• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A return to form

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
To all the comp splat players on twitter it is time to return to where we came. We can post free with actual discussion and no longer be out to ratio fools and other silly stuff. We must continue our future here to truly ascend the growth of the scene. If u came here from linked post say hi ;]
WE ARE SO BACK WE ARE SO BACK WE ARE SO BACK WE ARE SO BACK

EnbySquid

Inkling
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
Found this from Gem, what an exciting development!

Splatoon discussion and announcements have been the primary thing still keeping me coming back to Twitter from time to time, so I really hope we can get some true momentum going over here.

Eunity

Inkling
To all the comp splat players on twitter it is time to return to where we came. We can post free with actual discussion and no longer be out to ratio fools and other silly stuff. We must continue our future here to truly ascend the growth of the scene. If u came here from linked post say hi ;]
This is my first official day here. Having been part of the Smash community for years, this feels very cozy and a welcome home for the community. I hope the future here will be bright!

Offbeet

Inkling
NNID
Offbeatyoukaiman
Switch Friend Code
SW-2942-9802-6501
Dunno how active I'll be here, but I'm glad I'm taking part in this new wave

awaitlink

Inkling
Unironically:
- ease of access / use (forums are still clunky)
- larger userbase to get new players into the fold
- it was mainly Discord that killed Squidboards tbh
And I think Discord servers likely aren't going anywhere anytime soon, at least for VC. They're also easier/simpler to use than a forum. Plus for notifications - apart from email I'm not seeing options even for browser notifications here unfortunately, which is kinda inconvenient.

All that said, even though I've not really participated in any Twitter discussion on any topic, I would use a forum like this for that anyday... and it's not just Splatoon. As someone coming from being deeply ingrained in a tech community, Twitter's just the same for them: not really usable for any kind of reasonable discussion. I've not tried the numerous Twitter alternatives but honestly I'm not really expecting much different from them in the long term. That's just how it feels.

Would appreciate though if there was a way to make this forum's theme (optionally) less bright/contrasty - it makes it a bit difficult to focus on actual content. Maybe there's an option for that though and I just haven't noticed it 😅

Jamy

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8252-0134-4635
i lost my old account is sad but hopefully we all move over

gigamoon

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0627-3960-0508

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom