Am I the only one more frustrated at Aerosprays than rollers?

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
I'm just a little tired of getting splatted all the time when they get in range. Maybe this is just the life of a charger isn't it?

mewtheed

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mewtheed
I have trouble dealing with them too, they're supposed to have low range yet I always get surprised by how far they can shoot. and because of the mad fire rate they can cover a huge area in no time.

I guess the only thing to do is to take them out before they get in range, otherwise you're already screwed.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
It's not just a problem with chargers (even though it's far worse for them) as while using a Tentatek Splattershot they are still irritating. It's easy for them to sneak in quickly by going into squid form and when they are in range your chance of survival is slim to none. Chargers unfortunately are the most difficult weapons to play for the least benefits and have problems on certain maps.
Source: I've been mostly using the Classic Squiffer since launch day.

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
I have trouble dealing with them too, they're supposed to have low range yet I always get surprised by how far they can shoot. and because of the mad fire rate they can cover a huge area in no time.

I guess the only thing to do is to take them out before they get in range, otherwise you're already screwed.
Yeah it's really frustrating i always think I'm safe but then before i know it the ink is raining all over me

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
It's not just a problem with chargers (even though it's far worse for them) as while using a Tentatek Splattershot they are still irritating. It's easy for them to sneak in quickly by going into squid form and when they are in range your chance of survival is slim to none. Chargers unfortunately are the most difficult weapons to play for the least benefits and have problems on certain maps.
Source: I've been mostly using the Classic Squiffer since launch day.
I've been using all the chargers, favorite being the Kelp Splatterscope and personally i think each map has something for chargers except maybe the skate park, there's the high spot argument but it's really unsafe

jkid391

Senior Squid
I you have a high range weapon, then you are not as screwed, since they can't get you from far. I use the Dual Squelcher, gets rid of them fast.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
They say it has low power but I seem to never kill quicker than others have when using the gun.
It's great for everything except power for sure. (So I often have to use attack builds for it.)

Beariie

Full Squid
Aerosprays and splattershots jr.

If they are going to have high fire rate then they also need to do low damage (6-8 shots) to kill when no having damage up. And also smaller paintballs.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Six to eight shots is kind of ridiculous don't you think? Especially since they HAVE to be close?

It already takes 5 shots to kill someone with 3 defense slots.

Last edited:

Beariie

Full Squid
Six to eight shots is kind of ridiculous don't you think? Especially since they HAVE to be close?

It already takes 5 shots to kill someone with 3 defense slots.
Nope, its not ridiculous. Either you choose a gun to kill, or a gun to spread ink. Why should you have both when the gun is brain dead easy to use?

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I've been using all the chargers, favorite being the Kelp Splatterscope and personally i think each map has something for chargers except maybe the skate park, there's the high spot argument but it's really unsafe
I had Blackbelly Skatepark in mind with writing this. On one of my sessions I played on the Skatepark nearly every time and only won a single match. I was so salty afterwards that I used a Tentatek Splattershot for about a day and a half before going back to the Squiffer.

Edit:
Regarding at the weapon itself, I have used it since my last post and I disagree with the Aerospray being legitimately overpowered. It has distinct weaknesses, but it is one of the most versatile weapons in the game. I don't think it has as much to do with the gun (which is very good to begin with) as players adapting to cover its weaknesses. In time this level of play will likely become common among other weapons.

Last edited:

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Is there a difference between the RG and the MG? I seem to have more trouble with RG users than MG. I agree that guns with higher fire rates should do less damage, but all in all the Aerosprays aren't too bad (not broken, anyway). They may be easy to use but that doesn't mean that much.

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
My biggest complaint about the Aerosprays are that they are not accessible to everyone.

I have been putting a LOT of my free time (which isn't much) into playing, and I'm only level 14. I don't have time to complete the single player campaign, and that's the only way to get those weapons. It just feels like a large barrier to me.... I can choose to get xp / money / experience, or I can grind the single player for weapons that shouldn't have to be unlocked that way.

Ehh, maybe I'm just a bit salty. The guns seem OP (though I've never actually used them).

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
I'm not saying they're broken, just...very frustrating to deal with because even if you're at a distance they can easily drive in close if your opponent isn't a brick and actually tries to maneuver

Edit: That being said I've actually been managing to deal with them easier lately

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Is there a difference between the RG and the MG? I seem to have more trouble with RG users than MG. I agree that guns with higher fire rates should do less damage, but all in all the Aerosprays aren't too bad (not broken, anyway). They may be easy to use but that doesn't mean that much.
The RG uses inkmines and instrikes whereas the other uses seekers and bazookas. The RG even is very slightly weaker too (but the difference is negligible). Maybe you're just getting splatted by people who prefer using mines and inkstrikes.

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
I dislike the fact that their fast firing rate pushes you back a lot when using a Bubbler, effectively making your special useless.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
It depends on your location on the map if they have the advantage. If there in an open part of the stage, it's pretty easy to beat them. I only have trouble if they are in a tight pathway, I just escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom