Ahh, to be able to know the map THEN choose my weapon

Lilguy1456

Inkling
NNID
Lilguy1456
I really hate having to choose a weapon based on ONE of the two maps in rotation, only to have the sub-optimal one be chosen over and over. Maybe someone knows if the weapon choosing option timing will be changed in a coming update.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
While it would make it easier, the stages being declared in sets make you think of what weapon type you would like to use if either of the stages were picked, presenting a layer of adaptability.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Eh, I don't mind. I prefer the idea of picking a weapon that is best suited for a selection of maps then a specific map. Adds to strategy I feel and emphasized team work as well since everyone has to rely on the weapons each person picked. Not to mention there could easily be a "best weapon" for a stage which could easily cause centralization.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Not to mention there could easily be a "best weapon" for a stage which could easily cause centralization.
prob be the only concern.
I just don't like that you have to leave the room to change weapon aspect of it. Personally I believe gameplay experience would be enhanced a lot for a majority of the players.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
That part of the gamble if you decide to pick a weapon that is good in one map and bad in a another one.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
prob be the only concern.
I just don't like that you have to leave the room to change weapon aspect of it. Personally I believe gameplay experience would be enhanced a lot for a majority of the players.
That could make the games a counterpick fest, though.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
I personally like not knowing which map I'll get so I change my weapon BEFORE I play them. Every 4 hours presents which ones will work best and it allows me to use every single weapon. It adds variation.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
That could make the games a counterpick fest, though.
no
It would just help people not pick a weapon,subs and or specail that was horrid, on said map. There are some rotations, where one map is good for one weapon and the other, not so much. I'm sure every map has several weapons, that are good and equally as many that are bad. At the moment, there is no set weapon(s) that out right beats the rest, regardless of the map...Level aside, everyone can use any of those said weapons.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
How would in-lobby weapon changes work, though? Sometimes you may not get the time to change your weapon, let alone
the gear to complement it. Should the game be postponed if people are still in the gear menu?

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I used to think this but slowly starting to think more and more that its less about the weapon for the map and more about adopting different play styles to fit the map. The only thing I wish is that I was able to switch weapons based on he pool of weapons in the lobby. If there was a message that prompted "you have just joined a room with 3 other splatterscopes, would you like to change your weapon?" I have won matches with 3 chargers or 3 rollers on my team but the lack of versatility has hindered the cohesiveness of my team who aren't used to taking on different roles with their weapon of choice and if I cannot carry them, then we usually lose.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
The only thing I wish is that I was able to switch weapons based on he pool of weapons in the lobby. If there was a message that prompted "you have just joined a room with 3 other splatterscopes, would you like to change your weapon?"
That would be horrible :I

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
I think I like it, even if you have a weapon that works great for you in a map it may not do so in the other one, so you are forced to try new weapons or develop new ways to play the map. It adds variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom