Adivce for the Splattershot Pro

Col. Splat

Inkling
NNID
dawarthog
Hey guys I just need some advice with the Splattershot pro. I am currently a A+ player and I would like to go competitive with the Splattershot Pro since that is the weapon I use most. I just need some advice on how to get better with the weapon so I can hit S tier and go into competitive play with the weapon. If it helps, heres a video of me using the weapon form my youtube channel.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
Take this advice from an S ranked player: Make sure you have the right abilities first. The ink saver abilities are good since it's a huge ink guzzler and ink recovery up could come in handy too. I recommend pro, so here are my suggestions for this weapon: You'll need to build precision, but it's pretty accurate and has good range. Use sub a decent amount too, since it's good to spot enemies. Inkzooka is great, and abilities regarding specials in general are good, although I think special duration up is the best. I think :head_hdp000: is excellent for this weapon since there's a high likelyhood of special duration up, plus ink saver main really compliments the weapon!

Aside from that, I'd suggest playing somewhat cautiously. Take advantage of your range, it's easy to get killed if you go in too deep. I USED to play this weapon on my old account with the mindset "this weapon is super good because it was expensive and was unlocked at level 20", but I don't play it really anymore because I personally think the fire rate is trashy, especially for a 3-hit kill, plus it's slow in the turf covering department. I still have solid experience with this weapon in the past though. Hope this helps! ^-^

Also, good luck with getting to S. It's kinda brutal how approaching the high A+, a win is +8 but a loss is -12, but you'll get there.

Col. Splat

Inkling
NNID
dawarthog
Take this advice from an S ranked player: Make sure you have the right abilities first. The ink saver abilities are good since it's a huge ink guzzler and ink recovery up could come in handy too. I recommend pro, so here are my suggestions for this weapon: You'll need to build precision, but it's pretty accurate and has good range. Use sub a decent amount too, since it's good to spot enemies. Inkzooka is great, and abilities regarding specials in general are good, although I think special duration up is the best. I think :head_hdp000: is excellent for this weapon since there's a high likelyhood of special duration up, plus ink saver main really compliments the weapon!

Aside from that, I'd suggest playing somewhat cautiously. Take advantage of your range, it's easy to get killed if you go in too deep. I USED to play this weapon on my old account with the mindset "this weapon is super good because it was expensive and was unlocked at level 20", but I don't play it really anymore because I personally think the fire rate is trashy, especially for a 3-hit kill, plus it's slow in the turf covering department. I still have solid experience with this weapon in the past though. Hope this helps! ^-^

Also, good luck with getting to S. It's kinda brutal how approaching the high A+, a win is +8 but a loss is -12, but you'll get there.
Thanks man! I'll use your advice and try my best with this weapon! Thanks again. :)

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
@Col. Splat No problem! Happy to help :)

I'd be happy to 1v1 you sometime with Splattershot Pro's if you'd like to get feedback. Keep in mind as a general rule that all inklings are right-handed so if you want to aim around a corner, make sure your gun pokes out first instead of your body, it's normally a safer thing to do.

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
In the v2.7.0 update the velocity of the pro's shots was increased. Shots speed up more the further they travel. This means that the weapon is more accurate at its maximum range, adding another reason to utilise your range.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
In the v2.7.0 update the velocity of the pro's shots was increased. Shots speed up more the further they travel. This means that the weapon is more accurate at its maximum range, adding another reason to utilise your range.
I'm actually a pretty big fan of this since it typically has kinda a sub-meh fire rate, I generally get kills better, although this could be just because of me improving as a player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom