• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Achoy's Splatoon 2.6 Opinons

Achoy178

Inkling
NNID
Achoy178
Hey squids! It's been a while since I posted anything, but I though I'd share my opinions about the new update.

(As I'm typing this, I'm using GoNintendo's version of the changelog)

• Arowana Mall and Moray Towers map swap
Although it's not the Arowana 2.0 some poeple would want to see, at least it's changing, right? :p
It's a needed change either way. I feel like the Splat Zones versions of both maps are better anyway. I actually PREFER them versus their Turf War counterparts. I mean, who doesn't like falling into water/a pit trying to get around? Plus, you can sneak attack Charger users in both maps. ;)
  • Ranked Tweaks
The fact that Nintendo's reducing the possible points you can lose in DCing from a ranked match is good. The new matchmaking is also pretty useful, I guess. Solo Queue will start to be a little more sorted, and I'm fine with that. I haven't personally gone into Solo because reasons, but I might come back into using it.
Also, thank goodness matchmaking will start sorting people by rank letter now. That was kinda annoying (*understatement*). :p
  • Ranked Points within Splatfest
I guess this is the closest we can get to having Ranked within Splatfest Battle. It replaces your KD, which masks disconnected players [and hackers and/or people who are on splatting sprees] even more (as if the removal of the point total to give space wasn't enough). I guess we'll have to make due with that. Otherwise, I can see this having a bonus modifier for the money you can get from Judd. Maybe it grants you more Sea Snails...
Either way, there better be a bonus. XD (It already boosts the money you get after the battle of you have the max, which is good enough :p)
Also... I smell a Splatfest coming next week so we can see these in action. It makes sense. lol
(Ninty pls add more Splatfest Title Ranks XD)
Edit: Oh... Apparently this is a nerf. It replaces the Vibe Meter... :'/ RIP 99+ win streaks... :(
  • Gear Changes
There could've been more, but I'm happy with what was changed. Including the buffs to the Ink abilities.
I do use Bomb Sniffer once in a while (not all the time), and the addition of resistance to all bombs is a welcome addition. I can't wait to try it out! XP
(In advance, RIP anyone who uses the E-Liter 3k Scope). The other perks included in other abilities are also pretty useful. Being able to move after the Killer Wail and Inkstrike will be nice. Recon has been kinda useless unless you had an Inkstrike so you knew where to hit (at least, to me, although I never use either at the same time), and now it's able to reveal everyone's WEAPONS? Ok. That's too much. XD

Thanks for reading, I guess! :p Still wondering how the new weapons will be unlocked, if at all...

Last edited:

sammich

Inkling Cadet
moray towers is the only turf war map that i actually think is straight-up bad. TW arrowana was a bit of a frail stage as well, with the middle very a total mess that's difficult to approach and easy to hold...

but nothing is worse than the stark TW moray towers where short-ranged weapons are just unviable if the enemy has a charger that can hit targets and you don't. you basically HAVE to use a special just to open a window to cross.

if not, the match stays as this weird stalemate and the last 3 seconds decide who inked the center for the win.

so the additional obstacles/walkways are WELCOME

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom