• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

a

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
The N-Zaps have good fire rate, medium range, and good mobility. The 85 is the more balanced with echolocator and splat bombs, while the 89 can gather turf like crazy with inkstrike and sprinkler.

I recommend focusing on :ability_specialcharge::ability_tenacity: and :ability_specialsaver: (Echolocator is great everywhere, Inkstrike spam is good on Turf War and Splat Zones) as well as :ability_runspeed: and :ability_swimspeed: (can't have too much mobility, allows you to circle opponents well.)

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I've been trying out the nozzlenoses recently and I'd suggest those as well; they're tremendously precise, have almost dual squelcher/pro/.96 range, and if you can keep a cool head in the middle of a fight, proper timing will net you near-aerospray fire rate with a 4 hit kill. I've also had a thing for disruptors, but if you snag a bit of damage up you can make fantastic use of the burst bombs the L-3 D comes with.

With both you'll want to crank up the run speed, as the mobility on these things is fantastic. Also ink resistance is almost essential for this weapon, at least for me. Both can also make good use of bomb range up if you want to commit a main slot to that.
On the D you'll want some swim speed for the Kraken and some damage up to augment the burst bombs and net you a direct hit + single pellet splat. (I think you need 3 subs or one main for this). Boost that to 6 subs/2 main/1 main + 3 subs and you can land 99.9 damage with three pellets, which is enough to splat in one trigger pull if they've been in your ink at all. L-3 D is also more Ink hungry, so ink recovery might help more than you'd think.

For the record, I've heard that this weapon is most efficient when trigger pulls are at 180 BPM, though I've not tested this myself.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The L3-D is pretty amazing if you can keep a steady aim while trigger mashing. It inks well and outranges other mid-range shooters. Burst bombs also increase the ease of splats as a volley and burst bomb is sometimes easier than two volleys.

The Dual Squelcher is pretty amazing. Good range, decent coverage, good sub, amazing special. A bit low on the time-to-kill, but you can usually mitigate that by staying at your effective range. I find the only problems I have with it are skilled .96 Deco users.

The tentatek is widely considered the most balanced weapon in the game. It is a mid-range weapon but has a quick time-to-kill, good coverage, good efficiency, great zoning sub, and powerful special (which helps the range). It would be a good idea to at least know how this weapon plays so that you can effectively strategize for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom