.96 Gal Deco - Gear Abilities Discussion + What's the best weapon in Turf War?

s3w

Inkling
Hi squidboards!

1.) I heard the .96 Gal Deco is for now one of the best (or almost the best) weapon in the entire game throughout every category. Not it's just a Gal, it got Splash Wall & Kraken.

So for now, if you're a very experienced .96 Gal Deco player, what would be your "goal" gear ability set if you rerolled your gear set infinite times? What are the most important gear abilities to have...? Post your perfect gear set for the .96 Gal Deco and say why you think it's throughout the best combination possible for that weapon (Ranked Battle).

2.) Now returning to Standard Battle, what's for now the best weapon in Turf War and which gear set do you think is the best?

Discuss!

Jrdellx

Full Squid
#2 I like to use a ink brush for turf wars (I switch weapons with Moray Towers sometimes) The sub are mines :inkmine: with :bubbler:. What I try to do with my gear is to work with my :bubbler:. I Also want :ability_defenseup: Because I'm gonna have to get up close and personal to kill people. I also added :ability_damage: so I can get the job done faster or to counter there :ability_defenseup:. For my head gear I want :ability_damage: as main and if I get lucky 3 :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: or 3 :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge: It don't matter but you need 3 of each on one of your items. I want :ability_specialduration: so my bubbler will last longer and I want :ability_specialcharge: to get my :bubbler: faster. So now we have head gear that looks something like this... Main: :ability_damage: Sub::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: But now I still need that :ability_specialduration: so with my clothes. I need :ability_defenseup: so I'm gonna get a Shirt with :ability_defenseup: as main and if I'm lucky try to roll 3 :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge: on it. So far we have :ability_damage: and :ability_defenseup:, :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:, :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:. Now for my shoes. I know I will be using a lot of ink from my main weapon so I try to get :ability_inksavermain: as main. Now I want some speed because as a brush user I need to move around faster so I'm gonna try to roll :ability_swimspeed:. If we get lucky having shoes that look like this :ability_inksavermain: Main and 3 :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:. The full set should look like this in any order even if the abilities are not on what I said. You should try to copy close to it but it should look like this... :ability_damage::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:, :ability_defenseup::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:, :ability_inksavermain::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:. Yes I know are sub weapon are mines but its a sub weapon you wont use as much BUT you should use them in pathways, running away, etc. Don't forget about your mines!!!! :p I try to make my gear bring out it's strengths. This can all be change up and add things you might think are better.

JR

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
If you have skills you can just use random abilities. But nice to have all three minor abilities full, and avoid useless ones.

There is no 'best' weapon in turf wars. Play a bunch of different weapons and which one do you like and which suits your play style. If you are can't help splatting every player in close combat than .96 isn't for you. If you are happy to have 2hko from a distance than .96 is for you.

You won't cover a lot of ink with .96 but can splat from a good distance.

I see turf wars as owning the middle, splatting fools that try to come into middle, not allowing an opponent to get on your side and pushing hard into opponent territory in last 60 secs. But it also involves getting pawned by players with God like skills.

Silvaitos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Silvaitos
I'm a deco user. I like ink efficiency. You can see my mains just in my display picture there (that's a dark urban vest if it's not clear). It's not too hard to get krakens for when I need them, but I'm not as built to spam them as I could be. Generally, though, I just stack the bejeezus out of main saver and ink refill. I also make use of some sub savers. They're alright, each one saving about another shot's worth of ink after I put a wall down (which I use constantly), and I usually have to deal with them because of firefin gear. I'm also thinking of trying tenacity. Dunno if I'll like it, though.

Right now my subs are refill x4, main saver x1, sub saver x2, swim speed up and charge speed up. I'm thinking of rolling out the swim and charge speed since they don't give a huge benefit as a single ability but they could both be good en masse if I was building more for them. This from an S 40 perspective, with yes-squad battle but no-tournament experience.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I have fake contacts as the hat i normally use with the 96 deco. as secondary perks it has 2 special charge ups. It crazy how fast it can charge kraken, you are almost guaranteed one in the first 10 seconds of the match already putting you at a huge advantage. for my shirt i run the tentatek cold blooded shirt (you should have some ink recovery ups with all of those walls). I have also found that having ink resistance up while shooting doesnt make the largest difference in the world, but if you often flee from gunfights you'll need it desperately for a getaway. It could also very much benefit from a defense up. Im S+ 48 at the moment, as long as you play a bit more defensively with walls and master the range, you can become a huge threat

s3w

Inkling
Thank you for all the answers! So, in the end the .96 gal deco is a spacing weapon with 68 range... so after this, defense up is a very good choice to guarantee surviving.

So for now, I come down to this:

Mains: Ink Resistance, Cold Blooded, Ink Saver (Main)
Subs: 3x Special Charge Up, 3x Defense Up, 3x Ink Saver (Sub) (or rather Ink Recovery Up or even both?)

What do you think about this set? Does it have flaws at all?

The argument why I'd prefer Ink Saver (Sub) over Ink Recovery Up is when you put down Splash Wall you are often out on ink in general, so you have to refill by getting squid form (Ink Recovery Up). In this moment you could lose your momentum and something bad can happen because don't intimidate with gun shots. So otherwise with Ink Saver (Sub) you put down Splash Wall, have still enough ink to shoot 1-2 times, then go under the ink to refill and to orientate newly. Or doesn't do that much and/or did I forgot anything to consider?

/edit

Last edited:

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
you really wanna run ink recovery ups instead of saver main. Chances are with walls you will be able to do a quick fill up. Also this way if the wall gets destroyed fast you can drop another one.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
you really wanna run ink recovery ups instead of saver main. Chances are with walls you will be able to do a quick fill up. Also this way if the wall gets destroyed fast you can drop another one.
It's mostly preference. I would personally prefer ink saving abilities on the deco because most of the time I will want to be shooting behind walls for a longer period of time. Ink recovery up is valuable as well though.

LinkLuigi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LinkLuigi730
The .96 Gal is a weapon with great defensive and zoning options. Your splash wall, combined with the range of your weapon, is the main threat to your enemies. Due to this, you obviously want to focus on the Ink Saver abilities. In my opinion, the Ink Savers are better then Ink Recovery Up because when you use your splash walls, you do not want to immediately submerge in ink. Rather you want to shoot through and play defensively behind the splash wall for as long as you can. From my experience in running mainly the Ink Saver abilities, I have barely had any problems with setting up a new wall after the current one is inactive. But again as @River09 has stated, it is really your own preference with...
:ability_inksavermain: VS :ability_inkrecovery:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom