Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Only Two

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
This is something I have been pondering, since I have two accounts, each with better equipment for certain weapons. Should we have multiple accounts for competitive, or should we limit it to only what account is signed up with? I know it is not relevant to that many people, but it seems kind of limiting at times, due to the random nature of equipment. Of course I can have a lot of good gear on one account, but I might have better gear on another.

I understand the issues, about proving identity, and the requirements for the TOs to keep track of everything. I think that it is indeed much harder to implement, but I personally find it would be beneficial in certain circumstances. So I just want to know what everyone else thinks about this topic, since I haven't seen anyone talking about this.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I had this problem on C-, at the time I was very irritated by it but I did not say anything because I did not want to make anyone mad. Besides if I was truly S+, getting S in a day should not be an issue (failed at that took a week)

Anyways I told them having my S+ account and only playing by that might cause issues because the FL is almost full (like 80-90 friends i think?) So I just said fine I'll rank up my alt then =.= (No idea what the big deal was on what my alt rank was)

Anyways my nnids are Momogirl1, Momogirl2, Momogirl3, and Momogirl4 (this is not used for anything currently) so I think it is pretty easy knowing it is me >.> For splatoon I only played on 2 and 3, the first one is pretty much 3ds and mk8 then the second one became an alt for mk8 and that ran into splatoon. So yes, list me being S+ as my main and let me be on my alt trying different weapons (this is the main reason I did not like it, feeling stress to rank up my alt just for show?) Because of this I actually have no idea what to fill out on forums to try get a new squad so I just put both. But saying my current is A or A+ (I went back to A off blaster because of the japan splatfest) does not seem as impressive as saying oh I am S+ XD

For me the issue is not gear but more so no room for friends, it is very annoying =.= (though 2 different squidgirl sets is nice even though "set 2" is random as heck XD) While having a second account where I do not have to worry about rank and play at my own pace with different weapons and whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I never had too much of a friend list problem, but I can definitely see that as being nice. I created my alt to originally play with my cousin who was B+, since I didn't want to subject him to S players. Then after he stopped playing, just used it as you said, for different weapons, and my own pace, no stress. I went from B+ to S+ in about 2 days, partially due to the 2 Japanese Splatfests ago, and some bad S players, so ranking up is no problem. It is just now, I have slightly better Charger gear on my old account, and better Splatling gear on my new account.

I don't have the same consistency you have with NNIDs, and it seems that would be a good solution to this.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I never had too much of a friend list problem, but I can definitely see that as being nice. I created my alt to originally play with my cousin who was B+, since I didn't want to subject him to S players. Then after he stopped playing, just used it as you said, for different weapons, and my own pace, no stress. I went from B+ to S+ in about 2 days, partially due to the 2 Japanese Splatfests ago, and some bad S players, so ranking up is no problem. It is just now, I have slightly better Charger gear on my old account, and better Splatling gear on my new account.

I don't have the same consistency you have with NNIDs, and it seems that would be a good solution to this.
Yes that is another reason I liked it, I could freely derank Momogirl3 so I can be B or whatever rank they are at so the matchmaking finds squids around their rank, making it easier for me to watch more then actually playing to see what they do to give tips and such. Of course I get ideas what is going on regardless, but it is a bit easier when you don't have to 1 v 4.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I don't really see the reason not to. It might be a bit inconvenient to squads, but it does not give you any advantage over others (and gear is 100% luck based, so it's not like someone else could not have the same stuff on their account.)

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I don't really see the reason not to. It might be a bit inconvenient to squads, but it does not give you any advantage over others (and gear is 100% luck based, so it's not like someone else could not have the same stuff on their account.)
I agree, I mainly just anticipate TOs having issues validating the actual person, and it adds to their complexity to check that all the people playing are the actual people signed up (which is hard enough with the way NNID vs IGN works now) . I just think it would be accepted until some idiots screw it all up, by having someone else play for them in a important match. This is how rules are generally created, so I wanted to bring up the issue, before it became an issue.That way, we could discuss it logically, and not be influenced by the emotions that ensue after something like that were to happen.

All that being said, about why it could be opposed, I am still in favor of it. I am just trying to play Devil's advocate, since if Splatoon really does become even a small esport (I think it is still too early to tell) this will be important. But I think most people have enough honor to not try and cheat.

Over all though, it is just not an option now. I wish I could register both accounts I have in LUTI, officially, so if I wanted to, I could switch legally to another account.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I agree, I mainly just anticipate TOs having issues validating the actual person, and it adds to their complexity to check that all the people playing are the actual people signed up (which is hard enough with the way NNID vs IGN works now) . I just think it would be accepted until some idiots screw it all up, by having someone else play for them in a important match. This is how rules are generally created, so I wanted to bring up the issue, before it became an issue.That way, we could discuss it logically, and not be influenced by the emotions that ensue after something like that were to happen.

All that being said, about why it could be opposed, I am still in favor of it. I am just trying to play Devil's advocate, since if Splatoon really does become even a small esport (I think it is still too early to tell) this will be important. But I think most people have enough honor to not try and cheat.

Over all though, it is just not an option now. I wish I could register both accounts I have in LUTI, officially, so if I wanted to, I could switch legally to another account.
simple, you have to list both NNIDS before hand on the roster while USING THE SAME mii name. the only way this can be abused (like in my case) someone makes an account "momogirl5" beforehand, uses my mii beforehand and puts it on the roster beforehand. So this lets one person play as me and the only reason this could or might pass (unlike mk8) us because mk lists what country/state you are from before the match >.> This also means that person would have to get to some kind of respectable level (say 20+ ) with some kind of rank (at least A-?)

So I guess to get around this is that you need a way to prove both are yours....

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
I have a few accounts lol made for different reasons. The gear on those accounts are terrible but I had no problem leveling up.
They were mostly used for squads though.
I don't play as aggressive but I usually try diff weapons just to get the hang out of. Weapons I am not very good at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom