• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Adding additional slots in gear = diminishing effect?

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
So, I got my Splatoon amiibos today in the mail and I snagged the gear from the challenges they give.

I added a slot to the body, and noticed that even though it has 3 slots, it is still considered a two star item. Does this mean the item is inferior, or is it on par with other 3 star items?

As far as I know, the star rank is only an indication of how many native slots the piece has, however I was told that it also determined some hidden stats like base defense, speed, and strength.

AGES

Full Squid
NNID
Snicks
My guess is that its used to show people online how many abilities each piece of clothing initially had, so that if/when they order it from spyke they only receive as many abilities as the stars show. Sure, it would be unnecessary for the amiibos since you can't order them, but I don't think there would have been much of a point for Nintendo to change it for just that.

Never heard of hidden base stats before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom