• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Clarification on Loadouts [Original question solved]

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
I would have been surprised if they had, but as I mentioned in my original post, Corey, a Nintendo employee, said something in a video that made it seem like one possibility. Hence I started this thread to try and make sure. It will be interesting, and quite odd, if they control the shop that heavily. I hope it doesn't lead to missing a loadout that I really want and not seeing it again for weeks.

Setu

Hopefully it was meant that available weapons don't pass by, but more and more a just being added.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Huh. You know, I hadn't considered that. That's an interesting thought...Like seeing a Sniper or a Scout in TF2. They can have lots of different stuff, but you know they're both squishy, one's fast and short ranged, and the other is good at a distance.
So today's Direct confirmed that weapon sets exist @ ~12:40:

Here's some screen grabs of Weapon Sets from the Direct. You'll see that different brands of the same gun type look like they'll have the same stats for the main weapon but different sub and special weapons.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that individual weapon sets can't be edited, but there may exist a different brand of the Main Weapon that includes a loadout you'd want to include in your own customized weapon set anyway. There also might not be the exact set that you want, but at that point it's up to Nintendo to release DLC weapon sets that suit your exact tastes.

Setu

I'm pretty sure weapon brand doesn't/won't determine the sub/special weapons in the loadout, or at least I hope not.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
So far all evidence points to yes. The direct showed the Splatter Shot, no brand, with what we have consistently seen in recent videos. Burst Bomb + Bomb Rush. We have seen the Tentatek Splattershot a few times too, and it always had Suction Bomb, Inkzooka. So I am pretty sure that my prior deduction was correct, and that @Citanul is as well.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
So today's Direct confirmed that weapon sets exist @ ~12:40:

Here's some screen grabs of Weapon Sets from the Direct. You'll see that different brands of the same gun type look like they'll have the same stats for the main weapon but different sub and special weapons.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that individual weapon sets can't be edited, but there may exist a different brand of the Main Weapon that includes a loadout you'd want to include in your own customized weapon set anyway. There also might not be the exact set that you want, but at that point it's up to Nintendo to release DLC weapon sets that suit your exact tastes.
Giving them brands would be a good way to quickly tell sets apart, so a Tentatek Splattershot would always have the Suction Bomb/Inkzooka, but a [Squid Pun] Splattershot will have the...Enemy Tracker as a sub and Kraken as it's special. I'm really just throwing out mixes here, but the gist of what I'm saying is that Brands could be used to mark weapon sets that have no sub/special common with non Brand weapon sets. Because they don't provide any change in stats, this is all I can really see as a possibility, UNLESS you get some kind of hidden bonus for having everything belong to the same brand.

Or im totally wrong and its just cosmetic idk

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I think you're right on the money Citanul, people will be able to find a loadout they like better through branded weapons but might not be able to find their ideal set. I don't think they'll do any brand bonuses for using stuff all of the same brand, but it could happen.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
You know, this reminds me a lot of the Brands in Borderlands, though those were a bit more extreme.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
I think you're right on the money Citanul, people will be able to find a loadout they like better through branded weapons but might not be able to find their ideal set. I don't think they'll do any brand bonuses for using stuff all of the same brand, but it could happen.

Thanks! I can't take credit for the idea, of course. Niliks and Pivi (and I'm sure others. Feeling too lazy to look back right now) had the same idea and even some evidence too. I just wanted to point out there was some more evidence from the Direct today.

A brand bonus would make sense but I don't want to worry about it. I'm happy that clothes can be rerolled so it's nice that I don't have to sacrifice style to min max

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'm happy that clothes can be rerolled so it's nice that I don't have to sacrifice style to min max
Yeah I'm very happy to see that, here's hoping super snails aren't too hard to get. So far the only way we know to get them is winning a splat fest, but I'm sure there's going to be way more ways than that.

Setu

Alright, I can see brands determining the loadout as I see a huge variety of brands in the direct. And yes, there is tentatec clothing as well as weapons.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Yeah I'm very happy to see that, here's hoping super snails aren't too hard to get. So far the only way we know to get them is winning a splat fest, but I'm sure there's going to be way more ways than that.
I really hope that's not the only way since the first splat fest isn't until June 20th for NA... (Japan's is 1 week earlier :scared:)

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I already posted this somewhere else in the forum but just seen this thread and figured I'd drop it here too, different brands do manafacture the same weapons with their own "stamp" and change the sub and special. In the splat zones previews they had the Tentatek Splattershot and Krak-On Roller (image).

I feel like that other image is old and not actually reflective of what is in the game right now, mostly sure that a weapon won't have different special/subs unless it has the "stamp" of another brand.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Well since this is the first image I have seen of a brand for any weapon other than the Splattershot, it's a great example either way.

Last edited:

Setu

Well since this is the first image I have seen of a brand for anything other than the Splattershot, it's a great example either way.
There are TONS of brands shown in the direct with the clothing, and tentatek and Krak-on are brands for clothing AND weapons.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Oh, sorry, that wasn't clear. I mean we hadn't seen any of the other branded weapons yet. I had seen the clothing brands and guessed they must be there for weps, but we hadn't seen other branded-weapons yet in particular.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
From this screenshot of the shop it's clear that the item selected will have the orange cursor over it, which makes me wonder what the purple blotch of ink behind the splat charger could signify. Perhaps it means that there's a sale on the item?

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
From this screenshot of the shop it's clear that the item selected will have the orange cursor over it, which makes me wonder what the purple blotch of ink behind the splat charger could signify. Perhaps it means that there's a sale on the item?
It's from the customization menu, not the shop, the purple splat is the currently equipped item I believe.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
It's from the customization menu, not the shop, the purple splat is the currently equipped item I believe.
I don't know why I assumed that was the shop, since there isn't anything that shows the amount of funds you have. You're probably spot-on about the menu, I don't know what else it could be (considering we've already seen the menus for equipment abilities).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom