A small thing that I think is a problem with Saltspray Rig

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Hmm...I dunno. That layout makes me think of the old Urchin Underpass a little bit. You know, where you would lock out the other team in their own base with small space to go through.

I see what you're going for, but some reason it just makes the map kinda crowded now.
I think Lockout is a problem inherent to Saltspray even as is. You're right that simply changing the design to rotational symmetry may not alleviate this at all. Possible improvements could be, to change the path of the suspended platform to be from the far right and far left platforms to the center (there'd be 2 of them now), or maybe even better, that other Inkrail upgrade suggestion.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hmm... I have an idea. Swap the top and bottom areas, then double the map and move the spawn points to the ends of the map. Leave the old spawn platforms where they were, but put an inkable wall underneath the little arms that lead to that old lower area, and place grates that connect the long side paths to the old center area's sniper towers...

I could demonstrate this better if I had some visuals. Let's try this:
NewSprayRig.png

So this came out a little differently than I visualized, but it's still workable for me. The areas outlined in blue are where there would be inkable walls, providing near-direct access to the old spawns. The spaces outlined in yellow indicate where the grates would go; in my mind, these are there mostly for mobility reasons, allowing more room to move around. Those white arrows are supposed to show that the areas outlined in white are to be moved (I'd do it myself, but then the picture would look weird). It's kinda hard to notice, but the red outlines denote objects to be removed entirely. (Except for the one meant to be a yellow outline.) I did neglect to really move the spawns, but their locations should be obvious.

I'm thinking some of the boxes in the center are gonna have to go, and some barriers added in certain spots to prevent charger cheese/removed for redundancy. I'm not 100% certain of either yet, though.
And just for ****s 'n' giggles, put Callie's spa in the center of the map.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Hmm... I have an idea. Swap the top and bottom areas, then double the map and move the spawn points to the ends of the map. Leave the old spawn platforms where they were, but put an inkable wall underneath the little arms that lead to that old lower area, and place grates that connect the long side paths to the old center area's sniper towers...

I could demonstrate this better if I had some visuals. Let's try this:
View attachment 3050
So this came out a little differently than I visualized, but it's still workable for me. The areas outlined in blue are where there would be inkable walls, providing near-direct access to the old spawns. The spaces outlined in yellow indicate where the grates would go; in my mind, these are there mostly for mobility reasons, allowing more room to move around. Those white arrows are supposed to show that the areas outlined in white are to be moved (I'd do it myself, but then the picture would look weird). It's kinda hard to notice, but the red outlines denote objects to be removed entirely. (Except for the one meant to be a yellow outline.) I did neglect to really move the spawns, but their locations should be obvious.

I'm thinking some of the boxes in the center are gonna have to go, and some barriers added in certain spots to prevent charger cheese/removed for redundancy. I'm not 100% certain of either yet, though.
And just for ****s 'n' giggles, put Callie's spa in the center of the map.
i like to try that map out, lol

Ott

Inkster Jr.
What exactly is right side peeking? I'm new to this.

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
What exactly is right side peeking? I'm new to this.
In all shooter games, you're generally right handed, which means that your bullets comes from the right side of your body, so when shooting behind cover, you don't have to expose as much of your body, and therefore your hurtbox when you "peek" out the right side of cover.

With most shooters the bullet usually comes out of your right eye or near that, since the bullet is small enough that you wouldn't be able to tell where it actually comes from. With splatoon however, since you're shooting giant ink projectiles, the bullets have to come out your gun, which amplifies this effect even more.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I kinda like that in turf, the map has a built in "objective." Control and defend the back, while inkling enough of the rest of the stage to ensure a win. There is something fun, and really tense about being alone in the back area, and having to fight off multiple enemies. It's like a Splatoon "Horde mode" or survival mode you see in other shooters. It sucks when the enemies break through at the last second, and take the win, but you can do the same if you are being shut out of the back yourself.

Ott

Inkster Jr.
In all shooter games, you're generally right handed, which means that your bullets comes from the right side of your body, so when shooting behind cover, you don't have to expose as much of your body, and therefore your hurtbox when you "peek" out the right side of cover.

With most shooters the bullet usually comes out of your right eye or near that, since the bullet is small enough that you wouldn't be able to tell where it actually comes from. With splatoon however, since you're shooting giant ink projectiles, the bullets have to come out your gun, which amplifies this effect even more.
Ah, okay. I've never played any other shooters, Splatoon is my first one. Thanks.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I kinda like that in turf, the map has a built in "objective." Control and defend the back, while inkling enough of the rest of the stage to ensure a win. There is something fun, and really tense about being alone in the back area, and having to fight off multiple enemies. It's like a Splatoon "Horde mode" or survival mode you see in other shooters. It sucks when the enemies break through at the last second, and take the win, but you can do the same if you are being shut out of the back yourself.
yeah i do like it in tw, in rank, not so much (Like rig tc the best out of the rig rank maps, to me that is not too bad)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom