• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A team with the same weapon

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I once ended up on teams of 3 Krack-On-Rollers twice in a row against, a 52 Gal, a 96 Gal, a Tenatek, and a E-Liter. Bad time to use the Inkbrush.

Also once lost to 4 Aerospray RG's on Kelp Dome.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
me and my squad fought a team against Blaster boyz (2 custom blasters a regular blaster and a Ranged Blaster)

we won though lol

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
There is an S/S+ Japanese team that likes to run up to 4 Splooshes with Quick Respawn and Quick Super Jump on some rotations (sometimes they'll use other weapons with Beacons).

They just keep pushing until one of them gets behind your lines, drops a spawn beacon, and all of a sudden their territories and beacons start spreading like a zombie apocalypse because they're just persistently dropping in like ODST's. It's actually VERY overwhelming once they start gaining any momentum, even if you know what they're doing. It can be even crazier on Tower Control when they just keep alternating super jump-ins to the tower too often for you to be able to actually move the tower away from your side.

Some of the better "everyone use the same weapon" teams tend to have one wildcard, which is usually a Charger in S rank Squads. Something like E-Liter + 3 Tentateks can be a strong, flexible team setup because of how much gear freedom Tentatek has. Players who stack the same weapon who are very passionate, knowledgeable, and skilled with said weapon tend to be alarmingly strong and you usually have to change your playstyle completely to deal with it.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I've been on an all tentatek teams before, also up against all roller teams. It just depends on the map whether it gives our weapon an advantage.

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
Sometimes my squad and I like to go all Rapid Blaster. It's mostly just for trolling but we've actually been getting better at using them.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Back when the Splatlings were new I ended up on a full team of Heavy Splatlings vs another team of Splatlings

Lots of splash walls and Ink strikes were thrown around we won but the map at the end looked like a piece of abstract art in the end

Back when the Splatlings were new I ended up on a full team of Heavy Splatlings vs another team of Splatlings

Lots of splash walls and Ink strikes were thrown around we won but the map at the end looked like a piece of abstract art in the end
Does the map not always look like abstract art?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Does the map not always look like abstract art?
If i took a screenshot and fixed it up I'm pretty sure I ccould've made money off it

Another was during a splatfest on Moray Towers I thought to myself "I haven't used my S Charger in a while."
I join a match and what do I get? A full team of chargers vs a varied team of a 96 gal, a kraken roller, and 2 aerosprays one MG and another RG. Needless to say we got rekt

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Went up against a team of 3 Aerospray RG's and an N-ZAP 89' during that same splatfest, and despite getting inkstriked constantly, we won.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From my experience, a team with multiple Heavy Splatlings struggles to assault the enemy's turf :(

Oddly enough, a team with 2 E-Liters can basically make an area unreachable without Specials :confused:

I've fought a team of three Heavy Splatlings and took them all out myself, it's like I'm playing as the scout from TF2 and took out all three heavies at once, it's a weapon that is mostly a defensive role, but more variants of it will come soon.

Two E-liters are more then enough to push the opponet back, I was on a team a few of them a couple times and even went up against some of them, they're pretty good at keeping a area locked.
Now a team of four of them would be interesting.

That's one insane match there, I've fought a few team of rollers myself, usually it's the rollers that has a variety of subs and specials that can win out in the end.
Then there was another time, 8 splatlings. Splatoon is a REALLY competitive game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom