• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Advice for a newbie?

Loco Yoyo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5021-5117-0545
I’m just wondering what it takes to win in rank. Any advice? I’m new to the game, but an experience competitive gamer. I’m honestly baffled, I’m by no way amazing at this game, I’m only level 11, but holy cow. I can’t seem to win a game in rank. At all. They are so one sided. Is the only way to win with a squad? I’m playing by myself and I do decent every time. Currently playing cam blitz and I had a teammate trying to shoot the ball into our own goal. I just don’t understand. Usually it’s me trying to defend or score by myself. No help whatsoever. I’m just having a bad experience right now and wondering if there’s anything I can do to help myself.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I’m just wondering what it takes to win in rank. Any advice? I’m new to the game, but an experience competitive gamer. I’m honestly baffled, I’m by no way amazing at this game, I’m only level 11, but holy cow. I can’t seem to win a game in rank. At all. They are so one sided. Is the only way to win with a squad? I’m playing by myself and I do decent every time. Currently playing cam blitz and I had a teammate trying to shoot the ball into our own goal. I just don’t understand. Usually it’s me trying to defend or score by myself. No help whatsoever. I’m just having a bad experience right now and wondering if there’s anything I can do to help myself.
When I first got this game, I lost all the time in ranked as well, and it’s alright.

As you keep on playing, you will start to feel more comfortable with the rules, and you will find that you win a lot of games.

Remember that everybody you’re playing with right now is just as new as you are, that means you will see a bunch of people doing stupid things on your team, but the other team is doing just as many stupid things, so it cancels out. And the nice thing is, once you are comfortable with the mode and best strategies, you will be the only sane person in a group of poor players. That will give your team a distinct advantage, and you will quickly move on up.

I lost the first 8 Clam Blitz matches I played, but then something clicked in my mind, and the game skipped me all the way from C- to B-, so I barely had to deal with the antics of C rank players.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
They've changed it in the sequel so you can only rank up by playing in solo queue.

Remember that everybody you’re playing with right now is just as new as you are, that means you will see a bunch of people doing stupid things on your team, but the other team is doing just as many stupid things, so it cancels out. And the nice thing is, once you are comfortable with the mode and best strategies, you will be the only sane person in a group of poor players. That will give your team a distinct advantage, and you will quickly move on up.
This is what most of your life in solo rank will be like until maybe around the A's. (Also, I think hardly anyone has read the in-game rules on how Clam Blitz, or any of the other modes, are played.)

Personally, I say even with whatever pervious experience you have just take time to enjoy yourself while also self-improving because as frustrating as the lower ranks can be they also serve as a nice low-risk training ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom