• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A futile attempt to rig splatfest

shane3x

Full Squid
The Internet likes cats right? Meme's and all that. If everyone just joins cats we can make splatfest one sided so more people will get more sea snails!

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
While cats can be better than dogs I like dogs more.

How can I not love big dumb baby dog.

This dog was even born with eyebrows. So he looks confused all the time!

Adorable!

image.jpg

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Stop trying to rig these things. It ruins the fun of it all.
That is implying one forum that makes up probably less than 10% of the population of the game can "rig" this.

If we all picked the same side, it really wouldn't matter.

Cats4lyfe tho

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Don't remind me of Splatfest. I own a cat and a dog, and I'm gonna have to choose between the two for this. It's not gonna be pleasant... I guess I choose the one that angers me the least in the days before the Splatfest...?

As for rigging it, does it matter too much? I remember from the direct that based on your "rank" in the splatfest alone, you can be awarded super sea snails, you do not necessarily need to be on the winning side from what I recall.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
The winning side gets extra snails.
Though I think rigging it would ruin the fun of it. Yes this forum does not have enough people to really rig the splatfest..but why would you even try it then? I think we should be happy that there are things like splatfest and we should just enjoy it and choose our real favorite.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Don't remind me of Splatfest. I own a cat and a dog, and I'm gonna have to choose between the two for this. It's not gonna be pleasant... I guess I choose the one that angers me the least in the days before the Splatfest...?
Just choose the one that's losing and try to make it even. If that gives you peace of mind. One person can only do so much however.

I don't really care who wins, both pets can be great. I just want the sisters to sing and the environment to change!

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Just choose the one that's losing and try to make it even. If that gives you peace of mind. One person can only do so much however.

I don't really care who wins, both pets can be great. I just want the sisters to sing and the environment to change!
Sadly, it'll only last for about 24 hours (iirc).

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'm still going with dogs. As much as I love cats...I've always owned dogs, and I'm not going to be a traitor to mine! We're going to win! >:3

IkaMusume2012

Inkling
Wait, what? Since when do you get to choose a team in any of the modes? I heard about this during the testfire, but I haven't actually chosen a team in-game yet, as far as I remember...I'm confused! D:
Team Cats, though. All the way!

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
It's during splatfest. It's an event. 20th of June for NA 27th of June for EU.
You'll have to choose between Cats and Dogs in NA and you'll be rewarded with Sea Snails depending on how well you did. If your team wins the splatfest, you'll get extra sea snails. (It's 24 hours)

obscurica

Full Squid
NNID
obscurica
I wonder if there's a modifier for the side that gets less votes? Otherwise, there really is a lot to gain to try and rig these things. More people = greater average # of wins = everybody gets snails.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
The winner of Splat Fests get one extra Sea snail. Just one. I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel like cheating on a game I actually like over that. You'll get far more Sea Snails by ranking up.

Wait, hold on a sec. These splatfests work by pitting the teams against each other, right? Group together a random bunch of Team Pop against a random bunch of Team Rock (in europe's case). Doesn't that mean that, if you are part of the more popular choice, you will get fewer matches than someone that picked the less popular one? Doesn't that mean that, if you want easy Sea Snail farming, you should go with the option that is more likely to lose?

Eh, whatever. Just, please don't do this. Please do not pick a team on the likelihood of said team winning. I've seen that happen with too many games, and I'd hate to see it happen here. Ruins all the fun of these events.

Technocrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Technocrow
Oh that's right I forgot Splatfest is this Wednesday! I always liked cats better so I suppose that's the side I'll choose. As much as I would like to rig splatfest so everyone can win, that takes away some of the fun.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Cats are just gonna win anyway. It ruins the fun to try and cheat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom