A Little Background

Shamie

Inkling
NNID
Shamie
I decided to make a new thread to share my background. Forewarning: I'm not looking for sympathy; what's done is done. Might've put this in the wrong section and if I did I'm sorry.

I was a little over a pound (four-hundred and ninety-eight grams) and three months early at birth. Might not seem like much but what followed really shaped who I am.

I had retinopathy of prematurity. Long story short, I have no vision in my left eye, a 20/60 acuity in my right (without corrections), and no depth perception.

The happy part is I don't let this ruin my life. Video games are what connect me to regular people. Although people may not know what I'm like or my story, I enjoy it. Playing video games brings me happiness. Although I get frustrated when I don't do as well I just think that I'll get better. I'm critical of myself a lot and I compare myself to able seeing people. I really shouldn't. I am who I am.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
It's great that you're not letting your vision get in the way. You can enjoy life with or without it. Thanks for sharing your story by the way. :3

Shamie

Inkling
NNID
Shamie
I'm a little iffy about sharing stuff like this because I don't want backlash that's negative. I'm happy to hear support here is positive.

@shy Now you in now why it was so easy to shoot me. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom