A weird bug I found

Toasty17

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5404-5275-4907
This bug was discovered on Inkblot Art Academy while using the Eliter 4K. I was standing on top of the center tower and placed an inkmine. I tried to place another inkmine, but it was too close and wouldn’t let me. I back away farther while still holding down the R button and released, but nothing happened. I tried to perform any actions, even going to squid form, but I could only walk around the stage. If I walked closer to where I tried to place the second inkmine, my screen would darken around the edges and zoom in, like when you hold R. After the game finished, I went into the training room and noticed my controls weren’t functioning properly. Upon pressing ZR, the Eliter would begin to charge even though I wasn’t holding down the button. Once charged, tapping ZR again would fire. Similarly, I could toggle between squid and kid form by tapping ZL. This persisted even after leaving and re-entering the training room. I tried to go to the home menu on my switch but the weird controls persisted there as well. It was as if by tapping any button, that button was held until pressed again. My controls only returned to normal after a hard reset of the switch. Just to note this was all done in docked mode with a fully charged console and an almost fully charged pro controller. I have yet to successfully replicate this bug.

the

Inkling Commander
Were you using a pro controller or detached joycons? Also, when did you get your switch?

I’ve heard that joycons bundled with switches at launch are sometimes faulty, and the buttons can sometimes stick/malfunction when the controllers are detached and too far from the system.

As for the camera auto-scoping near your ink mine, I’ve got nothing

Toasty17

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5404-5275-4907
I was using a pro controller and switch which were both bought about 3 months after release, after the faulty joycon incident was over.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom