• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Stick User? Gasp.

Sasy

Inkling
NNID
aWanderingArtist
Hello, all! The name's Sasy, nice to meet you all. Decided to make an account here, even though I prefer lurking.

I am a Splatterscope / Gold Dynamo main, but here's the catch~...

I use stick controls. Not motion. And I do just fine. I also don't run any Damage Ups on my Splatterscope; I stick with the traditional sniping method of fully charging, ahaha. Currently, I'm at S 80, and once I find the time, I am going to practice and try to reach S+ sometime soon. I hope I can, to prove a lot of things.
Er, please don't send me a random friend request out of blue, at least ask me first so I know who you are. My favourite mode is Rainmaker, so feel free to always ask me to squad during then~

Anyways, there was my short introduction. Once again, it's nice to meet you all and to be here ~

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
Welcome!

I've never tried stick controls, and realistically probably won't at this point, but it definitely seems like people can find success with them.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
Hi nice to see someone using stick you can give some good tips to those who like stick
YES another sniper who doesn't run damage ups out of curiosity what do you use?

Sasy

Inkling
NNID
aWanderingArtist
Short Beanie (My "signature" item of clothing, I'm never without it.)
Main: Ink Saver Main
Sub: Ink Saver Main x2
Run Speed Up x1

As for my other clothing, I tend to change it up a lot. I almost always have Ink Recovery Up though. (Schoolgirl Outfit, Purple Sea Slugs).
For modes such as Rainmaker, I tend to run Swim Speed Up. In other modes, I use Special Charge Up or Special Saver clothes that I have :P
Er, but yeah. I'm mostly never without Ink Recovery Up, it helps a lot, especially with Splat Bombs.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Welcome!

Having gotten to S+ using only stick controls myself, I think we've both gotten the point across that stick users have no problem going against the majority of motion controlled players.

Sasy

Inkling
NNID
aWanderingArtist
Heh, that's true. I just don't like seeing, "I want to see a charger do well with stick controls."
And then I'm there like, "H-Hi..?"

Stick controls aren't impossible to play with.. they're no different, other than the fact that they're less... motion-y. Anyways, on topic here,
I'm curious, what sensitivity do you use, @Hero of Lime? Personally, I use -2. The camera is a lot more easier to move, and I get those "flick-snipes", I believe the term is, easily enough. But, of course, having a lower sensitivity sometimes hurts, and I've been meaning to slowly start increasing it.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Heh, that's true. I just don't like seeing, "I want to see a charger do well with stick controls."
And then I'm there like, "H-Hi..?"

Stick controls aren't impossible to play with.. they're no different, other than the fact that they're less... motion-y. Anyways, on topic here,
I'm curious, what sensitivity do you use, @Hero of Lime? Personally, I use -2. The camera is a lot more easier to move, and I get those "flick-snipes", I believe the term is, easily enough. But, of course, having a lower sensitivity sometimes hurts, and I've been meaning to slowly start increasing it.
+1 or +2 I believe, it's been a while since I changed it. I decided I should train myself to be able to move the camera faster, usually for those moments where I felt I had lost a firefight due to my own slow movement. I definitely recommend increasing the sensitivity. Just make it a gradual increase, as it can be jarring at first, and you will most likely experience a little trouble aiming. However, in the long run I feel it improved my skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom