Abilities

Duck

Full Squid
so I solo q a lot in ranked and sometimes in turf.I am more of a hunter and I Ink when I need to.I was thinking I should have something with run speed and swim speed,but I don't really know because I'm pretty new.Will someone help me figure out what abilitys I should have?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
It really depends on what gun you are using. Typically the tentatek splattershot runs lots of swim speed and run speed to outstrafe opponents.

Other fast firing weapons that benefit from run speed and swim speed are both splooshes and the vanilla splash (the neo wants a more specialized kit). The splattershot jr, aerorsprays, and nzaps are good for this strategy also.

You could try
Any swim speed or run speed hat where you attempt to get some movement speed buffs in the subs. I usually see:
Golf Visor :head_vis000: :ability_runspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
Black Baseball LS :clothes_tel006::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
White Kicks :shoes_lts000::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

The shirt and shoes are natural rolls, but the hat is a bit tricky. You either need to save scum a pure, or just roll a bunch of times and hope for the best.

Other pieces of natural gear that might work:
Camo Mesh :head_cap006::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: (generally ok for saving some ink when throwing suction bombs, etc)
Honestly, any speed hat would work, just pick run or swim and do the best you can.
Krak-On 528 (no picture) :ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Oyster Clogs :shoes_sdl000::ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Blue Moto Boots :shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: (if you prefer ink resistance)
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: (if you prefer ink resistance)

Duck

Full Squid
I use things like the n-zap,L 3 nozzle D,splatters hot pro,etc.But I'll try speed and stuff

Duck

Full Squid
I was thinking tenacity for the last piece of gear.Is that good for solo qing?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I was thinking tenacity for the last piece of gear.Is that good for solo qing?
Yes, tenacity is good for solo-queue because your teammates will die a lot.

The nzaps and L-3 nozzlenoses benefit greatly from movement speed buffs. The pro doesn't benefit as much from run speed, but swim speed still helps (you might want ink recovery or ink saver main for the pro as well).

Duck

Full Squid
I hardly use the pro but I still use it so ink saver isn't the best choice.So I'm going to have tenacity,swimspeed up,and run speed up.Will you give me some cloths to look for to buy with those abilities?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Any of the tenacity hats would work:
Black Arrowbands (higher chance of rolling special saver)
Gas Mask (higher chance of rolling special duration)
Soccer Headband (higher chance of rolling ink recovery)
Sporty Bobble Hat (higher chance of rolling quick respawn)

Then go with the krak-on 528 (for run speed) and the white kicks (for swim speed).

Duck

Full Squid
Should I take out swimspeed up and put in ink resistance or have run speed up taken out and have ink resistance? I kill alot

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Should I take out swimspeed up and put in ink resistance or have run speed up taken out and have ink resistance? I kill alot
If you want ink resistance, go with either the red hi-tops (rolls swim speed) or blue moto boots (rolls run speed). Lots of people don't use it, lots of people do. I tend to use my red hi tops with just about everything.

Duck

Full Squid
Im starting to use and like the .96 and the .52 gals alot and it brings down your special alot.What special saver gear is good for your head?
Because i don't need tenacity as much as i need special saver for that gun.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
Im starting to use and like the .96 and the .52 gals alot and it brings down your special alot.What special saver gear is good for your head?
Because i don't need tenacity as much as i need special saver for that gun.
Two-Stripe Mesh is a very strong headgear piece with special saver and is from krak-on. This means you'll get special saver as a main ability and a higher chance of rolling triple swim speed. It's a very good speed item that also allows you to chillax if you're using a weapon with medium or heavy special depletion. I don't know what your rank is, but if you've ever fought S players, you'd know that a lot of S players who use Tentateks, rollers, or carbon rollers will use this, because they would absolutely hate to be splayed with their special and lose 60-75% of it. This gear piece also works well for the .96 Gal Deco, as it benefits from both the special saver and the swim speed. Essentially, you're looking at something that not only gives you the special saver you're after, but also the speed that you put so high of an emphasis on, and thus it's perfect for you!

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
Damage Up is good for chargers and blasters

Guns: Run Speed Up

Roller: Ink Resistance

Splatling : ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom