• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A+ and Up Squad

Ted

Inkling
NNID
Nugentwo
Tired of randoms bringing down your score? All A+, S, S+ Rank join us and you will always find a group who knows what they are doing in the various game modes.

nnid: Nugentwo
my location: Colorado, U.S.

Only add if you have reached A+

Manta

Senior Squid
Tired of randoms bringing down your score? All A+, S, S+ Rank join us and you will always find a group who knows what they are doing in the various game modes.

my location: Colorado, U.S.

Only add if you have reached A+
don't limit your squad to just A+ and up. I'm in A- (with another group so I'm not trying to get myself in) and I've played several S ranked squids who should go straight back to C-, and then I've also played several very skilled B's who should go to S.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
don't limit your squad to just A+ and up. I'm in A- (with another group so I'm not trying to get myself in) and I've played several S ranked squids who should go straight back to C-, and then I've also played several very skilled B's who should go to S.
Don't listen to this guy Ted. Any player worth anything can carry their way to A+.

Shinobi-Q

Inkling
NNID
Dark-Shinobi
Maybe they are having a bad day. As for people who are skill enough, then they will do make it to S rank unless they are facing off other opponent who are stronger than they. It just random.

Ted

Inkling
NNID
Nugentwo
Thanks for the replies. Look, I'm not talking about how skilled the other team is. I'm always number one on my team, but the random people I get paired with have no idea what they are doing, and can't hold their own in a fight. If you want to play with me, and win, add me and we will get S together... if the rest of the squad doesn't drag us down...

Manta

Senior Squid
Maybe they are having a bad day. As for people who are skill enough, then they will do make it to S rank unless they are facing off other opponent who are stronger than they. It just random.
Your argument works against itself. You admitted that there are good people below S which is what I was trying to say. (then they will do make it to S, implying that they aren't in S but are still good enough). Yes, they eventually will/should make to to S, but what if they haven't gotten to that point yet?
If those S ranks were having a "bad day" which was that bad then their "amazing days" must be the absolute minimum for getting into S (like there was a S ranked who didn't notice me super jump RIGHT BESIDE HIM, TWICE, and no I didn't have stealth jump on!).
Don't listen to this guy Ted. Any player worth anything can carry their way to A+.
Read above. What if a B+/A-/A is carrying their team every game but hasn't reached A+ yet? Does that make them any worse than someone who is already in A+?

I'm just trying to give some (hopefully friendly) advice to @Ted that if he wants a really good team that can take him to S, play people who want to join YOURSELF (1vs1, twin squads etc.), find out if YOU think they are good, don't guess their skill level based off of their rank.

Last edited:

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
What if a B+/A-/A is carrying their team every game but hasn't reached A+ yet? Does that make them any worse than someone who is already in A+?.
Yes, it does. They're obviously not doing something right.

Manta

Senior Squid
Yes, it does. They're obviously not doing something right.
But those A+'s at one point were A. You misunderstanding me, I was talking about the B+/A-/A's that are on their way to A+ just haven't reached it yet for one reason or another, you were A once, does that mean that while you were in A you weren't worth anything or you were doing something wrong solely because you hadn't reached A+ yet?
Any player worth anything can carry their way to A+.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
But those A+'s at one point were A. You misunderstanding me, I was talking about the B+/A-/A's that are on their way to A+ just haven't reached it yet for one reason or another, you were A once, does that mean that while you were in A you weren't worth anything or you were doing something wrong solely because you hadn't reached A+ yet?
If someone were A and they could honestly get to A+, they should go get it. I was A at one point but that only lasted about 10 games. The fact that it didn't take me only 7-8 meant I was doing something wrong but I inevitably hit A+. An A- on his way to A+ will only see A- as a momentary stop in their journey.

Basically what I'm saying is if a team is asking for A+ and you can't carry your way to A+, don't waste their ****in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom