Abilities Stack

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster

sounds like you can get really creative with your loadout, now that we know this

personally, i'm going to try and stack defense up and run speed up and turn this game into quake :cool:. really though, that sounds like a good build for direct firefights

hopefully only some perks stack, though, but i think the perks look pretty balanced. here's the list of them:

Gsnap

Full Squid
NNID
FJUrban
Interested to see what comes of this. Could be really cool to specialize your build to one specific job.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?

sounds like you can get really creative with your loadout, now that we know this

personally, i'm going to try and stack defense up and run speed up and turn this game into quake :cool:. really though, that sounds like a good build for direct firefights

hopefully only some perks stack, though, but i think the perks look pretty balanced. here's the list of them:

http://squidboards.com/threads/splatoon-q-a.907/#post-18514
This was posted 3 er so hours ago
No need to repost already posted topics.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
These look fun to mess around with, are these all of the abilities or are there more?

Sharkpuncher

Inkling
This is really cool! I assumed that they wouldn't because it would be harder to balance that way... I wonder if there's a cap on how many abilities will stack. If not, it's gonna be really interesting to see what 12 speed boosting abilities might look like.

Perfect Stealth

Inkster Jr.
Geez, that's crazy.

So, theoretically, you could 12 stack a single ability? Seems a bit much. On the other hand, only boosting up one single stat could make you incredibly unbalanced in comparison to everyone else.

Hinichii.ez.™

Geez, that's crazy.

So, theoretically, you could 12 stack a single ability? Seems a bit much. On the other hand, only boosting up one single stat could make you incredibly unbalanced in comparison to everyone else.
If you want your play to be optimal, you wont.

Sharkpuncher

Inkling
This makes me wonder how abilities like Stealth Jump or Ninja Squid would work when stacked... although, come to think of it, the speed loss from Ninja Squid could be made up for with one or two Swim Speed Ups. Similarly, Stealth Jump's speed loss could be made up for with a few Quick Super Jumps. This could lead to, say, an Inkling that can swim faster than average without leaving a trace, as well as quickly superjumping into enemy territory without giving them any warning. Of course, other Inklings would also have their own abilities for you to worry about... ability layout is gonna end up being pretty important in competitive play, I think. Either that or abilities will be banned/severely limited, hahaha.

Hinichii.ez.™

@Sharkpuncher
When reading the context of skills like, "ninja squid." It would be pointless to attempt to stack it. Because its not an increase to something. Its just a, "Put this on and ya got it" kinda thing. Maybe I'm reading what you said wrong...

In my honest opinion, I see no abilities or combinations, that are too strong.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
IMO, each team should have their strongest person (roller or sniper) have the gambit and effort on their items, along with ninja squid and stealth jump. It allows for the most kills and allows for better survival. Just my two cents for what you should stack.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I am just worried about Attack and Defense Up perks. They are either going to be useless or useful, and if they are useful, everyone is going to want to grab them. Also, I heard somewhere that if you reroll, it rerolls all your sub perks, so it may be impossible to keep on rerolling until you get the ultimate perk set.

Vayu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baamin
I am just worried about Attack and Defense Up perks. They are either going to be useless or useful, and if they are useful, everyone is going to want to grab them. Also, I heard somewhere that if you reroll, it rerolls all your sub perks, so it may be impossible to keep on rerolling until you get the ultimate perk set.
I see them being useful to stack, but not if you're just making them your main perk and going. I mean, unless you're exchanging fire with your enemy, those perks aren't going to be key.
Most of the sources that talk about rerolling mention Spyke could reroll sets of abilities, so it's likely.
I'm more worried as to rerolling being tied to as rare an item as Super Sea Snails seem to be.

Sarger

Full Squid
NNID
SargerSplatoon
Go speed for squid form + Stack it + Squid form is already fast + even faster + lock in blue ink = SANIC GOTTA GO FAST

seriously though having speed as a squid stacked would be great for splatterdashing and covering areas fast.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very interesting. Abilities in general seems like a grind-fest to me unfortunately. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom