Aerospray MG Special

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
Has anyone else noticed that a well placed curler bomb special is just a teeny tiny bit over powered? Seriously, a good deploy on that special and it's a literal tide turner.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I guess it's a good thing that the weapon isnt good at anything other than inking turf and spamming curling bombs. I do think the curling bomb launcher is shella obnoxious though. Im not quite sure why they made it only take 170p to charge when it already inks turf like no one's business.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Eh, it depends. If the launcher user gets too spammy the curling bombs cease to travel very far mostly likely as a balance concern, and at that point most any ranged weapon can splat the launcher. I don't feel particularly threatened by curling bomb launchers.

animegatherium

Inkling
NNID
stormoftheeast
Switch Friend Code
SW-7390-8542-4135
i think the rate at which the curling bombs are thrown is too fast. especially when several teammates use their special at the same time and the map is CHAOS. the bombs themselves aren't too hard to avoid in open areas though--it's corners and enclosed spaces that will get ya!

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Has anyone else noticed that a well placed curler bomb special is just a teeny tiny bit over powered? Seriously, a good deploy on that special and it's a literal tide turner.
Not actually that OP (talking as a Slosher/Brush/Charger for ranked main who's never played the aerospray in 2.) I find it easy to retreat from it and then advance (remember, I play a brush, so I can just roll through the aftermath of the special. It IS OP when it charges in 170p with a weapon that's so good at coverage.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I disagree. It leaves them very vulnerable, and curler bombs only move horizontally. Sure, it can kill you easily.. but that's just because it isn't a bad special, either. You can still kill them as easily as someone using, say, the Ink Jet.

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
The consensus i'm getting is "It's all about team composition" haha!

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I think it's a good special because it threatens to easily control a large area with no walls. However, there are still many ways to deal with it:
Outranging them
Getting behind them
Using your own special to force them to stop, while still threatening the rest of the enemy team (missiles, inkjet)

FELIX_HK

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4166-6444-7610
The curling bomb launcher bomb need skills of where to use it efficiently and effectively (covering grounds and killing at the same time). And don't forget aerospray is a 5 shot weapon. In most of the time it is vulnerable

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
The curling bomb launcher bomb need skills of where to use it efficiently and effectively (covering grounds and killing at the same time). And don't forget aerospray is a 5 shot weapon. In most of the time it is vulnerable
4 shot

I think you’re correct, it does need skill; is TC encountering it in ranked?

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I see the Curling bomb special as the Aerosprays main offensive push. The weapon is weak, as you point out, it's a 4-5 shot kill. So if you focus on inking turf entirely, which I believe is the weapon's point, you'll quickly build 170p and be able to launch an offensive push. If it had, say, Splat bomb rush instead, the bombs would take so long to detonate that the push wouldn't make up for the lack of DPS the Aero has. Basically the Aero is great for turf and terrible for spatting, so the Curling bomb rush makes up for that downside. The special also only takes 170p, so It also really encourages the player to constantly be thinking about inking turf, which is the general goal when playing Aero.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It only inks ground a whole lot. Which you know, would be nice if it would charge your special but you're already using one so that special charge ends up wasted. It doesn't help that a lot of people opt to just button mash the bombs meaning they only stop a few meters in front of them, whereas if they held the button it'd reach max distance to cover a lot more ground.
The bombs themselves are predictable and easily dodged compared to the other bomb launchers, making them bleh for an offensive push. A Forge/Blaster can easily leap out between it's bombs and shut down the MG with little trouble during it's launch.

why the necro

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It can be nasty, but as others have said, it's highly vulnerable. When I see someone use it, and I'm using a weapon that's effective at close range, I usually just charge in and splat them, and I usually survive.

FELIX_HK

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4166-6444-7610
I see the Curling bomb special as the Aerosprays main offensive push. The weapon is weak, as you point out, it's a 4-5 shot kill. So if you focus on inking turf entirely, which I believe is the weapon's point, you'll quickly build 170p and be able to launch an offensive push. If it had, say, Splat bomb rush instead, the bombs would take so long to detonate that the push wouldn't make up for the lack of DPS the Aero has. Basically the Aero is great for turf and terrible for spatting, so the Curling bomb rush makes up for that downside. The special also only takes 170p, so It also really encourages the player to constantly be thinking about inking turf, which is the general goal when playing Aero.
*160p
DPS? (what's that?)
I'm able to have 3~4 special in normal turf war and in splat zone , I can do at launch 9 special......

FELIX_HK

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4166-6444-7610
It only inks ground a whole lot. Which you know, would be nice if it would charge your special but you're already using one so that special charge ends up wasted. It doesn't help that a lot of people opt to just button mash the bombs meaning they only stop a few meters in front of them, whereas if they held the button it'd reach max distance to cover a lot more ground.
The bombs themselves are predictable and easily dodged compared to the other bomb launchers, making them bleh for an offensive push. A Forge/Blaster can easily leap out between it's bombs and shut down the MG with little trouble during it's launch.

why the necro
Yeah especially the curling bombs need some distance to detonate , and the "offensive push" is around 4 seconds later, which again is vulernable to all range of weapons as its a 5 shot weapon

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
*160p
DPS? (what's that?)
I'm able to have 3~4 special in normal turf war and in splat zone , I can do at launch 9 special......
DPS = damage per second, which the Aerospray technically has... but only at literally melee range.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
It can be nasty, but as others have said, it's highly vulnerable. When I see someone use it, and I'm using a weapon that's effective at close range, I usually just charge in and splat them, and I usually survive.
This is what I'm seeing as well, I think people who use curling bomb launcher tend to overestimate its offensive power and underestimate their vulnerability while launching. If you're careful to swim between bombs or go around the player they're usually an easy splat, and since the bombs don't usually explode close range the risk of getting splatted by one decreases as you close in.

FELIX_HK

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4166-6444-7610
This is what I'm seeing as well, I think people who use curling bomb launcher tend to overestimate its offensive power and underestimate their vulnerability while launching. If you're careful to swim between bombs or go around the player they're usually an easy splat, and since the bombs don't usually explode close range the risk of getting splatted by one decreases as you close in.
So its no op , its just a overestimateion

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
So its no op , its just a overestimateion
I would say in the hands of most players who use guns with CBL, yes. I'm sure skilled players can destroy with it though, since curling bombs can be awesome if used right.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
I would say in the hands of most players who use guns with CBL, yes. I'm sure skilled players can destroy with it though, since curling bombs can be awesome if used right.
Actually it’s just the MG... I’m sure that out there there is a player that is godlike with it, somewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom