After seeing a fearsome Eliter 3K player that is stacking damage-ups in action, I can see why ...

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
people don't want this to run rampant over the Splatoon metagame. That player had nine kills and no deaths. Sheesh there was nothing any of us could do against him/her.

Closing in for the kill? Bam you're dead.

Trying to sneak behind? Sorry Echolocator!

Want to close in on the charger? How about having some of my Burst Bombs!

Good lord.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
That's basically how you play e-liter anyways. Damage up doesn't make that big of a difference with an E-Liter as you only need 3/4 charge to kill anyways.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
That's basically how you play e-liter anyways. Damage up doesn't make that big of a difference with an E-Liter as you only need 3/4 charge to kill anyways.
Damage up also makes your burst bombs more deadly.

I'm not saying they're unstoppable but a deadly one is really hard to get around them sometimes.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
Yeah there so annoying since dmg up works better for chargers. Screw the burst bombs too, they throw like 5 of them in like under 2 seconds.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Charge your inkzooka, ink strike, or killer wail to straight up kill them or push them from their perch. Once pushed either claim turf, push the objective, or close in on them and kill them.

With a little practice on positioning and movement you can get good at it. Also consider trying the e-liter for yourself and see how people approach you.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
E-Liter 3-k (scopes) are an amazing weapon, but they rely on a lot of skill to use right. Charging just enough to score KO's is hard enough, but simply aiming at a moving target halfway across the map is hard enough. If a player can flick-snipe me in the full range of the weapon, I feel more proud than salty.

Also, was this Moray Towers? E-Liters are admittedly too strong for that map.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
E-Liter 3-k (scopes) are an amazing weapon, but they rely on a lot of skill to use right. Charging just enough to score KO's is hard enough, but simply aiming at a moving target halfway across the map is hard enough. If a player can flick-snipe me in the full range of the weapon, I feel more proud than salty.

Also, was this Moray Towers? E-Liters are admittedly too strong for that map.
Walleye Warehouse

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Charge your inkzooka, ink strike, or killer wail to straight up kill them or push them from their perch. Once pushed either claim turf, push the objective, or close in on them and kill them.

With a little practice on positioning and movement you can get good at it. Also consider trying the e-liter for yourself and see how people approach you.
The thing is that you might not always have one of those specials with the weapon you're using, and you can't predict when you'll fight an E-Liter to get one ready (besides the fact that once you meet one you can't switch loadouts). All decent E-Liters I've met are pretty much untouchable unless you just happen to have an Inkzooka with you, to the point where there's nothing I can do aside of praying I'm out of their reach

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Oh yes, good E-Liters are definitely one of the most scary things to face in the game. I'm fortunate that my weapon of choice has very solid tools for dealing with them. Splash Walls to give me a safe spot to ink from in open areas, and a Killer Wail to tell that whippersnaper to get off my dang turf from the other side of the map.

Honestly, when I see a player stacking 3 Damage Ups with their Charger all I can think about is in opportunity costs. A second one might be useful, but by the third one the benefit is so small that they really would be better off investing in other abilities. Maybe a Special Charge Up to load up that Kraken/Echolocator quicker, or any of the two Ink Savers so they are less likely to run dry just as that sneaky enemy Inkbrush comes to splat them into next Tuesday.

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
The only times I've had particularly a lot of trouble with E-Liters is when they either burst bomb me to death, or they're lagging to the point I can't dodge their shots. Usually I deal with them by zipping around their shots, then shooting them simultaneously when I'm close enough. If you have Kraken then my suggestion is also to close in on them with your special - sneak in with squid form then Kraken up a wall, or from behind. You could also run cold-blooded if you don't want to be echolocated. A good advantage of brushes as well is that you are insanely fast when you have swim speed and ink resistance,so if you really want to counter them then brush is a good idea, or even a defense up.

Of course, I'm not gonna say that they aren't overpowered. A good E-Liter can wipe out an entire team with little to no effort involved, and create a lot of pressure on the map.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
I wouldn't say "little to no effort". Sniping's hard, especially considering Splatoon's mechanics; and worthless E-Liters are a very common sight. Sure, Moray Towers could really use more means of cover in Turf War, but in most maps pulling off the "scary E-Liter" role isn't a walk in the park.

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
I wouldn't say "little to no effort". Sniping's hard, especially considering Splatoon's mechanics; and worthless E-Liters are a very common sight. Sure, Moray Towers could really use more means of cover in Turf War, but in most maps pulling off the "scary E-Liter" role isn't a walk in the park.
I suppose that's true. I was thinking about Moray when I was talking about E-Liters, I probably should have been more specific. ^^" Maps like Blackbelly can be quite hard to play it on from what I've seen.

Artakha

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Artakha
When I see a ton of damage up (more than two mains/six subs) I can't help but feel they're wasting potential. This holds for any weapon. There's diminishing returns for a reason.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
A great charger user will help your team win almost always. The damage ups don't help much, maybe just burst bombs.

I saw a player named Spagloon go 24 and 4 on tower control. Pretty impressive for a charger. Used a splatter charger with bomb rush a lot.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The thing is that you might not always have one of those specials with the weapon you're using, and you can't predict when you'll fight an E-Liter to get one ready (besides the fact that once you meet one you can't switch loadouts). All decent E-Liters I've met are pretty much untouchable unless you just happen to have an Inkzooka with you, to the point where there's nothing I can do aside of praying I'm out of their reach
I guess my implication is to play weapons with those specials, at least if you are that worried about sick e-liter play. And there are a lot of weapons with those specials (around 30 iirc), so I would hope that you could find something you like.

E-liters are very powerful though. I was once up against 2 e-liters in Moray. One took the normal overlook perch and the second took the box at the top of the ramp. Nothing we could do.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Dealing with Great chargers? Remember:

Special Russian Subs
Or
Special Rush-In Subs
Or
Sub Special Rush-in

1 use sub. Throw a bomb onto their platform, the good ones will hop off then splat them, but look out for a furious barrage of splat bombs.
2 use special. Special is not always charged, nor useful for killing. The good ones will see the inkstrike or killer wail coming.
3 rush their nest from behind or side preferably. Chargers can't win in close combat, or er usually not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom