Advice for using the E-Litre w/ gyro controls?

vsock

Inkling
NNID
sockchan
I've been practicing in turf wars all day and so far have only gotten used to the gyro- mostly. I feel like I've already hit a wall skill-wise, because when I get matched up with other lvl 20s I get absolutely crushed. (Lower levels tend to not be paying attention when I'm aiming at them.)
I'll either get nervous when people rush me and miss, or I'll be aiming for just a second too long at someone before they get spooked and run off.

Any tips or tricks for the e-litre, or just chargers in general? Tips for the gyro controls? I wanna be good enough to take the e-litre into splat zones/tower control with the other A ranks, but so far the odds of that happening are lookin pretty bleak.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
Make sure you lead your targets, don't aim where they are, aim where they are gonna be. Also work on speed. If you take too long they'll see the aiming line and react accordingly

If you are having issues with the motion controls, try reducing the camera's sensitivity, I play on -4

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
Going back too the speed thing, don't fully charge your shot unless you're going for a target at max range, at closer targets, the E Liter can kill partially charged

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Don't forget to use your subs and specials to help you. Assuming this is the normal E-Liter 3K, as said above, be sure to figure out the distance inked based on the amount charged, and utilize Burst Bombs for close range. If there's anyone good with the Custom E-Liter 3K's setup please give your advice, because although Squid Beakons work just fine with this weapon, I can't figure out how to use the Kraken and get out of it without being vulnerable.

Oh and don't disregard the Echolocator in the normal E-Liter 3K's setup. Useful for actually pinpointing the shots, if you're bad without a scope (I personally am bad WITH scopes XD). And if you are bad without scopes, don't worry, the E-Liter 3K Scope is on its way.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
try camera locking (holding down Y) in the test room.

this makes it so that the camera behaves as if its in first person. moving with the left stick will not shift the camera around. allowing you to get a bit more accustomed to gyro controls.

also- with the e-liter and other chargers, there are two reticles while charging.
one is your ghost reticle - that reticle represents where your shot would go if at max range and no obstacles.

the other is your laser reticle which you use to align for your kills. since this game is in third person- the laser comes out of the gun on your right side- making aiming a bit off-center and slightly to the right.
you will also notice that while aiming at the ground, you will see your laser reticle slide up and down --straying very far from the ghost reticle. this is why aiming at close quarters is difficult because your reticle will become very off-centered.

another thing about the laser reticle is that it will become colored if it will come in contact with a solid object. if it is grayed out then you know you can't reach that distance. so always go into recon mode- find some nice sniping spots and learn your max radius- where you can and cannot reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom