• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A question to 99☆ players.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Hello there. I realize it may be a bit early to ask, but I've seen people who've risen to 99☆ already. Some of them may be here.

I have a pretty simple question: Do you have to avoid Judd to maintain your level?

Why am I asking such a silly question? Easy. When I hit level 99 and talked to Judd, he reset me to 1☆ without any questions asked. I had no option to say No. Ever since then I've been wondering: What if you are 99☆ but obviously want to keep it? Does it just reset you back to 1☆ as it did at 99 when you talk to Judd on accident? Because according to Nintendo, you can just reset back to 1☆ again once you hit 99☆. And if you can not say Yes/No, it would mean you could lose all your work by one accidental missclick...

It would be silly if it was true and you cannot talk to Judd ever again because you have to worry he might reset you...

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Considering he gives you Snails, I don't see why you would avoid him even if he resets your level back to star-1. That and you can't continue grinding for snails if you can't level.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Considering he gives you Snails, I don't see why you would avoid him even if he resets your level back to star-1. That and you can't continue grinding for snails if you can't level.
I would argue that you've collected plenty of Snails by the time you made it to 99☆ and probably have all the pures and otherwise tailored gear you could want. And taking that into account, resetting back 9,9 million of Exp just to get more snails you'll likely not need seems a bad trade to me.

Of course you can see it differently. Collecting snails is always a fair point and a lot of people may agree and find that more important than having your battle scars visible forever. But I simply don't have time to do it all over again. 99☆ would be a major achievment to me while that may be not so for other players with more time on their hands. That's really the reason why I ask: Don't wanna lose it on accident if I ever get there.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, honestly, getting to star-1 is already a huge investment of time, so for me personally I wouldn't really care if I get reset back after hitting 99-star. It doesn't matter for me anyway because I'll never ever make it to 99-star anyway since that takes an absurd about of time. Honestly, how much time would that take? About 1000 hours at least? That's if you focus on the main 4v4 modes and use your EXP up waffles a lot.

I really don't see star-1 players as any more skilled or different than star-99 players. At that point, any change you go through is pretty minimal.

And IDK, I think getting one Snail per level is slow enough. If you go from 1-star to 99-star that's only about 100 snails. I just spent about 35 snails earlier today. Gone in a few minutes. There's new gear coming up too.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I ran into my first 99☆ player last night. They did really well in one game but not in the next three (and of course they were on the opposing team from me every time...). Be proud of your rank, your power rating, and your contribution to the team.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Thread deviated a little bit, but same as the above. I run into high rank, and high star rank players occasionally who aren't better than me, or aren't by much. It's fair to call me an A- player on my good days.

If I had the time to make it up that high, I'd probly start avoiding Judd too. Do you really need the extra snails at the point? Then again, I might not pay it much mind. 1000% Fresh is the badge that I have too much time on my hands. I'd rather people notice my rank than my lvl (even if it isn't that high).

Superpudds

Inkling
NNID
Superpudds
I heard that it shows up on Splatnet 2 if you roll your level back to 1*

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Thanks for all the posts, even though some derailing did happen. : -P

The question has been answered implicitly in this youtube video. He does reset you again with no questsions asked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom