• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

All Splatoon Music - Squid Beatz 2.0

Do you love these rad beatz?

• I totally love them!! They're all awesome!!

Votes: 98 65.8%
  • Most of them are really good!

Votes: 41 27.5%
  • I'm somewhere in between. Some good, some bad.

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • I only like a few. I could care less about the others.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don't like any at all.

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Hey there! Some of you may know that there used to be a stickied thread for all the music in Splatoon. Unfortunately, the old thread for all the Splatoon music accidentally got deleted. Fortunately, I'm going to make another thread for all you lovely people out there who love Splatoon's music! :)

Squid Beatz is a music player that features all 31 tracks from Splatoon and it is also a standard rhythm game. While waiting in an online lobby, you can use Squid Beatz to change the music whenever you want. So if you get tired of hearing the same lobby music, you can change it on the fly to whatever song you want! Keep in mind that Squid Beatz is an amiibo exclusive minigame that can only be obtained from Inkling Squid amiibo. You can get the Inkling Squid amiibo from the Splatoon 3-pack amiibo (and it's only exclusive to that 3-pack).

NEWS UPDATE 1:
"Splatoon is a huge hit, especially in Japan, and its unique musical style is definitely a big part of that. It’s not a big surprise then that the soundtrack, titled “Splatune”, will soon be available to buy in Japan. It will be released by famous publisher Kadokawa on October 21st for 3,456 yen."

"Its two discs will include 61 songs – 37 music tracks, 10 jingle tracks and 14 sound effect tracks. It will also come with a booklet featuring comments from the development staff and additional reversible covers. Check those out in the gallery below."

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-soundtrack-being-released-in-japan/

By the way, if the soundtrack ever releases in America or Europe, I'll link it here so that if you guys want to support Nintendo buying it, it'll be easy to find.

----------------

High quality download 2.0 (includes new songs from the August update):

FLAC - https://mega.co.nz/#!ncISUZQK!Ye2Hoa35l5Cw-VLZzwH9hjGmEfsJRUFecL1LwM8nPbY
or
MP3 - https://mega.co.nz/#!3dRnBDZJ!RCjwZMdnEV3DWMWGOED-tEBCGx_V2ssu-Z_3Hj6xsY0

----------------

For those of you who downloaded the original pack. Tracks are tagged to match the Multiplayer folder's tracks, so just drop them in there. I would highly suggest downloading the whole pack again, though - the tracks in Multiplayer had their metadata updated to reflect the fact that the folder is now 32 tracks, not 27.

FLAC - https://mega.co.nz/#!iBQlBQgD!VcUV859-qCwdRmIlVEXkSJDoY54yCMIZ1mA99eXas38
or
MP3 - https://mega.co.nz/#!6N5FALwB!3hOLGTqwd3vn1JxKpBeC84uXSfwEajxLnk6ZHvqkVC4

----------------

Lastly, If you just wanna hear the songs, here's a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvNp0Boas721U2shokZmt75xplbsoB6H8

Last edited:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sorry for what happened. Glad to know you're willing to do it again. :)

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
Really, the only song I will listen to in my spare time is squid sisters. Not to say the music is bad, it isn't, but not my style. It fits in really well for the game though, so I think of the music as a positive.

AEM

The Saltsui no Hadou
I've found myself listening to all of the new VS songs by ABXY / The Chirpy Chirps and Hightide Era's currently unnamed song. Hooked is a little too quirky for me right now, maybe it'll grow on me.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Thanks for these! I love how quirky and strange the music is. The new one with the Piano is one of my favorites for sure.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
it seems the mega links no longer work :(

Toadie

Inkling
All the new Music sucks. One of the songs just sounds like someone banging on a Piano.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
All the new Music sucks. One of the songs just sounds like someone banging on a Piano.
I somewhat agree. To be honest, when I hear the old multiplayer songs vs the new ones, the new ones just lack consistency with their beat and instruments. The old songs all share similar tones and use a rock-esque kind of style, while the new songs are all over the place (with the exception of the two songs share 8-bit instruments). Out of all the new songs, I only like one of them.

It's probably just me who feels this way about the new songs though.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Well, I really like Hooked and the other Hightide Era song, it's just that the battle sfx seems to drown out most the instrumentation

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
I actually disagree about the new music, I like it a lot more than the old tracks. I also like having more music in general just so the music doesn't become stale after a while.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Well, I really like Hooked and the other Hightide Era song, it's just that the battle sfx seems to drown out most the instrumentation
Unfortunate that this happens. I wish they had an option to adjust the in-game volume.

I actually disagree about the new music, I like it a lot more than the old tracks. I also like having more music in general just so the music doesn't become stale after a while.
That's actually a really good point. That's probably my biggest takeaway from the new music, is that there's a lot more variety and it doesn't feel stale anymore. Whenever I play Splatoon, I'm always looking forward to what song will play, and that's a good thing.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The soundtrack of the game is amazing. I love the variety of "genres" there is on it.

As for the new tracks, I think only this track is as good as the original tracks. Not to say the others are bad, they aren't, but...

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
The soundtrack of the game is amazing. I love the variety of "genres" there is on it.

As for the new tracks, I think only this track is as good as the original tracks. Not to say the others are bad, they aren't, but...
That's definitely my new favorite song out of the others. Probably in my Top 3 favorite songs.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
Also am I the only person who wishes that there was a way to set squid sisters to play as the music for multiplayer matches

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Also am I the only person who wishes that there was a way to set squid sisters to play as the music for multiplayer matches
Or really any music you can play in the amiibo minigame. 15/The Octoling Single Player Level music would be a prime example.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I feel that the new music feels more varied than the old ones. I honestly like all the new songs better than the other ones, especially Hooked. Hope they add more in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom