• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Little Background

Shamie

Inkling
NNID
Shamie
I decided to make a new thread to share my background. Forewarning: I'm not looking for sympathy; what's done is done. Might've put this in the wrong section and if I did I'm sorry.

I was a little over a pound (four-hundred and ninety-eight grams) and three months early at birth. Might not seem like much but what followed really shaped who I am.

I had retinopathy of prematurity. Long story short, I have no vision in my left eye, a 20/60 acuity in my right (without corrections), and no depth perception.

The happy part is I don't let this ruin my life. Video games are what connect me to regular people. Although people may not know what I'm like or my story, I enjoy it. Playing video games brings me happiness. Although I get frustrated when I don't do as well I just think that I'll get better. I'm critical of myself a lot and I compare myself to able seeing people. I really shouldn't. I am who I am.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
It's great that you're not letting your vision get in the way. You can enjoy life with or without it. Thanks for sharing your story by the way. :3

Shamie

Inkling
NNID
Shamie
I'm a little iffy about sharing stuff like this because I don't want backlash that's negative. I'm happy to hear support here is positive.

@shy Now you in now why it was so easy to shoot me. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom