Am I Bad?

Do you also deal with self conflict over your skill as a player in this game and/or others?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Voidaken

Inkling
NNID
Voidaken
Today was not a good day on Splatoon for me. I lost all my matches but one I think, ranked down, got crappy rolls, didn't get the gear I hoped to get from Spyke, etc., etc. Just was an unlucky day for me I guess, but I want to focus on my performance today.

I performed relatively well. I scored top three each game of all eight players each game. I wasn't getting frustrated to the point of slipping up that I could tell. Despite continuing to play in the same rooms until I got kicked out via connection or rank change, the constant to my losing streak was me ultimately.
So maybe I was on tilt today. I put the game down for the rest of the day and did other things, but I've been thinking about it today. What if really I'm not a good player? I could have done something to change the outcome of the game, right? I was not able to.

I am not asking so much for you to tell me am I bad but rather how does a player properly evaluate him or herself and avoid any delusions of grandeur that they are the diamond stuck in mud? I'm teetering between overconfidence and absolute doubt in myself right now, so I'm hoping to find some words of wisdom from a fresh perspective. That way maybe I can gain proper confidence in myself as a player while collecting the right mentality to constantly improve myself, in all areas of my life.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
I think the best thing you just did for yourself is recognize that you may not be as good as you thought you were/are. When we hit our limit as Gamers, it's important to recognize that we're there and not assume we're better than we really are. If you sit back and say "I'm better than this, I deserve better, I deserve MORE. Why oh Kami-sama in all your papery wisdom can't I JUST GET ONE MORE SPLATTING RANK!?"

When we assume we deserve more or we're better than we are It's easy then, to justify why we lost.

No, Voidakin. You are NOT as good as you thought you were.

Is that established? We both believe it now.

But know what's great? You can get better. In Fact, you can get better quicker now that you know you need to.

So don't give up. We all aren't as good as we thought we were. If someone disagrees they're a dirty liar.

Sit back and Identify what you can improve on. Research, ask for help, and try your best to not get frustrated when you do bad. Cause you can and will get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom