• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Alternating Dynamos

Undr

The concept: By alternating the Dynamo's "shake" attack, two Inklings should be able to not only create a wall of Ink the opponent cannot shoot through, but also make it hazardous for them to try as it also causes damage. Seeing as the roller weapon is going to be a very popular option, I feel it's worth looking into this.

Possible Uses:
  • Creating Choke Points
  • Makeshift Splash Wall
  • Sniper Defense
  • Slow but powerful tank-like approach
  • Strong Splat Zone defense strategy
Would just like to throw this out there for discussion. Am I right? Am I missing something? And if this is possible, what other uses could it have?

EDIT: After rewatching the Nintendo Direct, I actually noticed the technique being put to the use! @14:32 we see this in action during the demonstration of the Inkstrike weapon. It even shows my theory in action as the opposing Inklings were unable to get past the technique without the use of a Super Weapon.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Interesting idea, but you also sacrifice firepower in the process. Not only that, but I am curious to see if you can just throw a grenade behind them to counter this. Not only that, if someone flanks, bye, bye. It still has it's uses though.

Undr

Interesting idea, but you also sacrifice firepower in the process. Not only that, but I am curious to see if you can just throw a grenade behind them to counter this. Not only that, if someone flanks, bye, bye. It still has it's uses though.
I agree, it's by no means a perfect defense. But as you said, it could cause opponents to flank you which could be your intent. A means of persuading your opponents to go where you want them to. Also, seeing as the game is being setup so that only certain maps are available at certain times, it may be possible to have this strategy ready when only a few maps are available. Obviously ones that benefit from it. And again, Splat Zones and that Tower gamemode might also greatly benefit.

But of course all of this is pointless if readily available subweapons are hard counters to this strat. It may also explain why in the demonstration the two Dynamo users were on higher ground.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I agree, it's by no means a perfect defense. But as you said, it could cause opponents to flank you which could be your intent. A means of persuading your opponents to go where you want them to. Also, seeing as the game is being setup so that only certain maps are available at certain times, it may be possible to have this strategy ready when only a few maps are available. Obviously ones that benefit from it. And again, Splat Zones and that Tower gamemode might also greatly benefit.

But of course all of this is pointless if readily available subweapons are hard counters to this strat. It may also explain why in the demonstration the two Dynamo users were on higher ground.
4 dynamo rollers on the tower. Each one guards one side. I want to see this happen. Sounds like a terrible idea, but but I still want to see it done.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
  • Sniper Defense
was the only point i see anything wrong with because regardless of how fast (or slow) you smack the ground you can still be hit from the sides or behind or front before you swing again. i feel confident saying that taking 4 of anything will definitely be map dependent and i'm not entirely sure 4 rollers is the key to the W.

Undr

• Sniper Defense
was the only point i see anything wrong with because regardless of how fast (or slow) you smack the ground you can still be hit from the sides or behind or front before you swing again. i feel confident saying that taking 4 of anything will definitely be map dependent and i'm not entirely sure 4 rollers is the key to the W.
My apologies, I meant that as a means of protecting your team's sniper. Not so much defending yourself against snipers. Poorly phrased on my part.

thefro

Full Squid
4 dynamo rollers on the tower. Each one guards one side. I want to see this happen. Sounds like a terrible idea, but but I still want to see it done.
That'd be funny, but very risky. If the other team rushes the tower and gets to it first, it would be very hard to counter-attack.

Also I think you could lob a grenade/several weapons in or shoot down (the tower isn't the highest thing on the map) to counter. Plus the other team would be building up their special meters while you'd have limited chances to do so on the tower.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
That'd be funny, but very risky. If the other team rushes the tower and gets to it first, it would be very hard to counter-attack.

Also I think you could lob a grenade/several weapons in or shoot down (the tower isn't the highest thing on the map) to counter. Plus the other team would be building up their special meters while you'd have limited chances to do so on the tower.
lol Yeah. It isn't the best idea, but I am curious to see how effective/ineffective it will be. Will be hilarious to see if someone can win that way though.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Pretty flawed. Flanking, snipers, and bombs are huge counters, and two Rollers (especially Dynamos) on a team is a generally bad idea. It may find a niche, though.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very interesting, although I think there are things that could counter this fairly easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom