry with each side haha.
Some Miiverse posts I've seen are pretty interesting. I also decided to go with Kinoko no Yama to help out the popularity since it appears that Take no Ko no Sato will have a large majority.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADV0Z5-9ExsA

"N-... Nintendo...?! You are going to awaken a war...!!"

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADV0Z6hMg0dA

"I will kill the mushrooms"

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADV0Z6EFGx4Q

Callie: "Which team do you prefer Marie?"
Marie: "The only choice is Take no Ko no Sato"

Callie: "Excuse me... Could we turn off the camera?"

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADV0Z6D-FWWQ

Left Panel
"Bread vs. Rice Splatfest"

Right Panel
"Kinoko vs. Take no Ko Splatfest"

Last edited:

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Could some of you post some screenshots or videos of the ink colours, please? Seperatly or together. I'd love to see how the light yellow and light green looks like :)

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Splatfest results!
image.jpeg

Kinoko no Yama vs Take no Ko no Sato
37% Popularity 63%
52% Win Percentage 48%
Final Results
Kinoko no Yama 349
Take no Ko no Sato 351

Take no Ko had a pretty large advantage in popularity and despite losing the win percent, they still had enough to win this Splatfest.
A very close Splatfest however, wasn't there one that had pretty much the same results where one percent could have tied it?
(Maybe it's rigged like turf war percents when no one inks any turf :P)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, yeah, that extra 1% could've made all the difference in that Splatfest. A close one, indeed.

Diogo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supercanito
i don't know about the snacks but i know the game gets much more boring without the japanese playing with us. They are vital to this game, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom