A lament: Old Urchin Underpass

JimmyJombo

Inkling
NNID
Smoogyweirdo
I like the new Urchin, sure I do. But it is so different from the original that it is essentially a new map. The only part that is really unchanged is the small area around the spawn point. The middle of the map is a completely new place.
I like this new map but just give it a different name and setting perhaps and behold- 2 maps instead of 1!

I liked old urchin because it was a tight, closed room- a Splat Zone if you will...
A place of high splattage, a place where I had many fun battles, taking many foes out with the inkzooka.

Maybe, one day, they'll bring back Classic Urchin Underpass, and those that remember can relive those inky days of yore....

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I like the new Urchin, sure I do. But it is so different from the original that it is essentially a new map. The only part that is really unchanged is the small area around the spawn point. The middle of the map is a completely new place.
I like this new map but just give it a different name and setting perhaps and behold- 2 maps instead of 1!

I liked old urchin because it was a tight, closed room- a Splat Zone if you will...
A place of high splattage, a place where I had many fun battles, taking many foes out with the inkzooka.

Maybe, one day, they'll bring back Classic Urchin Underpass, and those that remember can relive those inky days of yore....
Some would argue that it was too easy to snatch the middle section and box the opponents in all match and that this was a fix for that, especially with the new weapons and modes being added. I understand people missing it, though.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I think old Underpass is still in the Battle Dojo, so it's not gone forever!

I had good times on that map, but also very bad times. I think the new layout is for the best.

Macaque

Inkster Jr.
NNID
R-Gray-S
I used to love the old one but it was far too easy to abuse the choke. A turf war usually ended up with one team or the other trapped inside their base, which really isn't the sign of a balanced map. The map was all about who gets the first kills. I can totally see why they changed it.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
While I like New Underpass a lot, I think it would be beneficial to still have the option to play the old version in private lobbies. It's true, everyone who played this game since release will miss Old Underpass at least a little. We grew up with it somehow ;)

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
The thing I miss most, is the tree near the spawn. It has been removed and relocated to the middle of the map. All that remains, is an empty tree patch :'(
If they would put back the tree near the spawn, I would be so much happier.

Also, Battle Dojo sucks big time. Lower FPS (game pad), and limited choice. But yea, it indeed still has the original Urchin Underpass.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
My only problem with the new one is that the two trees in the middle can be very annoying in Splatzones. Especially for my play style where I am constantly using the suction bomb barrage, as they get in the way. Otherwise, I prefer larger maps, and new Urchin Underpass is pretty huge, making it a lot of fun to play in.

I miss the old one, but I don't deny it had some design flaws, the choke point abuse others have mentioned could be annoying at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom