Am I doing it wrong? (savescumming to get pure gear)

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
Ok, it's been days since I've been ordering a squash band with all damage up subs, hoping to get all three subs or two at least and then savescum the third, this is my technique:

meet the person wearing it
make a backup save on the console
copy the backup to a stick
order it (on a save located on usb stick)
copy the backup to another stick
order it
repeat
check every save on every usb stick the next day to see if you've got something interesting

I know the odds are: 30% 0 sub, 60% 1 sub, 9.5% 2 subs, 0.5% 3 subs. Thing is, the first day I got all 0 sub on all saves, the second, third and fourth day I always got 1 sub on all saves. Am I doing something wrong? I find it weird that I always get the same gear on all saves.

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
You kinda already answered your own question. The result doesn't change per backup, but per day.

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
so what I'm reading on reddit is flat out wrong?

Basically, if you are lucky enough, you order gear from players that have at least 2/3 sub abilities you want. And getting that 2/3 from spyke isn't too difficult. As long as you make a save before taking the item from Spyke, you can continuously unlock the 3rd ability until you get the one you want.
But of course, getting the 2/3 is pretty hard as well. That's why you have multiple backup saves on different USBs and make a ton of orders per day. With, say, 10 back up saves you have a good chance of getting 1 or 2 saves with a 2/3 item, and all you need to do then is put in the time and effort to unlock the 3rd slot and you'll have yourself good gear.

This is a method I started doing about 2 weeks ago and have 6 different pieces of gear to show for it.
Stealth Goggles (Main Swim, 3 Sub Damage)
Baby-Jelly (Main Defense, 3 Sub Defense)
Tri-Colored Rugby (Main Quick Respawn, 3 Sub Quick Respawn)
Urban Vest (Main Cold-Blooded, 3 Sub Swim Speed Up)
Weird Yellow Jacket Thing (Main Bomb Range Up, 3 Sub Bomb Range Up)
Black Seashorse (Main Swim Speed, 3 Sub Swim Speed Up)

Njok

Bouncer
Yes it is flat out wrong.

What you can do however, is keeping the order by making a backup before you talk to Spyke. In the weapons and gear subforum there is a thread about Spyke in which I put a document with the exact explanation how to do that.

Edit: He or she probably means putting different orders on each USB. That does work. It's wayyyy too much hassle for a piece of gear for my taste, but if you don't mind than that is another option.

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
sorry mate, I'm not getting it, maybe due to language barriers too... so my method explained on first post does work, or it doesnt?

Njok

Bouncer
No it doesn't.

But what that poster on reddit probably means is you order 1 piece of gear from someone and make a back up and order a different piece of gear from another person and make a different back up. Then do that as much as you like and the chance that one of them comes with at least 2 subs is bigger.

But it doesn't work for ordering the same piece of gear from the same person multiple times, because on the same day the result of that order will always be the same, no matter what you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom